July 29, 2014 | 1875 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lancome - Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first experience with Lancome's Bi-Facils was in Makeup school. We had an assignment where we had to use black cream makeup (think clown makeup) and apply it as both eyeshadow AND lipstick. (Anyone who knows about trying this knows that black is very unforgiving...). That was only half of the assignment. The other half was to remove it! Everyone in the class had different cleansers in their kits so it was an experiment to see what worked best. Lancome's Bi-Facil's actually worked the best. Having said that, this was before cleansing oils and coconut oil became popular. I ended up working for Lancome a few years later so I'm no stranger to this stuff. While it does remove waterproof eye makeup, it comes at a cost. At the time, I wore contacts and this was THE worst stuff to get on them. Ok, forget the contacts, this stuff blurred my vision with or without them! It also stung my eyes and it left a heavy greasy film behind that took multiple face washings and/or another eye makeup remover to remove it properly and entirely. I don't know about you, but I don't want to *have* to use more cleansers and removers to remove a remover(!?) I came to only use this on the rare occasion that I wore w/p mascara because I hated removing *this* more than I hated removing the w/p mascara.

So, I'm giving this 2 lippies, only because it works, but at a price, and in my experience it's not worth the effort or the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is just ok to me. Nothing special about it and it leaves a greasy residue as so many others do. I will stick with Makeup Forever's Sens'eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Abbyb717

I really like this eye makeup remover! I enjoy it a lot more than Neutrogena's. It works better and doesn't dry out the skin around your eyes. It's on the expensive side, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by caitlynsalmonson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This produc is so lovely!! It does a very good job of removing your makeup, probably thanks to the layer of oil. It is soothing and doesn't feel greasy afterwards. Would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by lovedollygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lancome's Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover is great for shimmery and heavy eye makeup. I love it and I've been using it for years (alternately with other products though). I just find this a little expensive. I just have to put the product on a cotton pad and press against my eye and wait for maybe a minute and all the eye makeup is gone. I do a repeat of that, then finish it off with this product on a cotton bud to run through my eyelashes to remove excess makeup. No cloudy eyesight and not oily. It can remove waterproof eyeliner as well.

This is the best eye makeup remover I've tried. If money wasn't an issue, I'd buy this over and over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by capybara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, maybe I'm using it wrong, but I think this is a terrible product. If it weren't for all the positive reviews on here I'd wondered whether Lancome weren't bribing beauty editors to recommend it! It really can't cope with my Bobbi Brown gel liner - the next day my eyelids are puffy, swollen and smudgy. Not a good look. In addition, I suspect that it's giving me eczema around my eyes. Why on earth someone would use this product in preference to Clinique Take The Day Off balm (not the liquid, the balm) is beyond me. But I suppose it takes all sorts...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

This was my stocking stuffer as a teen. This stuff is great and waterlike. No oily feel or harsh scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used this product a few times and wondered why my eyes went all dry underneath but it's this product!!. Had it on the back of my hand to remove a lipstick and it left my hand white and dry :( also took a while to remove eye make up and stung my eyes :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by raydi0o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG status. I have used this product for about 3 years, and it has never done me wrong. It removes all eye makeup in one simple wipe. It is hydrating on my dry skin as well. A little goes a long way too- 1 bottle usually lasts me about 10 months. Super pricey, but I'd say its worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Adhara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

not impressed at all. it takes quite a bit to completely remove my eye makeup, and i'm not even talking about a heavy duty smokey eye - barely a layer of primer and color tattoo. the sephora eye make up remover works much better for me and it's half the price.