July 22, 2014 | 2356 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great sunscreen to wear under makeup. Doesn't leave a white cast, sinks into skin quick and dries to a matte finish. I wish this sunscreen worked for me but it made me breakout!! Right after applying this product into my face, two cystic bumps popped up. Would not repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by katiemac0324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good sunscreen! I have really sunburn-prone skin and this saved me! When i put it on my face it didn't make it look or feel more oily than my face already was! I didn't notice any breakouts the next day which was good. This sunscreen will be my go-to sunscreen for the summer! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a good, effective sunscreen with a nice finish. It's ideal for oily or combination skin. I'm very fair skinned and I wore this on a trip to Egypt, where I had much more sun exposure than I normally do. I not only didn't burn, I didn't even tan. I've been using it for years and never had any problems with it.

My only complaint about it, is that you really have to rub it in, or it can leave a whitish cast. Also you should wash off the palms of your hands after you are done applying it, otherwise you can accidentally get it on your clothes and it will leave white marks. Other than this, it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Pros: The price, easy to find, good protection, fairly good texture.
Cons: Could soak into the skin more nicely, have more elegant packaging, have more natural ingredients. Also, I'm still on the hunt for a sunscreen that will keep my face as light as my body. This is not it!

Overall a cheap, effective sunscreen that I would repurchase. I believe this has a decent rating on sunscreen simulator too, as far as its UVA protection..

Tip: Buy the SPF 30 (which is like a lotion) and not the 45 if you like a light sunscreen for day to day use under makeup. I bought the 45, and it's so thick. I like products that apply easily without rubbing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by zeaxkr

You can buy them cheap at BJ and they are great sunscreen that's not greasy.
They are as good as Peter Thomas Roth Sunscreen that I used to use, except lot cheaper

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Very pleased with this sunscreen! It does everything it claims to do: ultra-light and ultra fast-absorbing, feeling clean, non-shiny finish. I just love it when a product actually delivers those promises! The scent is a very very faint pleasant scent. I have combination/acne skin with certain spots of very oily skin. I feel that the sunscreen actually helps with the oil control on my face. It has never caused me new acne breakout. It also does a good job of not irritating my skin when my skin became sensitive due to acne medication. Since this is fast-absorbing and feels clean/dry after absorbing, it also makes makeup application easy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first entry into "real" sunscreen (as in high PPD). Mine is not exactly the same as the formula listed about. Mine is the US one with 3% Avobenzone, 8% Homosalate, 5% octisalate, 4% octrocrylene, and 4% oxybenzone. It also doesn't say broad spectrum on the front of the package.

PROS: It really does look ultra sheer (can't tell it's on) and feels quite matte and dry. Also comes in a 3oz bottle.

CONS: This requires way too much work/time to absorb and dry! It starts off super shiny and greasy feeling and I have to vigorously rub it in or spend a really long time patting it in. It doesn't absorb on it's own, it just sits on my skin and never dries. My skin isn't really that sensitive but it looks best when I avoid touching it in general, so I don't want to be roughing it up every day.

OTHER: Dimethicone is the 3rd ingredient and beeswax is not far behind it and I can feel them. Feels coated and unnatural. Don't really mind but something to note. Definitely needs to be thoroughly washed off.

OVERALL: This is a really good product when it fully asborbs and dries down, but for me, it just sits on top of my skin unless I really work at it. Stuff usually has a tendency to do that on my skin after I wash and moisturize it, but this one is more than usual. I would have given it another star or 2 if that wasn't the case. I can still use it on my body though - it dries down almost immediately there. If I were to just get up and do nothing to my face, it would act the same there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by ccempron09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In short.......
-no scent
-not greasy, truly "sheer dry-touch"
-great under makeup, doesn't alter texture of foundation
-great day time moisturizer
-doesn't irritate eyes or skin

I started wearing sunscreen everyday 4 years ago. doing so has improved my skin's texture stay smooth and helped faded dark acne scaring (since UV rays darken them). my hope is that in the long run, wearing sunscreen every day will prevent wrinkles and slow down the aging of my skin. which i feel it has, people still mistake me for a high school student even though i'm in college. i can;t see anyone would do without wearing sunscreen everyday, especially since neutrogena has made one that so low maintenance. this is my HG day time moisturizer and will repurchase for the rest of my life!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by iamawesome

I dont know what I was thinking!! I don't know what the hype is all about, it made my face oily and it feels bad. The smell just stinks so bad but it goes away after a while. This sunscreen in my opinion is just a average, nothing special and I definitely will not buy it again :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupobsessed98

Overall great sunscreen!! This product is wonderful. It does feel slightly greasy at first but goes away after a minute while it soaks in. It doesn't cause any shine and you can hardly feel like you're wearing anything. It is a little on the expensive side for a drugstore brand considering you only get 88ml but a little does go a long way. It does smell kind of like sunscreen but is undetectable once on the face. It is a bit of a draw back that it isn't waterproof though. However for every day use, a mosturizer with SPF would do the same thing and eliminate a step. But still, it is a great product for every day use.