July 31, 2014 | 1471 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter - Mango

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by zillzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish this would moisturize better than it does, then I would love it. Now I only like it.. mainly because of the scent (mango is my fave fruit). I put a good amount of it on my lips before I go to bed but when I wake up my lips are their usual dry selves again. My best use for this is in the gap between coming out of the shower until I'm finished with my makeup, by then it's gone from my lips and I can apply some other lip product.
It smells really good, I think better on the lips than in the pot. There is a lot of product in it too so I think the prize is reasonable after all. If your lips aren't super dry like mine you might try this, but I'm not going to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this balm. I have yet to find a Body Shop product that I don't really like, actually, but this one is particularly nice. I recieved this as a gift a few years ago, and although I enjoyed it as a moisturising balm, I wasn't really that enthused with mango scents at the time, and so didn't really use it that much. However, a few months ago I rediscovered it, and was pleasantly surprised to find that, actually, I do love the scent now. There is a faint flavour as well, but I don't think it's particularly strong, and as it's pleasant enough, I don't mind it.
Pros: Super moisturising! I often put this on before I go to bed, and I wake up with soft, smooth lips.
Great smell - if you like mango scents, buy this!
Lasts for ages. I'll say this for the Body Shop, it's generous with the amount you get.
Gives a really nice smooth gloss to the lips, and makes them appear just a tad lighter than their natural colour.
Cons: I guess for some, the fact that it's in a pot could be an issue, but as I keep my nails fairly short (as a pianist), this isn't really an issue for me. If it's only you using it, and you have clean hands, I don't think it's really unsanitary, either.
This product is a little pricey (about NZ$14), although as mine was a gift it doesn't really matter. I still think that for the amount and quality you receive, the price is very reasonable.
Overall: love this, and may very well repurchase. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Makeupskincare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mmm this is gorgeous, the smell is just delish. It doesn't really do much on the moisturing side after you apply it but it lasts long and you can smell it hours after so for that I will definately repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by icedpinkvega

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't moisturize, doesn't last long on my lips. I put super thick layer before i go to bed and wake up with oily lips that chaped again in the afternoon. So dissapointed...makes me wonder do they really put shea butter in it?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by dani215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Is it bad that I open the jar to sniff it more often than I apply it? This smells different than the other products in TBS mango line. It's more like mango/bubblegum than just mango. Not a bad thing. I'm not a big fan of jar lip products in general because they can be messy/unsanitary. I definitely can't stick this in a pocket and don't like to apply it on the go. This lip butter melts and goes on clear and very glossy. The texture is very slick and some people might find it greasy, but I don't mind it. I like to rub the product left on my finger onto my cuticles. This lip 'butter' is not nearly moisturizing enough for seriously chapped lips and doesn't last very long or create much of a moisture barrier. I might repurchase for the nice smell and glossiness but not unless it was on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by pachalbel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip product. It has a very nice smell and moisturizing my lips very well. The only bad thing is it's look. It looks very shiny on your lips and this may be a problem if you are a man.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I really wanted to like this because it smells incredibly good, but as for moisturizing my lips, it doesn't hold up so well. The formula is quite greasy and I know being a lip butter it is meant to, but other brands of lip butters I have tried seem to "sink" into my lips rather than sitting on top. I also think it's over-priced for what it's really worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by livingthepipedream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. This has made the difference in keeping my lips soft and smooth on a regular basis. I try to use it regularly if not ever day a couple times a week. The smell is amazing and I love the little pot. When I put it on my lips it tastes sweet and has a kind of odd grainy feel. I think that this is because mango has a grainy texture to it naturally. Anyway when I put this on initially it feels grainy and a little dry because of the graininess.

However once the mango butter has soaked in/ worn off my lips feel amazingly soft. It has made such a difference in my lip condition overall. I'm always touching my lips and feeling how soft they are. I also use this with lush lip scrub. Holy grail lip balm!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by peacencarrots

I was disappointed in the Body Shop's lip butter collection, because I absolutely LOVE their body butters.

IF YOU HAVE DRY/CRACKED/CHAPPED LIPS: Do NOT buy this. This is not for you. I would recommend something by Blistex (I have their Fruit Smoothies chapsticks with SPF, they are really moisturizing) or Burt's Bees.

I can tolerate this product because it does moisturize my lips to some extent. My lips are generally moisturized, and are never cracked or dry, so this just glides onto my lips and does do its job, but it does it only adequately.
When I apply it after I shower, I usually find that after 15 minutes or so, I feel the need to apply it again. I do like, however, the creamy feeling of the lip butter. That's the only positive thing, also the smell, that I like about this product.
It will not make the condition of your lips worse, but I find that it just doesn't do much.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by amethyst123

This stuff smells amazing, but the scent is pretty much the only thing it's good for. When I put it on, I didn't like the way it felt on my lips. It was a sticky-smooth feel and the taste was a bit to sweet for me. I like a cool-minty kind of feel, it sooths my lips better. Also, at first it tasted sweet, but after awhile it tastes like warm, bitter wax. But most importantly, it did NOTHING for my lips. It either made no difference, or made them feel more dry.