The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 3/13/2014 12:52:00 PM

I don't understand all the bad/mediocre reviews about this product. I think the problem is that this toner is marketed towards oily/more acne and blemish prone skin. Honestly I think this is best for dry combination skin. You must have dry skin to some degree to use this product and have it be amazing for you. I have dry somewhat combination skin, as it gets oily throughout the day. But overall my skin is very dehydrated and mostly dry, and I LOVE this toner !!! It's just marketed towards the wrong people. It's deeply cleansing yet infuses your skin with moisture deep down. It has castor oil in it, which is excellent for cleansing and adding some moisture. People are so used to toners filled with alcohol, and that "burning" sensation as a result from the harsh stripping agents that most toners/astringents contain. This toner I would think puts people with oily skin off because when you put this toner on your face it feels moisturizing, and does not burn or make your face feel tight or stripped. Oily people are used to using those types of toners right ? I know I was pre accutane back when I had extremely oily skin. If you have oily or blemish prone skin try the tea tree toner instead maybe, or clinique toners, as I used them for years and they are wonderful. My skin is just too dry to use them nowadays. The seaweed toner has an excellent smell also, very fresh and beachy, but is not overpowering or smells "scented" at all. Nothing artificial smelling or feeling about this product. Highly recommend this to those with DRIER skin who get occasional congested skin, possible breakouts every now and then or a tiny bit of oil throughout the day. If you are dominantly oily, do not use this. Overall, this toner is amazing !

on 2/2/2014 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not a huge fan of The Body Shop's skincare, but I actually liked this toner a lot. It really did a good job of removing any final residue leftover after using my cleanser, it did not dry out my skin at all with frequent use, and I did find that breakouts and clogged pores were much more infrequent while I used this toner. I've since finished the bottle, but I wouldn't buy again just because I much prefer the exfoliating action of Clinique's 3 step toner #3. I would, however, recommend this to anyone with combo/oily skin looking for a more gentle toner for everyday use. Good product.

on 1/28/2014 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The ingredient contains alcohol, I didn't knew that before and i was dumb enough to apply it around my eyes, it hurts. However, I love this toner, I am using it to remove my make up as well, it really helps to clarify deeply.

on 1/8/2014 11:39:00 AM

I have to say I personally really, really like this toner. I have used a variety of toners, but none felt as gentle as this TBS one. I have very oily skin and blemished skin, so some of the other toners I've used in the past always dried my skin too much, even if it says it's alcohol free. This toner though does not strip my skin of its natural oil and still cleans my face of the remaining makeup or cleanser I didn't wash off.

on 1/3/2014 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I generally use this toner to ensure that all my makeup is removed. Genrally I use makeup wipes, wash my face, then use this toner. I love how this toner isn't too drying and doesn't sting my face unlike other toners that I have tried. It has an unusual scent which I enjoy. However the scent doesn't last. Occasionally I use this toner to refresh my face after I workout. I am on my second bottle of this product and overall enjoy it.

on 12/22/2013 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Broke me out... Didn't do any of its claims. Never shop at the body shop now

on 12/3/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell but I think the fragrance is too harsh on my sensitive skin so I stopped using it after a few weeks. I use Apple Cider Vinegar and fresh water (1:2 ratio) as alternative. My skin isn't too oily now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I liked the packaging & smell of this, but it was nothing special. It didn't irritate my skin, and did what a toner should do.. however, for the price I wouldn't repurchase as it was just average and my witch hazel does the same thing for me (although, it doesn't smell as good).

on 7/27/2013 11:35:00 PM

I wanted to try this as it is an alcohol-free toner but I found it more irritating than my alcohol containing ones. Firstly, although it doesn't have alcohol, it has menthol which I hate and usually irritates my skin. Secondly, it causes my skin to sting, and this is not just the menthol because I am fine with some ones that have menthol (although it is annoying). It does remove make-up but it doesn't leave my skin feeling particularly clean. Using this in conjunction with the mattifying day cream did virtually nothing but irritate my skin. Price is all right seeing as it does remove make-up. Packaging is fine too. Would not repurchase.

on 6/4/2013 3:45:00 AM

I rarely buy products twice because I always want to try something new, but I'm about to finish my third bottle.
It doesn't sting like other toners I've tried, it smells divine, and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I do have oily combo skin, and this toner has just enough of a tightening fresh tingling sensation that my skin feels clean, but not dried out. It does tend to sting a bit on fresh acne bumps, but its slight astringent qualities help keep my small zits at bay (no help with cystic acne, but white heads are surface level and cystic acne is deeper). It's an essential part of my skincare routine, and my moisturizer just doesn't feel right without this toner. Although I've tried other toners I keep coming back to this. Other toners are too harsh, they sting and burn, or they stink, and this one is very pleasant. It's a decent price with an average amount of product, and the packaging is straight forward and you can see how much you have left. Overall, this is a win for me and although it may be basic, it's completely necessary for me.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products