Palladio Liquid Eyeliner

3.9

on 3/25/2013 3:42:00 PM

I'm surprised at the high number of high reviews. The application process was fine, I thought the tip was a bit hard and the initial swipe of color is rather sheer. However, it is nicely buildable, so after I was finished doing a winged eyeliner look, I was quite happy.

My happiness level faded quickly when I looked at my eyes about halfway through my work day, and was mortified by what I saw. The eyeliner had smudged so much, it actually looked like was wearing eye shadow! It covered my entire eyelid.

I'm honestly terrified to use it again because of how it may smudge. I may try it under eye shadow in the future, but I'm a bit nervous.

on 2/20/2013 10:22:00 PM

I love this eyeliner. I first bought it four years ago and have used it ever since. It stays in place and is easy to wipe off if you make a mistake. It only burned my eyes the first time I used it, and it wasn't even that bad at all. Some of the liner had gotten in my eye. If I had to choose between the applicator and my eyeliner brush, I'd go with the brush because it is easier to get finer lines than with the felt tip. To make the liner last longer on your face and help keep it from travelling, use a primer and powder before applying. I just use my foundation with some powder on my eyelid and that works just as well. I definitely will be buying this again in the future.

on 1/8/2013 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this eyeliner in lavender at Sally Beauty Supply for about $5.99. I had never used this brand of eyeliner before but purchased because of the color. Let me say that I am a fan of liquid eyeliners, but not this one. I hate the felt tip applicator but this is the case with any brand. I just can't seem to get them to work for me. Upon application the liner stung my eyes and caused them to water a bit. Never a good sign and things generally don't improve from that point on. The color was pretty, sort of a pearl lavender and there was plenty of pigmentation but due to my inability to use the applicator I had to apply several coats to achieve the line I was looking for. I also noted that the eyeliner on my right eye transferred to the crease of my eye where it stayed all day. The staying power of the this product was decent. It stayed where I put it and in the case of the crease, where I didn't put it as well. At this point I would not repurchase this product or this brand of eyeliner. Next time I am going to try it with my MAC liner brush and if I have more success with that method of application I will update this review.

I bought this eyeliner while at Sallys beauty supply, I usually use a different one with a felt tip but this is my new favorite! I do winged eyeliner everyday (which has taken me so much practice) but this one makes it soooo easy to get perfect results with nice dark black color.Takes a little practice to use the stiff brush but Will continue to use!

on 11/10/2012 2:01:00 PM

nice dark black. stays on all day. my only gripe is that it really takes a learning curve to work with this stiff applicator and i have to use qtips a lot to clean up my mess

on 7/18/2012 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really like this eyeliner..nice applicator and finish.Does'nt irritate the eye..Overall a good eyeliner but it does irritate if it goes in the eye.

on 6/24/2012 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this eyeliner. I have it in black shimmer. I bought it a few months back as part of a costume, but now use it almost every day. I like the firm applicator; they're hard to find. It stays well, but I find myself making a lot of mistakes because the long handle getting in my way. I got it for between 10-15 dollars at Sally Beauty Supply.

on 2/21/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I really dislike this.
Pros: True brown color, cute packaging
Cons: STINGS like crazy whenever I put it on. It's not even near my eyeball, and I immediately start tearing up. Fades, smears like CRAZY, bleeds, smudges. Applicator is huge, and not straight so very hard to get a straight, even line.

Overall, there are many,many better eyeliner out there.

on 1/1/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:

Rich color
Doesn't fade
Easy to apply

Cons:

Smear

I have this in black and at the end of a long day, I always find some of this smeared on my browbone (it gets on my eyelashes and works its way up). Other than that, great product for the price

on 10/26/2011 12:27:00 PM

wow i really like this eyeliner! i got it in midnight which is a shimmery navy blue leaning on the lighter side of navy. its easy to apply and yes because it is a little on the thinner side and has a slight sheerness it doesnt show flaws in application as much as deeply pigmented thick kinds ive tried. i am korean and surprisingly the blue makes my eyes pop so much more then black which is what ive used fore over 25 yrs!it dries very quickly so the couple of coats?swipes required to build up the color isnt difficult at all and what i luv iis several coats dont make it look caked thick cracked or crumbly like others because of the thin texture. i am uber sensitive and this did not sting or irritate my eyes at all fyi

Top Rated Palladio Products