The Body Shop Lip Butter - Mango

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

My lips are really finicky but this stuff works great for me! It leaves and keeps my lips really moisturized. It feels soft and buttery. The smell is amazing! Already bought back-ups.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got this lip balm in a pack of three lip butters (mango, coconut, and shea). I think they were 10 dollars. I loove the scent, I just wish it was a teeny bit more moisturizing, though. Sometimes I feel the lip butters are a bit heavy (you know what I mean? A bit greasy, but not soo moisturizing). I like the compact packaging as well. Overall, I think it deserves a 3.5/5. I love the amazing scent, but probably won't repurchase

on 10/20/2012 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lip balms and butters are a very subjective topic because people have different opinions and skin types. I really like the smell of this lip balm and it worked very well for me. i think this is better for the summertime ( which is when i used it) because of the fruity flavor and the light layer it leaves on the lips. It worked very well for me. I used it along with eos lip balms and I applied every 4 hours and after eating. I don't know if I will repurchase because of the price of individuals. But I got mine for 3 for $10.

on 7/8/2012 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wish this would moisturize better than it does, then I would love it. Now I only like it.. mainly because of the scent (mango is my fave fruit). I put a good amount of it on my lips before I go to bed but when I wake up my lips are their usual dry selves again. My best use for this is in the gap between coming out of the shower until I'm finished with my makeup, by then it's gone from my lips and I can apply some other lip product.
It smells really good, I think better on the lips than in the pot. There is a lot of product in it too so I think the prize is reasonable after all. If your lips aren't super dry like mine you might try this, but I'm not going to repurchase.

on 5/11/2012 12:27:00 AM

I love this balm. I have yet to find a Body Shop product that I don't really like, actually, but this one is particularly nice. I recieved this as a gift a few years ago, and although I enjoyed it as a moisturising balm, I wasn't really that enthused with mango scents at the time, and so didn't really use it that much. However, a few months ago I rediscovered it, and was pleasantly surprised to find that, actually, I do love the scent now. There is a faint flavour as well, but I don't think it's particularly strong, and as it's pleasant enough, I don't mind it.
Pros: Super moisturising! I often put this on before I go to bed, and I wake up with soft, smooth lips.
Great smell - if you like mango scents, buy this!
Lasts for ages. I'll say this for the Body Shop, it's generous with the amount you get.
Gives a really nice smooth gloss to the lips, and makes them appear just a tad lighter than their natural colour.
Cons: I guess for some, the fact that it's in a pot could be an issue, but as I keep my nails fairly short (as a pianist), this isn't really an issue for me. If it's only you using it, and you have clean hands, I don't think it's really unsanitary, either.
This product is a little pricey (about NZ$14), although as mine was a gift it doesn't really matter. I still think that for the amount and quality you receive, the price is very reasonable.
Overall: love this, and may very well repurchase. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Mmm this is gorgeous, the smell is just delish. It doesn't really do much on the moisturing side after you apply it but it lasts long and you can smell it hours after so for that I will definately repurchase

on 2/19/2012 11:19:00 AM

Doesn't moisturize, doesn't last long on my lips. I put super thick layer before i go to bed and wake up with oily lips that chaped again in the afternoon. So dissapointed...makes me wonder do they really put shea butter in it?

on 2/10/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Is it bad that I open the jar to sniff it more often than I apply it? This smells different than the other products in TBS mango line. It's more like mango/bubblegum than just mango. Not a bad thing. I'm not a big fan of jar lip products in general because they can be messy/unsanitary. I definitely can't stick this in a pocket and don't like to apply it on the go. This lip butter melts and goes on clear and very glossy. The texture is very slick and some people might find it greasy, but I don't mind it. I like to rub the product left on my finger onto my cuticles. This lip 'butter' is not nearly moisturizing enough for seriously chapped lips and doesn't last very long or create much of a moisture barrier. I might repurchase for the nice smell and glossiness but not unless it was on sale.

on 12/30/2011 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this lip product. It has a very nice smell and moisturizing my lips very well. The only bad thing is it's look. It looks very shiny on your lips and this may be a problem if you are a man.

on 8/4/2011 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because it smells incredibly good, but as for moisturizing my lips, it doesn't hold up so well. The formula is quite greasy and I know being a lip butter it is meant to, but other brands of lip butters I have tried seem to "sink" into my lips rather than sitting on top. I also think it's over-priced for what it's really worth.

Popular Lip Treatments