New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/31/2014 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

absolutely in love with this! I'm so used to gel eyeliners (when I decide to wear it) that I almost forgot how to use a liquid eyeliner. I love the super large wand and the brush tip, it works best for me and I love, love, love this! another liquid liner I recommend as much as this is the Wet N Wild megaliner! seriously, this stuff is bomb.

on 12/20/2014 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've said this once and I'll say it again; although I believe in "you get what you pay for" I've learned their are a ton of drugstore products that do just as good a job as HE, if not better. And this is one of them!
It's very very black. It's harder than you think to find a nice smooth pigmented black liner these days. It's doesnt smudge, fade, crease, or flake which is a godsend for my oily lids. The only slight problem with this is it's not the most user friendly liner, at least for beginners. but this is the type of brush I originally learned winged liner with so I have absolutely zero complaints with this personally. Plus it's like $3 or $4 so how could this not be worth the shot?

on 12/20/2014 5:19:00 AM

I swear by this product. It's SUPER black, SUPER matte. It doesn't crack, fade, run or smudge. The brush is soooo manageable for winged eyeliner, I absolutely love it.

I've tried a lot of eyeliners, but this is my absolute favorite. The only downside of this product is that if you mess up on your eyeliner, its SO pigmented, so it makes kind of a mess. A very small price to pay (literally) for such a cheap, reliable product.

on 12/14/2014 9:16:00 PM

This liner is AMAZING. I have tried so many different liquid liners and have never been 100% satisfied. The brush is perfect for doing winged liner, a little of the product goes a long way, and the price is just crazy! It is so cheap! I don't know how anyone could go after a over-priced liner after trying this.

on 12/14/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This little jewel is a real winner. It's long-lasting, pigmented, and super matte. I love that it doesn't transfer to my crease, which is a pet peeve of mine as I have oily lids and most liners do transfer on me, even with a primer. Not NYC, though! I have a back up on deck ready! Can't be without it!

on 12/7/2014 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a good liquid liner for the price. I would probably give it a full 5 stars if the brush was easier to work with. I'll admit that I don't have tons of experience with liquid liner, so maybe I'll like this more as I use it more, but the brush picks up way too much product and I have to wipe it against the top quite a few times. I have to use the brush VERY slowly otherwise it's so easy to make a mistake with this brush. I do like the formula of this product a lot because it's pigmented and dries matte. There hasn't been any flaking or smudging through the day for me and I can occasionally get oily eyelids. It's not waterproof, so it's super easy to wash off at the end of the day. It's less than $3, so I think it's definitely worth a shot if you haven't tried it before.

on 11/13/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am very surprised by this $3 product as I have been disappointed by my drugstore purchases over the past few years. I really am loving this. It has only been a week since Ive been using it but I will update this review if there are changes. I've used all kinds of eyeliners almost daily (gel, pencil, liquid, high and low end) for over 15 years so I would say I am pretty knowledgeable in this area. Many black eyeliners are not a true black on me due to my tanned skintone. I am an NC 40-42..this is definitely the darkest I have used. I haven't experienced noticeable flaking, transferring, or fading. I don't have oily eyelids so keep that in mind. My eyelids are hooded and dry and I usually have issues with eyeliner disappearing at the outer corner or slight transfer.

I would say one of the cons of this product is that it may be difficult to use if you don't have a steady hand. When I first got into makeup, I stayed away from brush type applicators like this bc my hands were so shakey. Felt tip applicators (ie. Physicians Formula booster pen) are so much easier for me but if you are experienced with eyeliners, this shouldn't be hard to use.

FYI, I have used MAC blacktrack, BB Ink, WetnWild, L'oreal creme liner, UD Perversion and Zero, all the various Prestige ones, L'oreal Lineur Intense, Etc.

This isn't the best liquid eyeliner out there, but you get what you pay for. I needed more liquid eyeliner, and for $3, I thought "why not?". I'm not too fond of the brush and the long handle, and the liner itself is pretty liquid-y. It takes a little bit to dry and runs when it comes into contact with water. I recommend Wet n' Wild's liquid eyeliners over this, as it's cheaper, has a better formula, and the brand is cruelty free.

on 11/12/2014 10:44:00 AM

Decided to try this to break out of my mundane routine.

My all-time favorite liquid eyeliner is from wet n wild. I have been faithfully using it for the past few years but decided to venture off and see what else is out there (within the same price point).

Overall, I really like this NYC eyeliner. Great quality/color, long lasting and affordable. I just wish the brush handle was shorter so I can control the application better. I'll keep this eyeliner around and use it with a different eyeliner brush, if needed.

Looks like I'll be going back to my old routine... at least I tried!

on 11/2/2014 5:45:00 AM

gotta give this stuff 5 stars! i was walking thru target and saw a girl with beautiful eyeliner i asked her what she used she told me this stuff!!! 3 dollars? no way! love it