New York Color Liquid Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/10/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this eyeliner for quite a while now and I LOVE it. I have very oily eyelids so whenever I would buy an eyeliner it always smudged and I would end up with eyeliner on top of my eye shadow. However when I first tried this eyeliner I wasn't trying to get happy because I thought it would do the same as other eyeliners but shockingly it didn't!! I wear it all day long it's matte and super pigmented. I'm surprised at how cheap it is and works. It's also good for doing eyeliner on other people! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it's not waterproof, otherwise no other complains! And also I don find that it is sometimes hard to work with the thin brush but I just love the product so much I don't mind spending a few extra min to achieve my look

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's pigmented, cheap and the brush is easy to work with. Best of all, it dries matte. I love it!

on 2/22/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner! It's matte which I love and stays on all day. I love the packaging except for the brush. I like thin liner so the brush is a bit too big but very workable!

on 2/19/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this when i first started using liquid eyeliner and I found it was hard to apply so I bought a differnt brand and then recently tried this one out again now that I've had more practice and I still find it gets all over and it's difficult to apply

on 2/13/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love the that this is a very affordable liquid liner that dries MATTE! I haven't found any other liquid liner from the drugstore that is matte. I just wish it was waterproof because my eyes tend to water throughout the day. The pigmentation is awesome! So until they make a waterproof version, I only use this for my wing to flick it out and make it dramatic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I never bother with eyeliner because it never comes out right. Either it's uneven or I go overboard la Amy Winehouse. I've heard so many great things about this eyeliner that I wanted to give it a shot. I searched endlessly at drugstores and it was always out of stock until I finally found it at Walmart. Less than $3! Amazon sells it for $7^. Anyways I tried it today and it is the FIRST time my eyeliner has ever looked perfect! It glided like butter on my eyelid. The brush tip might need some getting used to, but overall this is excellent! I've worn it for about 10 hours and it's still in tact.

on 2/10/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I liked how matte black and pigmented this liner is, it unfortunately did not work for me. It was very difficult to apply this with the brush tip, I kept having to redo my liner over and over, and I've never had that problem with any other liner. Plus I had an itching and burning sensation on my lid, so had to wash it off due to an allergic reaction.

on 1/20/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

this is an amazing liner. honestly i believe if this was repackaged for a different brand it could pass off as high end. it dries totally matte which is what i like, and its super black. i used loreal lineur intense carbon black liquid eye liner before this and would get frustrated that only my flick would chip off occasionally. this stays really well put (unless you're really rubbing your eyes). took one lippie off only because of the wand. it is quite long and a brush tip. i am used to doing eyeliner and with this brush now, but i do think for those who want to improve their eyeliner skill this may be difficult for them

on 1/18/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My everyday eyeliner

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner because I saw it being used all over youtube by top makeup gurus. I have hooded oily monolids, so I was skeptical that this would work for me. Most of the time I only buy waterproof liquid eyeliners, but I bought this to see what all the hype was about. I was pleasantly surprised to find how black, matte, and easy this eyeliner was to put on. It actually lasts fairly well throughout the day, but it doesn't hold up to sweat/water/moisture, and definitely starts running and smudging. I did do a test where I let it dry on the back of my hand and then ran my hand under water. The liner doesn't instantly run for the first few seconds but then starts to break down and if you touch it at all it will start running. I do agree with other reviewers that this is very opaque and dries very matte, and it is easy to get a fairly thin line and a flick for a wing. However, I cannot use it because it is not waterproof and does not hold up on my eyes.

I have found another gem at the drugstore that outperforms this eyeliner in many ways. It's darker, richer, just as matte, longer lasting, and, most importantly, WATERPROOF! It's essence's waterproof liquid eyeliner (see my review here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=156389/Liquid-Waterproof-Eyeliner/Essence/Eyeliner). Check out the essence eyeliner if you want an alternative to this one.