Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

3.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3) , Homosalate (8) , Octisalate (5) , Octocrylene (4) , Oxybenzone (4)Inactive Ingredients: Water , Silica , Dimethicone , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax , Benzyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG 100 Stearate , Cetyl Dimethicone , Caprylyl Methicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Ethylhexylglycerin , Dimethicone/PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer , Sodium Polyacrylate , Behenyl Alcohol , Xanthan Gum , Ethylhexyl Stearate , Acrylates/C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer , Chlophenesin , Fragrance , Dethylhexyl 2 , 6 Naphthalate , BHT , Trideceth 6 , Propylene Glycol

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Right now this is my favorite daily sunblock and I'll keep buying it until I find a better sunblock for the price.

Use Notes: I apply after cleansing in the morning with a heavier hand than I would my moisturizer on face and neck. I wait a few minutes to let it "set" then apply moisturizer, then foundation, etc.

Pros:

* On the less expensive end of the price range I'm willing to pay for this type of product. I just found it for $4.59 plus shipping on Amazon and I think it's in the $7 range at Target, etc.
* Light weight finish. No unreasonable residual oiliness. Slightly tacky finish, but less than you would expect from most sunblocks. Finish is normal after applying the moisturizer and foundation.
* No breakouts, white heads, etc. I have pretty normal skin.
* Not drying on my skin.
* No redness other than normal. I have warm-toned skin with surface redness.

Cons:

* If I'm being really nit-picky, I would say I did experience a slight white cast. I use Urban Decay Naked liquid makeup in 4.0 applied with the RT Expert Face Brush and that covers it. If I weren't wearing makeup I would still use the sunblock and the white cast would not be obvious enough to bother me.

I can't see myself switching to another sunblock unless something changes with this product or I started lemming another hyped-up sunblock.

Foot note: I have tried beauty balms and foundations with spf but I don't feel that I apply them heavily enough to get any real sunblock coverage out of them. I do use Urban Decay Naked Beauty Balm when I'm in a hurry and skip the sunblock and moisturizer. I have not used sunblock most of my life but I hit 43 this year and have noticed age spots so I'm using sunblock to help prevent more spots.

I used until I had a number of pimples that I normally never have. It was so bad that this was the only thing it could be. My neck had huge painful pimples, that I urge you if you break out even rarely, to stay clear of this! Sometimes I get one a month, but have quite a few now after using this. This was the only new addition to my skincare routine. I had been using Paulaschoice but she discontinued her 30 spf, I need to search again. I will use it on my hands, but will never buy again. Besides, I heard this company tests on animals.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This ss turned my face bright red and stung. Chemical ss don't agree with my skin. My mom on the other hand uses this and loves it. So it all depends on your skin sensitivities.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Application was smooth and the finish matte after application with NO white cast. Makeup goes on smoothly over it as well (liquid or powder foundation works fine).

However, with my oily, acne, sensitive skin, I was oily after an hour and my skin breaks out when using this. Shame because the finish it really nice.

I have resorted to using this product as a body moisturiser in the morning. I protect my arms and hands as they are usually exposed to the elements.

It's also more for daily use. It is of average water resistance and cannot be used during sport or water activities. Easily washed off with soap and water.

Packaging is slim and smooth. Smoothness funnily enough mirrors the smooth finish of the product.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

i really like this stuff. it goes on dry and just seems to disappear. the only time it doesn't dry is when it's over 30 degrees outside and hot as hell (i live in Toronto so there are only a handful of these types of days) but i just use it anyway. it doesn't break me out. i personally love the smell of sunscreen. i only need a little and it covers my whole face and neck. i love the satiny feel to the bottle and the shape of the bottle and that it can stand on its lid. it's a bit liquidy but it's useful to apply only a small amount over a large area. it's not moisturizing at all though, but i didn't expect it to be - it's not a moisturizer, it's a sunscreen - a matte finish one at that. i just started using benzoyl peroxide for acne which is drying out my face, so i'll have to start using a moisturizer too... i think i'll try neutrogena oil free moisture with spf 35

i must mention that i did notice that since i started using the benzoyl peroxide, this sunscreen started stinging my face in the areas i applied the BP (cheeks and chin) but it's bearable and it goes away after about an hour so i just deal with it!

oh and it doesn't stay matte all day

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great sunscreen to wear under makeup. Doesn't leave a white cast, sinks into skin quick and dries to a matte finish. I wish this sunscreen worked for me but it made me breakout!! Right after applying this product into my face, two cystic bumps popped up. Would not repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good sunscreen! I have really sunburn-prone skin and this saved me! When i put it on my face it didn't make it look or feel more oily than my face already was! I didn't notice any breakouts the next day which was good. This sunscreen will be my go-to sunscreen for the summer! :)

Pros: The price, easy to find, good protection, fairly good texture.
Cons: Could soak into the skin more nicely, have more elegant packaging, have more natural ingredients. Also, I'm still on the hunt for a sunscreen that will keep my face as light as my body. This is not it!

Overall a cheap, effective sunscreen that I would repurchase. I believe this has a decent rating on sunscreen simulator too, as far as its UVA protection..

Tip: Buy the SPF 30 (which is like a lotion) and not the 45 if you like a light sunscreen for day to day use under makeup. I bought the 45, and it's so thick. I like products that apply easily without rubbing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You can buy them cheap at BJ and they are great sunscreen that's not greasy.
They are as good as Peter Thomas Roth Sunscreen that I used to use, except lot cheaper

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very pleased with this sunscreen! It does everything it claims to do: ultra-light and ultra fast-absorbing, feeling clean, non-shiny finish. I just love it when a product actually delivers those promises! The scent is a very very faint pleasant scent. I have combination/acne skin with certain spots of very oily skin. I feel that the sunscreen actually helps with the oil control on my face. It has never caused me new acne breakout. It also does a good job of not irritating my skin when my skin became sensitive due to acne medication. Since this is fast-absorbing and feels clean/dry after absorbing, it also makes makeup application easy.