October 24, 2014 | 1882 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Carrot Complexion Soap [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2007 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hether2783

This is okay, but I really prefer the Wild Lettuce. I don't think the smell is as bad as some people do, though! I've gotten more blemishes while using this soap than I did with the Wild Lettuce; I really just feel like it doesn't get my skin very clean; it's a little oily or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

I love the way the citrus scrub soap worked, but when i went to my local store to purchse it , they didnt have it. So instead i bought this Carrot soap and so far I love it. !! I wear MAC Studio Fix powder on a daily basis and i had noticed that i was getting little tiny white heads on my nose. They really were annoying and scrubbing didn't do much. So about three days ago, I realized wait a minute, I haven't picked at my nose trying to get these whiteheads out. I haven't had no more whiteheads and the existing ones are gone !! It doesn't really dry out your skin that much, so thats a good thing. It leaves it feeling really clean. Definitely buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 11:39:00 AM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't like the way this smells. It activates my gag reflex. I thought it was a little expensive at $7.95 for a 4 oz. bar, but it should last a long time if it's kept dry between uses. But, I will just be using it up on my hands because it's too drying on my face and body. Ingredients are: Vegetable soap base, carrot powder, carrot seed oil, aloe barbadensis, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, beta-carotene. UPDATE: I actually became accustomed to the smell after a while. It cleanses as well as any bar soap and I did repurchase it once, but I actually prefer the Tomato soap now that I've sampled it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2006 10:19:00 PM More reviews by teenystar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a staple in my bathroom. I can't find one cleanser that makes such a dramatic change in the texture of my face. Immediately after using it, my face is a bit tight (so I took off a lippie), but when I wake up the next morning, my face is completely soft and smooth. Must be all the carrot oil, glycerin, and aloe (?). One bar costs a pricey $7.95, but it lasts for at least 6 months, used am and pm. If only all the negative reviewers would send me their unused soap, lol!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 10:57:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

I wanted to try the Carrot Soap after reading some good reviews on another site to expand my knowledge of the Burt's Bees line. I've tried the Tomato (liked it) and the Lettuce (love it too) and figured it would be worth my time to check out this formulation even though it wasn't for my skin type (oily/acne-prone) because sometimes you find great things that way! Well, not so much in this case. The smell really is the kicker for me on this one. It's carrot and cinammon (which normally might be pretty good together in a cake) but I just couldn't abide it long enough to use this soap. So, while it may very well be a great product for mature skin, the scent alone was enough to turn me off of it. To each her own though, since I love Burt's stuff most of the time. Go figure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 12:50:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Garden Carrot Complexion Soap is a little too drying for me to use in the winter, but it works pretty well in the summer. On the plus side, the bar does last a really long time and seems to keep my temperamental skin calm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2004 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ZoSo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh I LOVE this cleanser! After using it for just a week my complexion was so even and no breakouts! I have combo skin. Great lather w/o stripping and cleanses great. Just perfect and the price is amazing. At $8 it's a steal. I had the travel size and it lasted for months. I can not say enough about this product. It's amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 1:55:00 PM More reviews by TrishaLynn

I like everything about this soap, the smell, texture, and the way it leaves my skin clean & soft. Cute box too. I think it is best for drier skin, so I get better results from the Tomatoe soap, which is one of my HG's. EDIT: I think this is definitely for more mature, drier skin types, as I blame it for breaking me out. Oilier types stick with Garden Tomato if you want to try Burt's Bees soaps for your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2003 1:57:00 AM More reviews by spoonleg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

leaves you squeaky clean but not too dry. I have dry skin and it gets easily irritated. have noticed a difference in skin tone. did not break me out- i am very acne prone. good, non abrasive cleanser. gets makeup off very well. stings the eyes- DO NOT get this in your eyes, you will literally be temporarily blinded. smelly, too. but great, like all burts products. will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2003 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it. Nothing great, but it gets your face clean without making it too dry or leaving heinous residue. UPDATE: Not into this anymore. After a while, it will dry your face out.