Neostrata Facial Cleanser PHA 4%

4.1

Aqua (Water), Gluconolactone, Triethanolamine, Polyquaternium-10, Propylene Glycol, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol.

on 5/3/2011 5:31:00 AM

Yet again, Neostrata impresses me!
I purchased this to supplement my use of the Ultra Smoothing Cream, which it does perfectly.
Every single other acid/enyzme cleanser Ive tried have dried me out really badly...not this one! It makes my skin super soft and silky smooth, seriously!
I use it at night (after makeup removal) and it removes all excess residue.
At $30-40 AUD for 100ml, it is pricey but with once, ocasionally twice, daily use Ive barely made a dent and can see it lasting me about 2.5 more months, ive already used it for 1.
If you have never used active or acid based skin care this is an awesome place to start!

on 3/23/2010 4:46:00 AM

i love this cleanser~~
it cleans pretty well and doesn't leave my skin dry. it has also cleared up my acne and bumps. my skin was much smoother after using this product

on 1/27/2010 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG! I have used it for over a year and now I don't break out again. I use it with the Ultra Smoothing Cream PHA and also the Gel Plus as a mask. I never need to go to salon and deep clean my skin again. I use to suffer from acne but now it is all clear up. But you need to have patience. After half year of use I can see my skin turns a lot better. Don't expect improvements after weeks.

on 11/28/2009 11:12:00 PM

I love, love, love this cleanser. It's none foaming so it doesnt strip the skin dry. Combined with ultra smoothing cream my skin has improved by leaps and bound. There's a minor issue of the packaging.. i only wish tht it comes in tube packagin as the bottle cap is not very secure. I travel alot and I bring this bottle of cleanser with me everywhere. And everytime it leaks a little :( That's my only gripe about this otherwise great product.

on 1/31/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I purchased this as a makeup remover and so far I love it. It's very gentle, does not over strip the skin but removes my makeup beautifully (just make sure to avoid your eye area, you'll need a separate eye makeup remover). The 4% glycolic acid helps to slough off dead skin so the flakiness I've been experiencing as a result of our harsh winter is almost gone.

I follow this up with my Proactiv Renewing Cleanser, Proactiv Toner and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Facial Lotion (Nighttime) with a drop of tea tree oil and I swear my complexion improves day after day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this cleanser! Thank you Neostrata! I was worried about it being too harsh (I normally use Cetaphil), but this didn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. It is a gel, non-foaming cleanser with PHA (less irritating than Alpha Hydroxy acids). This controlled my combination/oily skin well without drying it out at all. I have only used this product for a couple of weeks, and will update in a month's time about any progress or improvement in my skin. :) Loving it so far.

on 12/10/2008 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Oil Free! Def helped with my acnes! Will def use it again for summer times!

on 4/25/2008 3:34:00 PM

It is likely I would buy this product again. I have slightly oily skin, but mature enough so that I do not want to use any harsh cleansers. I pre-cleanse with an oil cleanser first. I really prefer a foaming cleanser because I enjoy that clean, scrubbed feeling. However, this is a nice alternative - a midway alternative between foaming and a creamy cleanser. The price is pretty good; I like the pump bottle which dispenses just enough. I also like the fact that there is no detectable fragrance.

on 2/18/2008 4:41:00 AM

How surprised I was to love love love this product and in fact the whole range. I have ultra sensitive skin that often reacts to skincare products. This cleanser, however, has left my skin clear, soft, even and never tight. I was initially put off by the price , AUS$35 for 100mls, but you only need a small amount, the size of a pea, so the bottle lasts a while. It doesn't remove makeup very well, so I always use a makeup remover. All in all this is my new HG.

on 9/14/2007 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hooray for this cleanser! I want to tell anyone who has the kind of skin challenges I do to give this a try. I have combo skin which flakes in the oily areas, mild rosacea for which I use Finacea, and live in a dry climate. All these things conspire to make cleansing a very troubling ordeal. I have even resorted to creamy cleansers meant for dry skin (even though it's not my skin that's dry, it's the climate!) and they just left me feeling like I'd washed my face with moisturizer. My ideal cleanser would clean away the oiliness without leaving me stripped and tight, and somehow retain some hydration. This does just that. It is unfragranced, gel-like and does not lather (why does anyone really care about lather? It's how your skin feels when you're done that counts). I massage it in over the course of a minute or two, then sometimes wipe it away with a washcloth for a little extra exfoliation, then rinse. It really helps with the flakes and actually leaves my face feeling supple. The 4% concentration of polyhydroxyacid seems to be just enough to slough off flakes and create some water-retaining ability, and the relatively small amount of (gentle) cleansing agents take care of the oil. Nice pump packaging, too. I only wear mineral/talc powder makeup, and to get them off I do need to use a washcloth with this, but hey, I'm not complaining. This is about as close to perfect as I've gotten.