Lancome Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose/Rose Tendre

4.4

(((SAFETY RATED 7 ON SKIN DEEP))) mica, ptfe, dimethicone, nylon-12, zinc stearate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, cetyl dimethicone, titanium dioxide, triisocetyl citrate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, propylparaben, acrylates copolymer.

on 9/3/2010 9:43:00 PM

I really like this blush. It is a subtle color that looks very natural on my NC15 skin. I find myself wearing this on non-makeup days just to give a natural flush since people ask me if I am feeling sick if I do not have blush on (I am very pale).

The blush requires me to really layer it on for it to be visible and I took off one lippie because I have to touch up after a few hours which is very annoying. Seems some other reviewers have same problem, others say it lasts all day, so dont know what the difference is.

Great for contouring under a brighter blush as well.

Also, it has a subtle scent which makes me feel that it is fresh and clean although really, I should be annoyed that it is scented. However, I really like the scent and it makes me feel that the blush is extra quality for some reason.

Has not broken me out.

Overall, great blush.

on 5/7/2010 2:44:00 PM

I hate wearing blush - well, that's what I thought because it's so hard to find one that works for me. I have nc/nw 20 skin and believed that blushes just look like swaths of colour on my skin, not an enhancement of my natural look. Or it makes my skin look muddy, or just disappears or leaves a streak of glitter on my cheekbones, and my clothes and my fingers and my hair...
I bought this as a whim - an expensive whim - and regretted it almost immediately. Until I started to use it - it was just as the SA claimed, it's very subtle, gives me a flushed but natural look, it definitely adds polish and a depth to my look. No sparkly fall out. It's very light. I'm almost tempted to wear it on those days that I don't "wear" makeup, just to add some colour to my face.

Great recommendation for a girl who is not crazy about blush. My only hesitation is the price -it's expensive even for HE blush. (compared to say, MAC Cargo or Benefit). However the product feels and smells lovely and I am confident it will last for a long time.

I would replace this colour if I ever use it up, and I would even consider looking at other colours in this line. It's certainly changed my opinion on wearing blush.

on 4/10/2010 10:23:00 AM

This is the perfect peachy rose blush that allows me to mimic the natural glow I achieve after exercising. I find it long-wearing, even after a sweaty spin workout. I use the enclosed brush and find that this blush applies smoothly. It does not "sit" on my skin...it actually looks like the color is coming from within :) I honestly glow with this product! HG. For reference, I am a MAC NW20.

on 1/24/2010 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this blush. As an extremely pale person, it gives me the most lovely, natural look. The quality is excellent, and the compact, with a mirror and even a decent brush, is great.
Sometimes in the Winter, I want something a little darker color, to look like I'm just in from the cold. Otherwise, this is my go-to blush. I appreciate that this color is matte, and that even though the color is light, I never need to apply a lot.
Absolutely perfectly for a natural look for a fair skinned person.

on 10/4/2009 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

HA! I already bought two of these gorgeous colors. Why? because I know how cosmetics companies work.. they usually discontinue all the colors which I grow to love. But I digress.. this color is very blah.

But BLAH, is good for me -- I wanted a skin color, something to give my face some definition and my cheeks some color. I have all the pinks, all the corals, all the MSF's I could ever use.. all I wanted was a matte, lovely more skin color to complement smoky eyes or neutral eyes and any lipstick. Yep, ANY lipstick. This is it!

I know it has been around for a few years but I never took notice because as a cosmetic junkie, we all gravitate to the newest latest and most shiny object we are presented with.

This blush is perfect for sculpting if you are fair skinned, and perfect for a bit of color if you are doing bright lips, or black eyes.

I love and immediately bought two!

The price is Lancome -- quality finely milled and no shimmer (sigh). As I have said before, I think shimmer is overdone and almost breathing it's last gasps of death.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I highly recommend this blush and will keep hoarding for the future!

on 9/26/2009 1:31:00 AM

Love the color - it complements just about any shade you choose to wear. However, it goes on so lightly, I had to keep building it to get it to show. And while I tend to like a very subtle flush of color on my cheeks, this is way too light. I wore a hole in the product in about a month. Any other brand of blush I've used will last me a year or longer.

So while I love the color, it's too pricey to have to replace as often as I would need to.

on 9/3/2009 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great blush for my medium olive skin. It's warm and natural looking and lasts all day. This line of blushes is my favorite, and I own almost all of them. I never wear anything else, except for Estee Lauder occasionally. Well worth the high price. This looks great with Lancome's Sugared Maple lipstick and Estee Lauder's Cocoa Rose lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: Such a LOVELY contour color with my skin tone (I have fair skin with a warm olivey undertone and I use this as a contour shade in the hollow of my cheek), reallyyyy good quality (finely milled powder), the brush that comes with it is good quality, very large mirror, very classy packaging, very natural, like the lovechild of a blush and a bronzer, the shimmer in the compact just translates to a glow on the skin (and believe me, I HATE shimmer, so any shimmer at all drives me crazy)

Cons: Pretty expensive, small amount for what you pay for, only works on light and maybe medium skintones

You know those blushes you see on models that look so natural yet so gorgeous? THIS IS IT!!! I took one star off because it's quite expensive and you don't get a ton of product, but besides that, I love it! If you're a PPP or FFF or even LLL and want a contour shade that is completely gorgeous but isn't as harsh as bronzer, this is it! If you're extremely fair with pink undertones, then this would probably work as a light bronzer.

on 5/10/2009 1:33:00 PM

I think that for the price, this blush is probably not worth it. It costs more than a Nars blush or even a Benefit Boxed powder. That being said, I think that the quality is still very good. I am around a NW30-35, and this blush barely shows up on my skin, which I actually like. It gives me the most subtle flush of color on my cheeks, so I don't have to worry whether my blush is too strong, because it never is. I would recommend this for lighter skinned people, because if you are any darker than my skin tone, it would not show up at all. I like that it has virtually no shimmer, and it looks very natural.

on 5/5/2009 11:04:00 AM

This has been a staple for me for about 15 years! I'll try new products, but I always have this one around. The color is natural for my neutral fair skin tone. The only downside for me is that it doesn't seem to stay on all day. I do touch up at lunch time. Otherwise, the texture, color and effects are terrific. And, even with everyday use, I don't need to repurchase for months and months.