November 29, 2014 | 1171 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bikini Zone

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Calitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bikini Zone medicated cream is a miracle worker! Great to avoid prevent ingrown hairs on any part of the body.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

This product is a cream that you apply after waxing / shaving to minimize bumps and ingrown hairs.

I don't find much improvement when using this product. Maybe a little bit. But not enough to warrant continuing to use it.

The smell is medicinal. The tube is teeny for the price (and I go through a tube in about 2 weeks).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by localgal

I LOVE this stuff!!I don't get a strange odor when using it,it does smell like a medicated cream such as neosporin.When I use this after I shave my whole bikini area,I get baby soft skin, no bumps, no itching just a great bikini area!I do like the cream better then the gel,it tends to last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would say this works pretty good. It really does soothe the area that you have shaved, but it won't fully prevent bumps. I have course hair and very sensitive skin (not a good combination). It helps, but it's no miracle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ralix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, let me state that I am NOT a particularly hairy person. But I wanted a depilatory that would leave me smooth and not cause razor bumps. Bikini Zone's Creme Hair Remover is not it. I put it on and left it the recommended amout of time. Then did a test. No hair came off. The package said not to leave it on longer than 10 minutes, so I reluctantly removed it using a washcloth--even though I could see that the hair hadn't dissolved. Only 10% of the hair was removed. The next week, I tried again w/ the same results. It lives in the trash now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kmbirkel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

***NOTE: This is a review for Bikini Zone Creme Hair Remover.***

OH DEAR GOD STAY AWAY FROM THIS STUFF!!!

I have generally trusted the Bikini Zone line because their shave gel and bikini wax kit both work pretty well for me, so I thought I'd give the creme hair remover a try, thinking that if any company can successfully make a good bikini hair remover (!) it would be them. Wrong: I literally cannot remember the last time I was in so much pain. It stung a little while it was on, but not too badly; the bad part was when I began to rinse the creme off and remove the hair and creme with a washcloth, as the box directs you to do. I was literally screaming in pain - it's a good thing my roommate wasn't home - and my labia minora (inner lips) literally started bleeding. I was in so much pain that I got in touch with my doctor's on-call nurse and actually considered going to the ER; I think I would have, too, if not for the embarrassing details of the situation. I settled with alternating putting Vaseline, hydrocortizone cream and Neosporin all over down there and taking lots of Tylenol. It helped the immediate pain, but even now (two days later) I still can't wear any underwear for the discomfort.

Please, please, please STAY AWAY!!! I guarantee you I did read the instructions all the way through and did everything according to instructions. This product is just a nightmare!!!

Edit: to address the other reviewers' points - I just want to clarify that, per the instructions, I did NOT use this product after shaving or waxing. It was just a regular day. And it still ended horribly. So please trust me when I say, I think the stuff is just awful... I have no problem with admitting when I've made a mistake, but I honestly think in this case I did everything just as I was supposed to. It was just a disaster anyway. (going on a year later, and I still have NO desire to go anywhere near hair removers again... this scarred me for life, literally and figuratively. Worst product experience I ever had, and I haven't forgotten it.) :(

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by romantica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product does work, however there are a few major drawbacks, including the fact that homemade TendSkin (look up the recipe on MUA) is infinitely cheaper and more pleasant to use.

The two main annoyances of BikiniZone are the horrible smell (it does go away when it dries.. or does it? It makes me paranoid!), and the fact that I went through a tube of it in less than a month with near-everyday use. I usually apply a pea-sized amount over the bikini area, and I have no idea how people manage to get away with less. This means that the minuscule tube runs out pretty quickly, and considering the quantity/price ratio of this product, this makes it quite expensive!

And of course I could go on about the useless packaging that leaks as soon as you open the stupid child-locked cap that needs at least 5 minutes of fiddling with before each use... Instead I'd rather just send you to the recipe of the homemade TendSkin. Do yourself a favor and try it out, it works great for razor bumps and even body acne (unless you have very sensitive body skin)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

The packaging could be better on this, but overall I think it's pretty effective at doing what it's supposed to do. I both epilate and wax, so I am no stranger to ingrowns. I usually exfoliate in the shower to avoid them but coupled with Bikini Zone I do notice a decrease in ingrowns. However, sometimes they just can't be avoided (i.e. when clothes rub the wrong way immediately after hair removal). As long as I remember to put this on, I'm usually ok. The smell does bother me a bit, it smells "fishy" but it goes away after it dries. I have purchased this 2x and a tube lasts me a while, almost a year with regular use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by hitchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've always assumed the price to pay for womanhood is a litany of south-of-the-border issues, so when an unlikely friend, albeit awkwardly, told me how great this stuff was, i thought to myself, aha! maybe an embarrassing bikini line isn't god's prolonged smiting for eating that damn apple; maybe i can socialize at the pool with nary stray hair nor red bump!

thus, i set forth to cvs to buy myself a tube (cuz, you know, it'd be just gross to ask if i could use hers.)
the verdict: day 4, no bumps. no ingrowns, no pain. however, ladies, PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE YOU APPLY. i will say no more. and it makes my crotch smell like moth balls. i know it's the lidocaine, but when someone goes to tuck a bill, i don't usually have the time to explain these things to them.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jessicamc44

I have this is the medicated after shave gel. The cap is very hard to get open...you literally have to squeeze the tube and twist and pull. Causes a lot of product to be wasted outside of the tube and in the cap. Works like it is suppose to, soothes the itching but didn't notice much decrease in red bumps.