December 22, 2014 | 1363 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

Application was smooth and the finish matte after application with NO white cast. Makeup goes on smoothly over it as well (liquid or powder foundation works fine).

However, with my oily, acne, sensitive skin, I was oily after an hour and my skin breaks out when using this. Shame because the finish it really nice.

I have resorted to using this product as a body moisturiser in the morning. I protect my arms and hands as they are usually exposed to the elements.

It's also more for daily use. It is of average water resistance and cannot be used during sport or water activities. Easily washed off with soap and water.

Packaging is slim and smooth. Smoothness funnily enough mirrors the smooth finish of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i really like this stuff. it goes on dry and just seems to disappear. the only time it doesn't dry is when it's over 30 degrees outside and hot as hell (i live in Toronto so there are only a handful of these types of days) but i just use it anyway. it doesn't break me out. i personally love the smell of sunscreen. i only need a little and it covers my whole face and neck. i love the satiny feel to the bottle and the shape of the bottle and that it can stand on its lid. it's a bit liquidy but it's useful to apply only a small amount over a large area. it's not moisturizing at all though, but i didn't expect it to be - it's not a moisturizer, it's a sunscreen - a matte finish one at that. i just started using benzoyl peroxide for acne which is drying out my face, so i'll have to start using a moisturizer too... i think i'll try neutrogena oil free moisture with spf 35

i must mention that i did notice that since i started using the benzoyl peroxide, this sunscreen started stinging my face in the areas i applied the BP (cheeks and chin) but it's bearable and it goes away after about an hour so i just deal with it!

oh and it doesn't stay matte all day

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great sunscreen to wear under makeup. Doesn't leave a white cast, sinks into skin quick and dries to a matte finish. I wish this sunscreen worked for me but it made me breakout!! Right after applying this product into my face, two cystic bumps popped up. Would not repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by katiemac0324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good sunscreen! I have really sunburn-prone skin and this saved me! When i put it on my face it didn't make it look or feel more oily than my face already was! I didn't notice any breakouts the next day which was good. This sunscreen will be my go-to sunscreen for the summer! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Pros: The price, easy to find, good protection, fairly good texture.
Cons: Could soak into the skin more nicely, have more elegant packaging, have more natural ingredients. Also, I'm still on the hunt for a sunscreen that will keep my face as light as my body. This is not it!

Overall a cheap, effective sunscreen that I would repurchase. I believe this has a decent rating on sunscreen simulator too, as far as its UVA protection..

Tip: Buy the SPF 30 (which is like a lotion) and not the 45 if you like a light sunscreen for day to day use under makeup. I bought the 45, and it's so thick. I like products that apply easily without rubbing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by zeaxkr

You can buy them cheap at BJ and they are great sunscreen that's not greasy.
They are as good as Peter Thomas Roth Sunscreen that I used to use, except lot cheaper

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Very pleased with this sunscreen! It does everything it claims to do: ultra-light and ultra fast-absorbing, feeling clean, non-shiny finish. I just love it when a product actually delivers those promises! The scent is a very very faint pleasant scent. I have combination/acne skin with certain spots of very oily skin. I feel that the sunscreen actually helps with the oil control on my face. It has never caused me new acne breakout. It also does a good job of not irritating my skin when my skin became sensitive due to acne medication. Since this is fast-absorbing and feels clean/dry after absorbing, it also makes makeup application easy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first entry into "real" sunscreen (as in high PPD). Mine is not exactly the same as the formula listed about. Mine is the US one with 3% Avobenzone, 8% Homosalate, 5% octisalate, 4% octrocrylene, and 4% oxybenzone. It also doesn't say broad spectrum on the front of the package.

PROS: It really does look ultra sheer (can't tell it's on) and feels quite matte and dry. Also comes in a 3oz bottle.

CONS: This requires way too much work/time to absorb and dry! It starts off super shiny and greasy feeling and I have to vigorously rub it in or spend a really long time patting it in. It doesn't absorb on it's own, it just sits on my skin and never dries. My skin isn't really that sensitive but it looks best when I avoid touching it in general, so I don't want to be roughing it up every day.

OTHER: Dimethicone is the 3rd ingredient and beeswax is not far behind it and I can feel them. Feels coated and unnatural. Don't really mind but something to note. Definitely needs to be thoroughly washed off.

OVERALL: This is a really good product when it fully asborbs and dries down, but for me, it just sits on top of my skin unless I really work at it. Stuff usually has a tendency to do that on my skin after I wash and moisturize it, but this one is more than usual. I would have given it another star or 2 if that wasn't the case. I can still use it on my body though - it dries down almost immediately there. If I were to just get up and do nothing to my face, it would act the same there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by ccempron09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In short.......
-no scent
-not greasy, truly "sheer dry-touch"
-great under makeup, doesn't alter texture of foundation
-great day time moisturizer
-doesn't irritate eyes or skin

I started wearing sunscreen everyday 4 years ago. doing so has improved my skin's texture stay smooth and helped faded dark acne scaring (since UV rays darken them). my hope is that in the long run, wearing sunscreen every day will prevent wrinkles and slow down the aging of my skin. which i feel it has, people still mistake me for a high school student even though i'm in college. i can;t see anyone would do without wearing sunscreen everyday, especially since neutrogena has made one that so low maintenance. this is my HG day time moisturizer and will repurchase for the rest of my life!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by iamawesome

I dont know what I was thinking!! I don't know what the hype is all about, it made my face oily and it feels bad. The smell just stinks so bad but it goes away after a while. This sunscreen in my opinion is just a average, nothing special and I definitely will not buy it again :(