July 23, 2014 | 2297 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

My skin is so soft after using this! I wasn't sure what they meant by shower-damp skin - as in, do I just apply it right after turning the water off? Should I wick away excess water with my hands? Do I pat myself off with a towel first? Air dry for a few minutes? Here is what I did:

I pat down most of my body lightly with a towel but I left my left leg and chest mostly wet, and just kind of brushed off the extra water with my hand. Then I applied about one to two drops to each part of my body - less than a dime sized amount. I discovered the areas I pat dry absorbed almost immediately and the areas I left a little wet absorbed but not as quickly. I could see the oil beading up a little bit in a few spots.

There are a couple of down sides to this. First of all, I intended to get unscented but bought the regular by mistake. The smell is kind of a floral, granny-ish smell. It's not *too* bad and reminds me slightly of sunscreen, but it's not really a scent that I want on my body. Also, it's a little messy and I have a feeling the bottle cap is going to get greasy with spilled oil after a few more uses. I would recommend getting something like an eye dropper to pick up the oil and control how much of it you use.

But in conclusion, I cannot quit touching my skin, it's so soft. This is definitely worth trying out and i recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years and I love it. There's always a bottle right by my shower. I can tell if I forget to use it for a few showers, my skin dries up so quickly. While I love the smell of lotions, I hate waiting for them to dry, so for too long I was only occasionally applying lotions. I was hesitant to try this, fearing that it would be like baby oil and never dry; but that is not the case! Oil is perfect in the mornings or whenever I'm trying to get out of the door. The only time I have problems is if I'm trying to get dressed right after I shower- skinny jeans aren't happening! The smell doesn't bother me at all, but I love natural/floral scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely DETEST feeling gooey and sticky all over (especially in summer). No, really. I have zero tolerance for that sort of thing. That's why I never use body lotions or even sunblock on my body. However, what with aging and living in a desert-dry climate, I must admit that my skin has become so dry, I creak when I walk.

I remembered I had once used this old classic and I liked it so I decided to give it another try. My memory didn't deceive me. This fits the bill brilliantly. I slather it all over my wet body and then pat it dry. No stickiness, no greasy residue, no feeling gooey all over, and my skins cries "Thank you!" I do recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

A nice, light body oil Takes a little while to absorb before you can put on clothing, compared to a lotion, but feels great and has a light pleasant scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

I have been most curious to try this since I've heard so much praises for this for the looongest time. I never got around to buying one since I'm not exactly a body oil afficionado. I live in a very humid place and I try to avoid even using lotion if I could avoid it, but I couldn't since we need SPF. Since Neutrogena was having a promo wherein if you buy two products from them, you get a full-size body oil, I thought, what the heck. I've been wanting to try their moisturizers and BB creams since it was released (more on that in another review). The BB cream and moisturizer are so-so but this I would definitely pay full price for once my bottle gets used up. The main thing that I like about this is how light it is and how it moisturizes my skin so well. I've used plenty of lotions in the past but they never seem to work on my extremely stubborn dry skin. I use this after a bath while my skin is still damp. This would help some folks who feel "icky" for using body oil. I also like the scent, light, but not overpowering. Highly recommended and well worth the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Jaszio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this for two years, I used to break out on my body, and this seemed to help.. I put it on directly after I showered and did my makeup and it would be dry in ten minutes. I've never had a problem with scent or mess. Definately a repurchase.. I put this in my hair once just to see if it would help haha, it didn't smooth it out or make it greasy.. It just didn't do anything, so I keep it on my body only.. :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fabulous classic product to have on hand at all times. I like the unscented version, as I don't care for the floral scent of the regular version. Super-lightweight yet moisturizing, leaves skin soft & smooth. Non-irritating & lasts a long time, & surprisingly doesn't turn rancid easily like other oils I've used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll preface this review by saying I'm not a big fan of most Neutrogena products. When I was growing up, that clear brown soap was one of those products that everyone and their mama swore by. It never did anything for me. Same goes for the other products I've tried - moisturizers, shampoos, face cleansers, eye makeup remover (probably the worst one I've ever tried), the acne body washes - none of them did a thing for me. That's the main reason I never tried this body oil. I heard good things about it but having been disappointed by Neutrogena before, I just didn't bother.

A few months back, my mom offered this oil to me. She had the same bottle sitting in her bathroom for years and, for whatever reason, only used it a handful of times. Never one to turn down a free, almost full bottle of anything, I took it. I fully expected to be let down but this oil is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Seriously, it's good!

As I've gotten older, my skin has gotten drier. Skipping the all important moisturizing step is now no longer an option - I kind of have to do it or risk looking like I rolled around in flour. I really don't like slathering on lotion because most are sticky and just make me feel like I need another shower. I'm also kind of lazy and find the extra step of putting on lotion to be a pain. I've tried the lazier (wo)man's route of after shower body oils but they're typically too slick and leave my skin way too oily. I usually ended up wiping most of it off so I could get dressed. Very counterproductive. Dry body oil is a good option but those are pretty hard to find at a reasonable price.

This oil is just something different entirely. It's an oil but it's not overly oily. There's nothing greasy or icky feeling about it. I use this right after my shower while my skin is still wet. I then pat myself dry and allow my skin to air dry a bit before dressing. By that time, my skin has absorbed the oil and I'm good to go. No weird oil stained clothes or feeling like a walking oil slick. My skin is totally soft and smooth and stays that way throughout the night and the next day.

While I love this oil, it does have one downside. The bottle my mom gave me was the unscented version. I wouldn't call it entirely unscented - it has a sort of boring/blah smell that will stick to your towel but it really doesn't linger on your body. I used up the bottle my mom gave me so I bought the other "regular" version which is lightly scented. I'm not crazy about the regular scent as it's a bit floral and old ladyish. It also lingers for a good long while. In the future, I think I'll stick to the unscented version.

As this is a Neutrogena product, it is a bit on the pricey side. An 8.5oz bottle costs about $8/9 while a 16oz bottle is around $13. Compared to some of the company's other products, this is actually on the lower end of the price spectrum so it's not enough of a deterrent to stop me from buying it again. One 8.5oz bottle should last about two to three months if you shower twice a day and don't slather on two handfuls.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who has dry skin and is tired of lotion routine. This oil actually delivers and isn't a huge pain to use. I typically don't stick to moisturizing my skin despite the fact that I need it because I get lazy. I haven't skipped using this oil since I got it. Get a bottle, you likely won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by ohohcoco

What I love about this product is that it is lightweight and it has a light scent that lingers - I don't find it overpowering at all. It's best to use it just after you step out of the shower then apply this product all over. It gives your skin a very light sheen, a light scent and a soft smooth body. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a bit pricey (here in the Philippines) and I wish it would be in a spray bottle so it's easier to apply on the body. I knocked the bottle over and it spilled - yeah it's my fault. But overall, I absolutely love this product and I would definitely buy another one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by klanepr1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have loved this product for years -- it has been my go-to body lotion and my husband raves about my body skin (I'm not telling!).
Here's the question -- has the formula changed? The latest bottle seems like the product is thinner and a bit less moisturizing. Has anyone else come across this?