August 20, 2014 | 1976 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just received this.... so far I like it but I cant get over that smell. This product smells like oregano mixed with sweet basil. I don't like the smell nor do I hate it, its just ugh.

This feels really good on my lips and I look forward to seeing the benefits else where on my face and body!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

I'm kinda embarrassed to like this so much. I know it's basically a mixture of Vaseline and lanolin and yet... Nothing works better on my chronically chapped lips. Yes I've tried Vaseline and it just doesn't work the same. For me this seems to absorb better. When my lips are painfully cracked I slather this on overnight and am pain free by morning. I also use on cuticles and my rough elbows with good results. This would be far too heavy and greasy for my face. I much prefer the I scented version.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have eczema on my finger tips and in my ears. I have been able to get the hand eczema under control but the eczema of my ears I've had the hardest time with. If your unfamiliar with eczema of the ears it's like chapped lips, but in your ears. I also get ear infections all of the time because I get huge cracks in the skin of my ears. It's painful and I look like I could lead Santa's sleigh with my ears. Needless to say I was at my final straw of frustration when I came across the Elizabeth Arden counter. I asked for the fragrance free option and handed over my $20. I knew this was different right away. My ears, two weeks into use, have started to heal. I'm so happy with this product. My ski use to flake off and bleed. This makes that a thing of the past. I know winter is hard on my ears but this will help me get to spring! Yay! Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

** Rosacea sufferers please read ** No - this isn't the same as Vaseline. Vaseline brings me out in bumps and it is not half as healing and probably twice as greasy. And it smells gross. If you prefer Vaseline then by all means stick to it but I for one won't be using Vaseline on my face. Eight Hour Cream has a balm/gel texture - slightly greasy but nurturing and so long as you don't use too much, unlike Vaseline, your skin will absorb it, although I prefer to use it on a night. It smells lovely and it provides comfort whenever your skin is chapped, red, peeling or just sore. I know which one I prefer. UPDATE: I just used this on very sore, lumpy(!) facial areas where I can't currently use any other face cream - not even Cerave, Oilatum or Eucerin - without my face stinging. No reaction to this at all. Used overnight, the inflammation has gone down and my skin now has a more even appearance and I've been able to apply my usual day cream (Eucerin Aquaporin). Complete lifesaver! NEW UPDATE: I've got mild to moderate p&p rosacea and this has been a lifesaver for me - as well as applying on a night, I also apply very sparingly just on affected areas after moisturising - I dot a little concealer over it, dab on carefully then add mineral powder sparingly and look almost unblemished. I also highly rate SBC Propolis gel which I use the same way, but the 8 hour cream is more portable if slightly thicker.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought 2 tubes of this on sale..
I was so excited because of the rave reviews.
So dissappointed when i started using it.

Really? this is OVERPRICED VASELINE!

Yes it softens cracked lips..makes them smooth and shiny..NEWSFLASH: VASELINE does the same damn thing.

It keeps your lips/cuticles/whatever soft but when you stop...there cracked and sore all over again....just like when you use VASELINE!

No! i do NOT RECOMMEND!

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Hm.

A small fortune for a tiny tub of vasoline mixed with baby oil dyed orange and given a scent inspired by a dogs ear wax?

I regret this purchase, and I bought the tub and not the tube so I can't even swap it off.
Moral of the story? Test drive before you leave the lot.

The story behind it has something to do with horses? I don't think it's even fit for a horses--ugh, never mind.

How does this have such a big following? You do realize this stuff is probably highly flammable, right?

Oh, by the way, oily, painful acne, "moisturization" is gone the moment it settles and dries (if you're lucky enough for it to dry.).
Doesn't absorb either, just curls up around all of your impurities and announces them to the world with a loudspeaker.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by dirtygraze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone raves about the original Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream so I took advantage of an offer and bought a limited edition 30ml pot for only £13 (genuine product!) to try for the first time. I quite like the smell, but it does remind me of 'the elderly' somehow. Not that that's a bad thing, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Anyway, I've been using it on my hands once a day for a week now and can definitely notice a difference. I bike every day and my skin gets a bit dry and tough but they seem a lot softer and generally in better condition. I find the 'cream' (it's a lot more like Vaseline if I'm honest) a bit too gooey or sticky than what I usually go for. Like most reviews, you can buy a much cheaper product with exactly the same effects.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lakshmispirit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Good stuff! I use it at night on my lips and dry patches of skin. It's a lifesaver in winter when my lips are very dry and cracked. I even use it on my lips before applying gloss or lipstick. Great for dry cuticles too. The only thing I despise is the smell. It's very pungent indeed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by 236lex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good for eyebrows and scars/burns. Tried to use this as lip balm but the taste is terrible. Very expensive for what u get. I prefer Lucas pawpaw ointment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by galsunday

I agree with the reviewer below it smells nice but thats abt it! I used this heavy duty gel not cream (IMO!) on my elbows, knees but its too sticky and transfers onto everything i touch my couch, table, chair... I dun like it. I tried it on my face but it breaks out my skin real bad and i dun find this product helpful. There are other cheaper drugstore lotions/creams (which are far more lightweight and comfortable) for dry skin that work better than this. I got this at duty free but still find this pricey. The packaging gets dirty after awhile cos its soo sticky -gooey. I dont see the hype. It didnt work out for me so i gave it away.