November 23, 2014 | 1928 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Facial Soap Extra Mild

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This face soap gets your skin super clean but it does leave it dry. The extra-mild is the least drying. I would suggest that you only use extra mild or mild otherwise your face will be super dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by 12601834

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using Dove over this past 2 years but keep having breakouts. Back to this again. It's a tad drying but the best bar soap I can find that is actually proper soap, which cleans your skin thoroughly but is gentle.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by JNI32593

While this product isn't horrible in itself, it just did not work for my skin. I picked this up when I needed to get another of my usual mild facial bars, which my Sephora was out of at the time. So I picked this up thinking it wouldn't really be that different, and boy, was I wrong. I couldn't use my normal moisturizer with it or my face would be an oil slick, and even without moisturizer, my face still got very shiny. I never have had that problem with the mild formula. I didn't even finish the bar and went out less than a week later to Sephora to see if they had the mild kind in, which thankfully, they did. I won't even use this again, so I basically wasted $12 dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by 94020249

I love this soap. I am a big bar soap girl...liquid cleansers never give me that "super clean" feeling that I chase. I lather up in the shower and wash twice - first for removing makeup and oil etc and the second time for that squeeky clean feel. It is nowhere near as drying as the mild soap and I often get compliments on my skin (weird because I've never though I have good skin at all)...so it is obviously helping my skin in some way! Kinda expensive for a bar soap but lasts quite a while so I am willing to pay the $$$. If you don't like that squeeky clean feel that bar soap provides, then I wouldn't recommend it, but otherwise, give it a go!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this! It doesn't make my skin feel tight or weird, instead makes it feel soft and clears blackheads brilliantly.
I see its got some terrible reviews but i love it =]

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by alicebt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Finally learned my lesson: a soap is a soap is a soap, "extra mild" or not, it WILL strip your skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I took this one back to the shop for a refund. It stripped my skin and left my face feeling dry and itchy. It's a soap, after all - it lathers up, so it must have some kind of detergent-y ingredient, surely? The Clinique consultant assured me that the bar soap is the same formula as the liquid facial soap. However, she suggested I try the Comforting Cream Cleanser instead, and even though it costs a bit more, I agreed. So far it's been fine. As for the bar soap, I don't think bar soap can be 'extra mild'. Some people seem to have no problem with it, but it was not for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff dried out my skin, though not nearly as much as the liquid version. After using it for about a week, I noticed my face felt and looked dry. Upon close examination in the mirror, I could see that it was dehydrated. Though it makes my skin feel clean, it's just not worth it. I'll keep it on hand for those rare times (during the summer) that I feel the psychological need for a bar of soap to make my face feel pure and clean, but I can't justify buying it again, and at the rate I'll use it, the bar will outlast it usability.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

I also don't like bar cleansers to be said. But this is the first products I have started when started using Clinique several years back:-)

Sales assistant advice me to cut the bar in several pieces and just use one piece at a time. I have done that and it performed well!:-)
This is also trick for everyone who like this product. Everytime you will get "fresh" product!

It is foamy and as I notice with most foaming (specially Clinique's) cleansers is that they cleanse my skin so good they also remove my protective barrier.

Both - mild and extra mild bars are for me very similar, I really couldn't see the difference as both dried out my skin:-)

It took some time to realize that, but when you experiment you are also more quickly to notice what is wrong and which products are great for you.

As for recommendation - if you like bar (soap!) cleansers maybe give it a try, but I would definitely suggest you to stay away from it and find a milder cleanser:-)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by mmarrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Clinique has a great bar soap for face. However my Derm advised that all mild soap is the same. He advised using something cheaper as long as it was not a deodorant soap ie beauty soap like Dove or even cheaper various Generic beauty soap is ok and invest your money in a good sunscreen and an expensive Moisturisers But the little soap dish it comes in is a 5 lippie .. The soap dish ROCKS