October 1, 2014 | 1943 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always had dry skin on my body. It was just a part of my routine I've neglected but after being envious of celebrities' glowing skin on their body, I went to look for something to get that look. I found it in this. I had bad experiences with other oils (coconut, olive) being too thick and not easily absorbable. But this absorbed nicely (will still wait at least 5-10 min before jumping into bed). Sometimes when I need extra exfoliation, I use this oil with some sugar and scrub where needed. My bumps on my arms have been disappearing slowly. I also have a lot of ingrown hairs on my legs. Using this oil to scrub with these Korean spa exfoliating hand mitts (ones the people at Korean spas use to scrub every dead skin cell out of you!) and sometimes use a sugar. My skin feels super smooth. I also use this oil to mix in with a little highlighter (Becca's Shimmering skin Perfector) to apply to my chest, decolletage, arms, and legs to give my skin that celebrity glowing skin look. My skin goes from dull to luminous!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Update:
Think I have gotten more used to the strong scent, however, will not be purchasing again. It does last a long while though, I still have it, so if you want to try it is good value for money. Have been using it up in the shower like a moisturising body wash, and I think its nicer like that.

___________________________________________________________
I don't mind the product, it would be 3.5 lippies but I down-rated it because of the packaging.

It is a nice oil to mix in with your body moisturiser, particularly in the winter. I couldn't find the fragrance-free version so I used the sesame, but I think I would prefer frag-free. This one has an overwhelming scent. I like how Neutrogena is doing their 'naturals' brand, so maybe we will see a more 'natural' version of this??

The major problem with this is the packaging. The plastic cap isn't really good enough to stop oil leaking out, and the bottle is very thin so i would worry about it being dropped. Also, because it doesn't have a pump top, you have to pick it up each time you want to use it, so if you have oily hand already its kinda gross. So a pump top would be better. Maybe I will have to find another bottle to decant this into......

Will update later, but so far I would not buy this again and go with something slightly more natural. But I don't think this is as bad as a lot of products available and it hasn't had any bad effects on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by kchua01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my favorites ever since my mom introduced this to me. I use this on my body at night after taking a shower. It has a mild, luxurious scent and it makes my skin glow and helps keep it moisturized and soft. Other oils (baby oils) feel heavy on my skin but this one is absorbed easily. Use this as part of your nightly ritual!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

My skin is so soft after using this! I wasn't sure what they meant by shower-damp skin - as in, do I just apply it right after turning the water off? Should I wick away excess water with my hands? Do I pat myself off with a towel first? Air dry for a few minutes? Here is what I did:

I pat down most of my body lightly with a towel but I left my left leg and chest mostly wet, and just kind of brushed off the extra water with my hand. Then I applied about one to two drops to each part of my body - less than a dime sized amount. I discovered the areas I pat dry absorbed almost immediately and the areas I left a little wet absorbed but not as quickly. I could see the oil beading up a little bit in a few spots.

There are a couple of down sides to this. First of all, I intended to get unscented but bought the regular by mistake. The smell is kind of a floral, granny-ish smell. It's not *too* bad and reminds me slightly of sunscreen, but it's not really a scent that I want on my body. Also, it's a little messy and I have a feeling the bottle cap is going to get greasy with spilled oil after a few more uses. I would recommend getting something like an eye dropper to pick up the oil and control how much of it you use.

But in conclusion, I cannot quit touching my skin, it's so soft. This is definitely worth trying out and i recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years and I love it. There's always a bottle right by my shower. I can tell if I forget to use it for a few showers, my skin dries up so quickly. While I love the smell of lotions, I hate waiting for them to dry, so for too long I was only occasionally applying lotions. I was hesitant to try this, fearing that it would be like baby oil and never dry; but that is not the case! Oil is perfect in the mornings or whenever I'm trying to get out of the door. The only time I have problems is if I'm trying to get dressed right after I shower- skinny jeans aren't happening! The smell doesn't bother me at all, but I love natural/floral scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely DETEST feeling gooey and sticky all over (especially in summer). No, really. I have zero tolerance for that sort of thing. That's why I never use body lotions or even sunblock on my body. However, what with aging and living in a desert-dry climate, I must admit that my skin has become so dry, I creak when I walk.

I remembered I had once used this old classic and I liked it so I decided to give it another try. My memory didn't deceive me. This fits the bill brilliantly. I slather it all over my wet body and then pat it dry. No stickiness, no greasy residue, no feeling gooey all over, and my skins cries "Thank you!" I do recommend it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

A nice, light body oil Takes a little while to absorb before you can put on clothing, compared to a lotion, but feels great and has a light pleasant scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

I have been most curious to try this since I've heard so much praises for this for the looongest time. I never got around to buying one since I'm not exactly a body oil afficionado. I live in a very humid place and I try to avoid even using lotion if I could avoid it, but I couldn't since we need SPF. Since Neutrogena was having a promo wherein if you buy two products from them, you get a full-size body oil, I thought, what the heck. I've been wanting to try their moisturizers and BB creams since it was released (more on that in another review). The BB cream and moisturizer are so-so but this I would definitely pay full price for once my bottle gets used up. The main thing that I like about this is how light it is and how it moisturizes my skin so well. I've used plenty of lotions in the past but they never seem to work on my extremely stubborn dry skin. I use this after a bath while my skin is still damp. This would help some folks who feel "icky" for using body oil. I also like the scent, light, but not overpowering. Highly recommended and well worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Jaszio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this for two years, I used to break out on my body, and this seemed to help.. I put it on directly after I showered and did my makeup and it would be dry in ten minutes. I've never had a problem with scent or mess. Definately a repurchase.. I put this in my hair once just to see if it would help haha, it didn't smooth it out or make it greasy.. It just didn't do anything, so I keep it on my body only.. :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fabulous classic product to have on hand at all times. I like the unscented version, as I don't care for the floral scent of the regular version. Super-lightweight yet moisturizing, leaves skin soft & smooth. Non-irritating & lasts a long time, & surprisingly doesn't turn rancid easily like other oils I've used.