August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Kinky

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by missalys95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this mousse is the best working hair product for my curls!
it leaves them shiny, frizz-free, and those curling-iron curls without the heat damage!
amazing, the cap is easy to use, though i broke it from the bottle, but reattached it and it still works just fine!
it's seven dollars, which is a little pricey for me, but totally worth it!
one bottle lasted a good one and a half year, with the bottle just starting to run out now.
but i am definitely going to buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by babymia647

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I think I found out my HG mousse!! It makes my hair look shiny, doesn't give too much volume (what I like) and my hair still look good after hours <3

EDIT: took off a lippie give me flakes

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Melanielou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First of all I discovered this by accident and so glad I did! I went out of town for a friend's wedding and realized I'd left all of my hair stuff at home so hit the drugstore for some stuff and decided to try it. My hair is curly but not naturally...huh? you ask? I got a perm when I was 12 and it never came out(I'm almost 29) and my hair has a life of its own. When I use this I also use Got2B's Guardian Angel hair protectant spray then the mousse or sometimes the mousse by itself. I get so many compliments when I use it in my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by zoesgirl

I have tried so many mousses and this is the best so far!! It defines my curls and keeps most of the frizz down. It does let my hair get a little puffier than I like but my hair is super thick, which may be the problem. The smell is a little strong, but once it's in your hair, you don't notice it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I could not believe the good curl definition I got from this. I am a mousse fan and was pleased to see that this added volume without any tacky residue and crunch ( but then again, I prep with a leave-in or styling cream) and did not have an offensive smell (citrus?). It comes in a bright, neon orange can and makes my wallet happy. I apply a golf-ball size to my wet hair and then scrunch gently. My hair holds up nicely, even in different humidities. Would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by jordella

Not for me. I have thick wavy/curly hair.
I used it as the label said to, and my hair ended up smelling bad, feeling stiff and heavy, but In a big poofy pom-pom.
It also made my scalp itchy.

Then reason I gave it 2 lippies is because I gave this to my cousin and It works pretty good on her hair, which is weird because we have pretty much the same hair.

Oh well...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

First, let me tell you about my hair: My hair is naturally very big and naturally curly. Think Shirley Temple – except that it tends to be less curly on the crown, and perfect ringlets underneath (opposite to what most people have). What I am really looking for in a hair product is something to help even out the curl, define the curl, keep the volume and banish the frizz.

My all time HG product for curly hair is the TIGI Curls Rock Curl Amplifier – but I find it is best used when blow-drying (mousse is not good for blow drying! It should be used for air drying only) and it is expensive! It’s $13 a bottle, granted you need very little to work, but I am a poor college student, and so I try to find less expensive things that I can use daily for school when I just my hair to look good, not amazing.

Like I already said, I use this for days I let my hair air-dry. I take a shower every morning and CO wash and part and comb through my hair just before getting out of the shower. I then use a myriad of leave in conditioners/anti frizz products. I carefully dab hair dry with a towel – do not rub. Then I pretty much fill a whole hand with this, section out my hair, and distribute evenly by finger combing. I then take a towel and scrunch my hair gently to pump the curls. Any areas where curls tend to be too loose (for me that’s the top layer and the hair near my face), I take a little extra of this mousse, and twist the curls to make them tighter – I am pretty much telling them what to do. Then I just let it air dry and continue to scrunch it thought out the morning until it is completely dry.

It really does a spectacular job of defining the curls. Usually by the time it is air dries I need to finger comb to separate the curls – that’s how good of a job it does! My hair still gets a little frizzy, but not to bad. It also is a little crunchy, but not hard at all. Nothing a little additional product can’t fix.

I have been using this mousse for years. There are several great drug store mousses, but this one is often on sale for BOGOF so I like to stock up on this one when I can. Even not on sale, the price is very reasonable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by khfarnaz

I recently read that this product got 9.0/10.0 on the scale of hazardous chemicals in hair products. Even though it does a decent job of defining curls, I would not buy it for that reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by kaylaj05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have stick straight hair, but i love to scrunch it, which can be a chore. i always rub this into damp hair and scrunch a little. i like this because it does not make your hair crunchy at all. then i spray some of the aussie sprunch spray, scrunch my hair some more, and i'm good to go. the only reason i need to apply another product is because my hair is SO straight, and i have yet to find a product that works all by itself on my hair. this keeps your hair from frizzing out and it's not crunchy. just gives natural wavy body!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This did not work on my hair at all. I have thick, straight hair and this mousse just made it stiff and crunchy without even a wave in my hair. I guess this is more suitable for people with wavy/curly hair to enhance their curls