October 26, 2014 | 1092 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Update: this review is for the old formula without SPF. I read that they changed the scent, and it is now minty. When I purchase the new formula, I'll update in a separate review.
"Kiss Me" is an oldie but goodie for me, a product I have used off and on for a very long time in keeping with my love for colored lip balms. It's a very nice berry red balm (slightly cool toned) with a slippery gel like consistency (not greasy) and if I recall correctly, has no recognizable scent, but smells pleasant, if that makes sense. I love the light slippery texture, which feels very good going on my lips. Not heavy, yet comfortable and moisturizing. I first bought it back when it came in a jar, used that up, then bought one in the updated tube and went through that one as well a long time ago.
I would have continued purchasing had I not been lured by other colored balms such as Smith's Minted Rose, (a perennial favorite); Origins' Smileage plus Lip Tint in "Off Beet" (another fave); L'oreal's Jelly Balm in "Luscious", and Kiehl's Lip Balm in 58B. You can only have so many at a time!
Needless to say, buying and using something up twice is a test of my appreciation and loyalty. All of the aforementioned balms are unique in their own way. Different colors, textures, etc. Philosophy "KIss Me" leans more toward a light, clear, berry color that leaves a very faint stain and non-greasy moisture. Unlike some of the other favorites, it is far less opaque and/or glossy, and therefore more natural looking, in my opinion.
I passed this up yesterday at the store and was tempted by it once again. I think it moisturizes well, smells good, and will find its way back into my heart--and stash--soon enough. :-D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by shelbylynnjones

I love this! It moisturizes very nicely and is great for anyone who wants to wear a light color on their lips. Not sticky at all. I have used this and the regular kiss me for just about 10 years now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by redbeemerbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using and buying this gloss for so many years, I've lost count. I carry one in my car, one in my purse and I have one in my nightstand. I apply it every night just before I turn out the lights. My lips are so smooth the next morning. If I ever found out they were discontinuing this, I'd buy up every tube I could I get my hands on. Seriously! Love the consistency and the scent (tangerine? orange?). Truly one of life's simple pleasures:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by natashaogle

This doesn’t smell great but that doesn’t stop me from using it. This is a very sheer red that applies evenly and leaves a subtle stain on my lips even after the balm has worn off. Moisturises nicely and is reasonably long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very lightly pigmented berry color. Like you've been eating berries and then put on a clear gloss. Feels light on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by naivewanderer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this gloss. It goes on smoothly and without stickiness, and does a good job hydrating my lips (something I can't say about the majority of my lip glosses). I have a very pale complexion, and the red is only tinted just enough to add a deeper but not-overwhelming color. It's become a standard that I wear almost every day!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This balm gives a nice shine with very sheer color. I wasn't crazy about the scent/taste. The packaging is cute and I always like slant tip applicators. Unfortunately, the formula is way too thick. I have a really hard time squeezing it through the hole in the tip. I usually knead the tube in my fingers for a minute or two but this only helps little. I got so frustrated with this that I never use it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell and taste of these is great, and they add a ton of shine. My only complaint is that if you live in a cold climate, these do freeze up pretty easily in your purse and they're really hard to put on then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I was recommended this Lip Balm by a SA at Sephora. I like the fact that it comes in a tube which is very convenient for when I am on the go. No messy pot to have to keep sticking your fingers in, just press the applicator tip of the gloss on your lips. I am impressed with this lip balm. My lips felt very soft after applying this lip balm and they looked nice and glossy. The lip balm is not greasy or heavy, it is very light. The lip balm is red but it actually goes on sheer. The lip balm also has a nice fruity scent. The lip balm contains vitamin E, kiwi and sweet almond oil. I will generally use this for touch ups when I am out and about and also when I am not in the mood to wear a lip gloss or lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by nephine

I'm addicted to lipbalm, and am constantly buying new ones to try, but sadly this turned out to be a very average performer. I like colour as well as moisture on my lips, and in the tube, Kiss Me Red looked like it would give a lovely wine-tint to my pale lips. I knew the moment I squeezed some product out of the tiny nozzel that this was going to give no colour, and I was right. It's thick and stiff in texture, non-sticky (I'll give it points for that though), and has an artifical smell to it, sort of medicated. No hint of a colour at all, just moist lips, so i could never wear this alone without lipcolour underneath, unless I wanted to look ill ! To be honest, as much as I hate using Vaseline on my lips, Vaseline would give me the same "moist" lip, at the fraction of the price, and would feel less "heavy" too - Kiss Me might me moisturising, but even a thin layer of this feels horribly thick on my lips.
For colour and a nicer feel, I can recommend Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lipbalm stick or my current yummy fave Lip Smackers Coca Cola Cherry which tastes and smells so good you'll be addicted (..or remembered...!)