October 1, 2014 | 1247 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lancome - Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

I received a sample of this. And let me tell you, it's the best of the best eye makeup remover. Remove all eyeliner and waterproof mascara with just one wipe. Sample bottle will last me a long time so I guess it's the same with a full size bottle, worth the investment. The cap is very secure. So far so good

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Hynjng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This ma

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First the good things: Bi-Facil truly works great and it is so damn chic looking on my vanity. And how the name rolls of one's tongue.
Now the crux of the matter: Bi-Facil (I am talking the US incarnation here) has an awful formula. It has quite a potent fragrance, a no-no for the eye area. And worst of all it relies on the preservative Quaternium-15. A chlorinated hydrocarbon and a FORMALDEHYDE-releaser. Fragrance and formaldehyde are the two big allergens and sensitizers in cosmetics. And while fragrance imparts at least a pleasant feeling, formaldehyde has truly nothing going for itself. People are so worked up about the poor parabens, but I'd take parabens over formaldehyde any day.
Side node: The European incarnation of Bi-Facil seems to forgo the problematic preservative.
Bottom line: I use it to clean my concealer brushes - works great. Won't repurchase.
PS: If you wonder why I got it in the first place, it came as part of a holiday set, and the travel sizes keep coming with GWPs.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by jiegao8

My mom uses Lancome skin-care products so often gets these samples including this makeup-remover. Since she doesn't put on makeup she passed all these little bottles to me, lucky me =) I am quite happy with them, not only because they are free of course, but mainly because they are pretty good at removing eye makeup. I usually just put some product on a cotton pad, and then hold the pad on my eye for about 10 seconds, then all the makeup will come off very easily on the pad. On days when I wear heavier eye makeup, I might need to repeat this step twice to remove everything. Overall, does what it's supposed to do and not irritating for my eyes, that's what's most important. I have tried some eye makeup removers, both drugstore and department store ones, that were irritating for my eyes or made the area around my eyes feels super dry and tight afterward. The only con I can think of is probably the price, that's the only reason I might think twice before buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Always been my go to make-up remover. It's like magic. Removes all waterproof make-up, eye-liner, mascara - the lot. It's super pricey here in Australia though... at $60 for 200ml :(

The only problem could be that you're wearing lash extensions and this make-up remover will take those off too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by CintiyaQueko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm mad at myself for cheaping out all these years and getting the local drugstore brands that hardly took anything off or that I had to follow up with some sort of oil to finish removing my eye makeup. This stuff WORKS and i no longer have to rub my makeup off...dannnng if only i used this earlier i may have saved myself a potential eye wrinkle or two :/

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

My first experience with Lancome's Bi-Facils was in Makeup school. We had an assignment where we had to use black cream makeup (think clown makeup) and apply it as both eyeshadow AND lipstick. (Anyone who knows about trying this knows that black is very unforgiving...). That was only half of the assignment. The other half was to remove it! Everyone in the class had different cleansers in their kits so it was an experiment to see what worked best. Lancome's Bi-Facil's actually worked the best. Having said that, this was before cleansing oils and coconut oil became popular. I ended up working for Lancome a few years later so I'm no stranger to this stuff. While it does remove waterproof eye makeup, it comes at a cost. At the time, I wore contacts and this was THE worst stuff to get on them. Ok, forget the contacts, this stuff blurred my vision with or without them! It also stung my eyes and it left a heavy greasy film behind that took multiple face washings and/or another eye makeup remover to remove it properly and entirely. I don't know about you, but I don't want to *have* to use more cleansers and removers to remove a remover(!?) I came to only use this on the rare occasion that I wore w/p mascara because I hated removing *this* more than I hated removing the w/p mascara.

So, I'm giving this 2 lippies, only because it works, but at a price, and in my experience it's not worth the effort or the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is just ok to me. Nothing special about it and it leaves a greasy residue as so many others do. I will stick with Makeup Forever's Sens'eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Abbyb717

I really like this eye makeup remover! I enjoy it a lot more than Neutrogena's. It works better and doesn't dry out the skin around your eyes. It's on the expensive side, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by caitlynsalmonson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This produc is so lovely!! It does a very good job of removing your makeup, probably thanks to the layer of oil. It is soothing and doesn't feel greasy afterwards. Would recommend!