Rusk deepshine conditioner

2.9

on 12/16/2003 9:49:00 PM

It smells bad, and has a crazy color, but it WORKS for my dry hair. It did leave it soft and silky, and you can even leave it for extra conditioning. Don't ever buy the shampoo because it's terrible.

on 11/19/2003 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I hated this! I tried it thinking that it would make my dry hair soft and shiny. I was so wrong. It left my hair limp and lifeless. I don't think that my hair was an shinier either, just greasy.

on 11/18/2003 4:36:00 PM

I'm a hairstylist and we carry and use every professional line. This conditioner used every other day and rinsed well will repair the worst of damaged and overprocessed hair...particularly overfoiled blondes. I've seen it over and over again. It takes about a month of regular use.
I love this stuff and also the "deepshine lusterizer" for blowdrying daily.

I got the Rusk Deep Shine Shampoo and Conditioner in a set of 2 8 oz. bottles for $5.00 at a local salon, so it was dirt cheap. I love, love, lovvvvvvve the shampoo. It smells so pretty (smells like the air at the ocean in Oregon state!).

I was not thrilled with the conditioner, though. I hated the nasty bright green color. It looked like slime or baby food. The smell of the conditioner was boring. It was too light and didn't really do much for my hair. It worked better as a *LEAVE IN* conditioner, actually, which the bottle said you could do, also.

So, occasionally I use it as a leave-in before drying my hair, but I like (love, actually) the SHAMPOO in the Rusk Deep shine lots more. I have three 8 oz. bottles of the conditioner left (agggggh!) and won't buy the conditioner again.

They work alright as a leave-in or mixed with the Rusk "Str8" straightening lotion, however...

Great easy to use slim packaging, though. The pump bottle (16 oz.) is bulbous and too big, though. Cool bottle in the big size, though. Looks like it's from a Chemistry Set! Cute, but takes up a lot of room.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

One of my favorite conditioners. It is very light which is great for my hair. Some people dislike the scent of the Deep Shine line but I for one love it. I generally wash this out but you *can* use it as a leave in, which is no good for fine hair like mine. Leaves my hair super soft. Don't notice much with the whole shine factor, nothing out of the norms anyways but the softness is great.

on 5/18/2002 11:12:00 AM

I read this bottle and I figured "wow, it sounds like this thing really gives your hair the best shine!" But in all reality it is not dramatically different from any other normal conditioner. Although I know that the sea kelp and other ingredients are very good for your hair, which is why I gave this 3 lippies, but as far as intense shine goes, it is just a mediocre conditioner. I don't think I would repurchase this again.

on 5/17/2002 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This smells pretty awful and left my hair limp.

on 3/9/2002 7:52:00 PM

I have the same feelings about this as I do for the shampoo. Just nothing special about it and I didn't have a nice shine to my hair at all.

on 1/4/2002 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Conditions fine, but I swear this stuff smells like tar! Wouldn't buy again.

on 7/31/2001 11:57:00 AM

great packaging, but there are probably other great conditioners for less than this. nice smell. this is my mum's conditioner, it's too light for my super damaged hair.

Top Rated Rusk Products