July 31, 2014 | 2009 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Seaweed Clarifying Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by saintkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to try this as it is an alcohol-free toner but I found it more irritating than my alcohol containing ones. Firstly, although it doesn't have alcohol, it has menthol which I hate and usually irritates my skin. Secondly, it causes my skin to sting, and this is not just the menthol because I am fine with some ones that have menthol (although it is annoying). It does remove make-up but it doesn't leave my skin feeling particularly clean. Using this in conjunction with the mattifying day cream did virtually nothing but irritate my skin. Price is all right seeing as it does remove make-up. Packaging is fine too. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by echiba

I rarely buy products twice because I always want to try something new, but I'm about to finish my third bottle.
It doesn't sting like other toners I've tried, it smells divine, and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I do have oily combo skin, and this toner has just enough of a tightening fresh tingling sensation that my skin feels clean, but not dried out. It does tend to sting a bit on fresh acne bumps, but its slight astringent qualities help keep my small zits at bay (no help with cystic acne, but white heads are surface level and cystic acne is deeper). It's an essential part of my skincare routine, and my moisturizer just doesn't feel right without this toner. Although I've tried other toners I keep coming back to this. Other toners are too harsh, they sting and burn, or they stink, and this one is very pleasant. It's a decent price with an average amount of product, and the packaging is straight forward and you can see how much you have left. Overall, this is a win for me and although it may be basic, it's completely necessary for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetsera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tried this for the first time and it's really stinging to the skin. I don't know if it will cause any adverse effects to my skin for now as it is only the first time I am using it. Cleanliness wise it did so-so in my honest opinion. Managed to clean off dirt, but didn't really make me feel squeaky clean. (I only got that effect after using TBS Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask). I don't think I will get it again. Expensive for a toner and doesn't seem that awesome to me. Will continue to finish the bottle to see how it works. I actually found the formula rather harsh with it's stinging effect... Might try the teatree oil one next time as it seems to have better reviews.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is an average toner. I have combination skin, but very complicated combination skin; my nose gets oily, but it is also very dry and flaky, my chin gets a little oily, and the rest of my face is pretty normal. Anyway, I would use this toner every other day after I showered, and the only thing I noticed was that it dried my skin out. It didn't help with breakouts or redness or clogged pores, just dried my skin out. I still have about a third of the bottle left, but with my skin being a little more oily now because of warmer weather, I'm just trying to use it on occasion so I can get rid of it. I would only recommend this product if you have VERY oily skin. But I've never had much luck with toners in general; they just seem to all dry out my skin without providing any benefits.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

As with the other items from their Seaweed collection I haven't enjoyed this product as much as I thought I would. My skin feels taught, irritated and hot after using this - I will use what I have left but I will not buy it again and would not recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Sanahm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 17, I have combination skin and only really get spots in my T zone area. My cheeks are usually normal, so this was said to be perfect for my skin type.

WRONG!

I got it for free as part of the Body Shops 3 for 2 deal. I've been using it for 3 days and already I'm getting little spots that I never used to get before. Not a lot comes off on the cotton pad either.

It squirts out of the bottle really fast.

I don't see a real problem with the smell, it smells fresh.

I definitely would not buy it again, what's the point if it just causes break outs!

I wish I had read up on it on makeup alley before I bought it. Worst decision!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just an average toner. It isn't too harsh on my skin, it feels nice and refreshing and I can see the excess dirt and oils come off my face but it really does nothing for acne. If you just need an average toner this is perfect, but if you're looking for something that will significantly change the condition of your skin this is definitely NOT it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by georgiah17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this as i really want to love the body shop skincare but this was such a disappointment! I have very oily and acne prone skin and after years of not using a toner i decided that this might help clear up my skin. It didn't help at all, instead made me breakout, stung my skin, and really did nothing in terms of removing excess dirt or keeping my face less oily. don't recommend at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It didn't work for me with my acne. A waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Reneeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i haven't had a single pimple since i was a teenager ten yrs ago, this broke my skin out for some reason.