October 23, 2014 | 1577 users online

Palettes - MAC - Pro Colour Palette/Small Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by a29105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got my first one in a multiswap and I couldn't be happier. This palette screams expensive and looks great on your vanity. It looks like it would be heavy, but it isn't. It is quite light weight and the magnet on the front is very sturdy. The shadows look great from behind the clear "window" on top and it's great for organization since you can see the colors before you open the palette. I wish the large eyeshadow palette had the same feature. It can get a little dusty with use and if you remove the shadows you'll notice how much shadow dust gathers under the pans. You'll find yourself cleaning these quite frequently. Removing the shadows can be tricky since you have to remove the entire shadow panel to do so. It gets easier to do with use. I would buy again and am currently planning on doing such.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The new palettes look really nice but they need a manual to show how to remove the shadows! You have to 'pop' the insert out in order to remove the shadows.

I really like the see through lid, they should do that with the 15 pan palette too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

These are so convenient to store Mac eyeshadows in! The pain is to depot them, stick the names on the back of each pan and find magnets for them so they can stick to the palette, but once the task is over, voila: Pretty, safely stored eyeshadows that you can look at and examine whenever you want. This layout also helps to get you out of your makeup rut - when you see all the colors at the same time you get more inspired and adventurous. I looove the appearance of these palettes. They're so flat and sleek, I adore all Mac packaging, I find it uber chic and minimal. It's really a joy, having all my eyeshadows in one place (well... a couple of palettes for the time being), taking them anywhere I want without having to choose which ones I'll leave behind due to space restrictions; I couldn't re-live Sophie's choice one more time, and now I don't have to! Get one of those babies and you won't regret it. Will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought my first palette and almost filled it with my old shadows. depoting was super easy (used the flat iron method). i like that i can look at all my shadows at once. will definitely buy again....when i need more space

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think that these palettes are a fantastic idea if you have a bunch of shadows (like I do!). They are secure, allow you to keep shadows clean and if you buy shadow refills, they actually cut down on the cost and packaging of buying shadows in individual cases. As a bonus, UD, Body Shop and Smashbox shadow pans fit quite well into these, so you can depot even more than your MAC shadows for easy storage!

Unfortunately the lids aren't clear, so in order to find what you're looking for if you have more than one, you need to label or write on the outside. There is a metal plate under the pan holders, so in order to securely fix the shadows in place, you need to stick magnets to the bottom of the shadow pans. Another down side is that in order to get your individually-cased and limited edition shadows and out of their quads and plastic cases, you have to cut and/or (with the new quads) melt plastic to get them out, and even if you're careful there is a risk of chipping, cracking or breaking the shadows as you try to remove them.

If MAC would make the lids transparent, add magnetic strips under the pans in the palettes and the individual cases (like Makeup Forever does) so they could easily be moved, they would be perfect!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love how convenient this is for all my eyeshadows. I really like that you can have all the shades together to make it easier to see your options or to blend different colors together. MAC's sleek black look is what really loured me into purchasing this, but I wish it was a richer black and a little higher quality. I'm sure it will last me a very long time, but for almost $15 for plastic, this should really feel more durable. I'd definitely buy more of these though, even though they are a little overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by mimie

I like the fact that i can have my eyeshadows in one place nice and tidy in a beautiful little palette. I got my first one last week and i am really excited because i wanted one for so long.
But i think that it should be a little cheaper (its just plastic) and mac should make a bigger one...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by dewdrop10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these; so why does it seem so hard to find them? They dont sell them at my closest Mac counter, so I have to send for them. I just dont get why some companies dont have a bigger sales base. Why cant they sell Mac in more places?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The MAC 15 Eyeshadow Pro Palette should be cheaper in my opinion. First off, MAC pans have a lot of wiggle room inside these wells. So if you were to drop your eyeshadow palette or move around, it would be very susceptible to breaking. Also, the magnets on the MAC pro pans are not that strong to securely hold the eyeshadow.

I actually modified my palette by changing the steel plate with an adhesive magnet that I bought from Michaels. Since I use steel pans (non-mac pans) it was the easiest solution. When I say steel pans, I mean pans that I bought from Coastal Scents and Stars MakeUp Haven. Even though they say they are 26mm, they are slightly bigger than MAC pans. So you can actually depot and stick the MAC eyeshadow inside the steel pan. The fact that they are bigger, allows for less wiggle room inside the palette.

I actually compared this palette to the UNII Palette and 12 Pieces Empty Magnetic Palette:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nayre

This is a great idea! I keep all my favourite shadows together and can easily see them if I have time in the morning to try a different look. It's nice and slim so can be easily transported. Only trouble with these is that I keep getting tempted to fill them!!