September 30, 2014 | 1117 users online

Blush - Lancome - Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose/Rose Tendre

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by doe07

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this blush. As an extremely pale person, it gives me the most lovely, natural look. The quality is excellent, and the compact, with a mirror and even a decent brush, is great.
Sometimes in the Winter, I want something a little darker color, to look like I'm just in from the cold. Otherwise, this is my go-to blush. I appreciate that this color is matte, and that even though the color is light, I never need to apply a lot.
Absolutely perfectly for a natural look for a fair skinned person.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HA! I already bought two of these gorgeous colors. Why? because I know how cosmetics companies work.. they usually discontinue all the colors which I grow to love. But I digress.. this color is very blah.

But BLAH, is good for me -- I wanted a skin color, something to give my face some definition and my cheeks some color. I have all the pinks, all the corals, all the MSF's I could ever use.. all I wanted was a matte, lovely more skin color to complement smoky eyes or neutral eyes and any lipstick. Yep, ANY lipstick. This is it!

I know it has been around for a few years but I never took notice because as a cosmetic junkie, we all gravitate to the newest latest and most shiny object we are presented with.

This blush is perfect for sculpting if you are fair skinned, and perfect for a bit of color if you are doing bright lips, or black eyes.

I love and immediately bought two!

The price is Lancome -- quality finely milled and no shimmer (sigh). As I have said before, I think shimmer is overdone and almost breathing it's last gasps of death.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I highly recommend this blush and will keep hoarding for the future!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by jlzakaras

Love the color - it complements just about any shade you choose to wear. However, it goes on so lightly, I had to keep building it to get it to show. And while I tend to like a very subtle flush of color on my cheeks, this is way too light. I wore a hole in the product in about a month. Any other brand of blush I've used will last me a year or longer.

So while I love the color, it's too pricey to have to replace as often as I would need to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great blush for my medium olive skin. It's warm and natural looking and lasts all day. This line of blushes is my favorite, and I own almost all of them. I never wear anything else, except for Estee Lauder occasionally. Well worth the high price. This looks great with Lancome's Sugared Maple lipstick and Estee Lauder's Cocoa Rose lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by fuzzywuzzywuzabearbuthadn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Such a LOVELY contour color with my skin tone (I have fair skin with a warm olivey undertone and I use this as a contour shade in the hollow of my cheek), reallyyyy good quality (finely milled powder), the brush that comes with it is good quality, very large mirror, very classy packaging, very natural, like the lovechild of a blush and a bronzer, the shimmer in the compact just translates to a glow on the skin (and believe me, I HATE shimmer, so any shimmer at all drives me crazy)

Cons: Pretty expensive, small amount for what you pay for, only works on light and maybe medium skintones

You know those blushes you see on models that look so natural yet so gorgeous? THIS IS IT!!! I took one star off because it's quite expensive and you don't get a ton of product, but besides that, I love it! If you're a PPP or FFF or even LLL and want a contour shade that is completely gorgeous but isn't as harsh as bronzer, this is it! If you're extremely fair with pink undertones, then this would probably work as a light bronzer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by connie09

I think that for the price, this blush is probably not worth it. It costs more than a Nars blush or even a Benefit Boxed powder. That being said, I think that the quality is still very good. I am around a NW30-35, and this blush barely shows up on my skin, which I actually like. It gives me the most subtle flush of color on my cheeks, so I don't have to worry whether my blush is too strong, because it never is. I would recommend this for lighter skinned people, because if you are any darker than my skin tone, it would not show up at all. I like that it has virtually no shimmer, and it looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by irishgrant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been a staple for me for about 15 years! I'll try new products, but I always have this one around. The color is natural for my neutral fair skin tone. The only downside for me is that it doesn't seem to stay on all day. I do touch up at lunch time. Otherwise, the texture, color and effects are terrific. And, even with everyday use, I don't need to repurchase for months and months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Good grief - I had this in college (about 25 years ago)! Imagine a cosmetic company actually producing something for more than a scant couple of years... Anyway, I got it recently after forgetting about it for years and I'm happy. The name describes it exactly: the color of cedar wood with pink mixed in. For some reason I don't remember it being so soft & natural, but back in the 80s we piled on our blusher with a trowel in a straight line under our cheekbones... The cute little brush actually works well so you don't have to carry a spare, and of course it's in the typically sleek Lancome compact. I knocked off a point for the price although since blusher lasts forever, I guess it's not all that bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by veirs

The best blush I've ever bought. Creams and stains promise to give you a just-gone-to-the-gym (or at least flounced-in-from-walking-up-some-stairs) look, but this one really does. It's the most natural looking blush I've ever seen. In the morning, it looks natural but "done." By afternoon, it's a warm glow. By the time you get home, it mixes with your natural color and looks sweet. The only blush I would recommend to any pale person. It's like selective Victorian-painting rosaecea.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: n/d, 41. Pros: Excellent soft blush- matte without being chalky. The ashes of rose description is perfect- kind of like a deep rose petal that has started to age in a vase. Lovely blend of pink, red, and brown-- I don't get peach with this but I'm very yellow olive. Cons: very soft color, possibly even not enough for a medium skin tone. The texture is so nice, though, that it is probably buildable. Price: Moderate, but there's a fair amount of product. Buy again: yes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No