November 23, 2014 | 1678 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This will get your makeup off, but it felt too oily to me. I have to wash off the residue after using it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 1:52:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This worked OK only because of all the OIL that must be in this product! While it removed all traces of waterproof mascara, I was left blurry-eyed all evening and into the next morning. TOO GREASY!!! (Note: My bottle was blue, not pink.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Marguerite

About a month ago, I noticed the gentle-looking 4 fl oz/118 ml pink see-though bottles with their white plastic caps. There were only two left on the shelf and they were marked down to half of their original price. Since I only use dual-phase products (the ones you have to shake) for eye makeup removal and the bottles said hypo-allergenic, ophthalmologist tested and 100% fragrance free, I quickly picked both of them up. I was wondering if it was the drugstore or Almay that was changing something. Now I think I know. Almay’s Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover does remove eye makeup well, at least what I wear – occasional eyeshadow, long-lasting eyeliner, and regular and/or waterproof mascara. The disadvantages are: I have to completely fill a cotton pad with it to take my makeup off without tugging at the delicate skin around my eyes and when I dab the saturated cotton pad on my tightly closed lids, some of the remover still manages to slip in and sting my eyes. Eye unfriendly! Then there is the ribbed child resistant press-turn cap. What's up with that? Should I be afraid of the contents? And me who asks the pharmacist for baby-boomer friendly caps on all of my prescriptions! Hand unfriendly! To boot, the bottle opening is so wide that if I accidentally knock it over before I’m done, most of the contents will spill out in an instant. Human unfriendly!
Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Isododecane, Water,
Isoeicosane, Butylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Propylene
Glycol Ceteth-3 Acetate, Sodium Chloride,
Sodium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate,
Trisodium EDTA, Methylparaben,
Diazolidinyl Urea 12889 continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by toxicapathy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh the burn, the BURN! What a nightmare!

I purchased a bottle of this sometime ago, whilst on the hunt for a suitable, less expensive substitute for my favorite Clinique makeup remover.

I gave it a 2 on the quality rating, because it could have been worse; it could have melted my eyeballs. Instead, the very first time I used it, it burned like hell, and my eyelids were red and sore for a day or two afterward.

The reaction could very well be the result of my somewhat sensitive skin, and in all fairness may not be the result for all who try it.

Needless to say, into the trash it went.

If you have even slightly sensitive skin, be warned, and test this product elsewhere before you put it on your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this because the dual phase sounded so cool. In theory, it's great, but in practice, it's not. I really have to scrub to get my waterproof mascara off. And either this stuff burns my eyes or I end up scratching them from the scrubbing, but either way I'm never buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ladyshh

Not something I would recommend. Greasy and burns if gets in the eye. You literally have to work to remove this makeup remover from your skin. Will not repurchase. Don't like the cap which is kind of childproof, for what??

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sopr2

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is a godsend! I wear contact lenses and use waterproof mascara -- this is the only product I've found that removes the waterproof mascara and is safe for contact lenses. I've tried both the Almay pads - non-oily and oily - the non-oily didn't remove the makeup and the oily was a greasy disaster. I'm sticking with this one - plus it's frequently on sale BOGO at my local drugstore. I'm very happy with this product (can you tell??)!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I find this to be far to greasy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ruecke

Bought this on a whim after using waterproof mascara during the summer months, and just loved it. (I can't even remember what I was using before--something with premoistened pads, I believe). Anyway, like the other reviewers, I love that it dissolves everything so completely, and I actually appreciate the oily residue; it makes me feel my eyelids and lashes are getting conditioned. (Like many other reviewers, I only use this at night as well.) Anyway, I have only had it sting a little when I accidentally over-saturated my cotton pad, and it has never made me break out. Sometimes I'm bummed (late at night) that I actually have to saturate my OWN cotton pad (instead of the premoistened ones), but I actually think that makes it more economical. I have, and would continue to repurchase this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2005 11:31:00 AM More reviews by raggydoo

This product works great for me. I can see why some people wouldn't like it though, because it would be very hard to put on make up right after using this. I personally have no complains because I use it at night before taking my shower and washing my face. Plus Almay doesn't test on animals!