October 2, 2014 | 1093 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually bought this for my boyfriend. He had skinproblems ever since he was a little boy. His skin was extremely dry, cracked, red and whatnot. He tried everything: olive oil, vaseline, normal daycream... nothing really worked.

I heard great things about this so I purchased it on ebay for him - where it is MUCH, MUCH cheaper! - and it has done miracles! After just 1 use he noticed that his skin felt moisturized, a lot less red, and actually felt and looked like a normal skin! He actually does like the smell, which is kind of citronella-ish (ya know, that stuff which keeps mosquitos away - maybe a plus as well?) but I know some people really don't like it. However, I heard people get used to it and after some time start to like it, so don't let that hold you back! It does have perfume in it but even though my boyfriend has really, really sensitive skin (he even felt like olive oil stings him) he absolutely had no issues with this whatsoever.

Would I recommend? Heck yes!! If you have an extremely dry skin and nothing helps - try this! You won't regret it. If you'd like to get it cheaper, just check ebay. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Sjg3005

This is a must for the hand bag love this product I use over my blush which gives me a glow.. I would go nowhere without my 8 hour

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by a2bruta

So I bought a tube of this from duty free years ago on a whim because I heard it was a beauty secret of models etc... I tried it and HATED it!!!! So thick and smelly so I put it in a drawer and left it there. But I've been having really dry skin lately from some peels and the receptionist at my doctor's office said if i get dry patches to put a little 8hr cream on it. When my face got scaley I pulled it out of my drawer and applied some. At first it was a little greasy but after 15 min or so it sunk into the skin and the dryness was gone! Soft as a baby's bottom and I could apply make up over top of it no problem. If you don't have dry skin you don't need it and I would be weary about putting it all over your face as some people have recommended as i think it would clog pores. But as an amazing emergency treatment that I definitely can't live without now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just received this.... so far I like it but I cant get over that smell. This product smells like oregano mixed with sweet basil. I don't like the smell nor do I hate it, its just ugh.

This feels really good on my lips and I look forward to seeing the benefits else where on my face and body!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

I'm kinda embarrassed to like this so much. I know it's basically a mixture of Vaseline and lanolin and yet... Nothing works better on my chronically chapped lips. Yes I've tried Vaseline and it just doesn't work the same. For me this seems to absorb better. When my lips are painfully cracked I slather this on overnight and am pain free by morning. I also use on cuticles and my rough elbows with good results. This would be far too heavy and greasy for my face. I much prefer the I scented version.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have eczema on my finger tips and in my ears. I have been able to get the hand eczema under control but the eczema of my ears I've had the hardest time with. If your unfamiliar with eczema of the ears it's like chapped lips, but in your ears. I also get ear infections all of the time because I get huge cracks in the skin of my ears. It's painful and I look like I could lead Santa's sleigh with my ears. Needless to say I was at my final straw of frustration when I came across the Elizabeth Arden counter. I asked for the fragrance free option and handed over my $20. I knew this was different right away. My ears, two weeks into use, have started to heal. I'm so happy with this product. My ski use to flake off and bleed. This makes that a thing of the past. I know winter is hard on my ears but this will help me get to spring! Yay! Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

** Rosacea sufferers please read ** No - this isn't the same as Vaseline. Vaseline brings me out in bumps and it is not half as healing and probably twice as greasy. And it smells gross. If you prefer Vaseline then by all means stick to it but I for one won't be using Vaseline on my face. Eight Hour Cream has a balm/gel texture - slightly greasy but nurturing and so long as you don't use too much, unlike Vaseline, your skin will absorb it, although I prefer to use it on a night. It smells lovely and it provides comfort whenever your skin is chapped, red, peeling or just sore. I know which one I prefer. UPDATE: I just used this on very sore, lumpy(!) facial areas where I can't currently use any other face cream - not even Cerave, Oilatum or Eucerin - without my face stinging. No reaction to this at all. Used overnight, the inflammation has gone down and my skin now has a more even appearance and I've been able to apply my usual day cream (Eucerin Aquaporin). Complete lifesaver! NEW UPDATE: I've got mild to moderate p&p rosacea and this has been a lifesaver for me - as well as applying on a night, I also apply very sparingly just on affected areas after moisturising - I dot a little concealer over it, dab on carefully then add mineral powder sparingly and look almost unblemished. I also highly rate SBC Propolis gel which I use the same way, but the 8 hour cream is more portable if slightly thicker.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 tubes of this on sale..
I was so excited because of the rave reviews.
So dissappointed when i started using it.

Really? this is OVERPRICED VASELINE!

Yes it softens cracked lips..makes them smooth and shiny..NEWSFLASH: VASELINE does the same damn thing.

It keeps your lips/cuticles/whatever soft but when you stop...there cracked and sore all over again....just like when you use VASELINE!

No! i do NOT RECOMMEND!

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Hm.

A small fortune for a tiny tub of vasoline mixed with baby oil dyed orange and given a scent inspired by a dogs ear wax?

I regret this purchase, and I bought the tub and not the tube so I can't even swap it off.
Moral of the story? Test drive before you leave the lot.

The story behind it has something to do with horses? I don't think it's even fit for a horses--ugh, never mind.

How does this have such a big following? You do realize this stuff is probably highly flammable, right?

Oh, by the way, oily, painful acne, "moisturization" is gone the moment it settles and dries (if you're lucky enough for it to dry.).
Doesn't absorb either, just curls up around all of your impurities and announces them to the world with a loudspeaker.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by dirtygraze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone raves about the original Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream so I took advantage of an offer and bought a limited edition 30ml pot for only £13 (genuine product!) to try for the first time. I quite like the smell, but it does remind me of 'the elderly' somehow. Not that that's a bad thing, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Anyway, I've been using it on my hands once a day for a week now and can definitely notice a difference. I bike every day and my skin gets a bit dry and tough but they seem a lot softer and generally in better condition. I find the 'cream' (it's a lot more like Vaseline if I'm honest) a bit too gooey or sticky than what I usually go for. Like most reviews, you can buy a much cheaper product with exactly the same effects.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No