MAC Fresh Moroccan Lipstick

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this very unique color. I would describe the color being a warm brick, a bit of brown red with golden flecks in it. So many times you can find dupes for department store lipsticks, but not this one. Such a beautiful, unique color Fresh Moroccan is, I will buy it till discontinued, which hopefully is like NEVER.

on 11/11/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fresh Moroccan looks AMAZING on my NC25 skin. It brings out the warm tones in my skin and the orange flecks in my brown eyes. It gets 4 stars and not 5 because, like most MAC frosts, it is kind of drying on the lips after a while if worn alone. I noticed some other reviewers called it a "red" lipstick but it really leans more towards a red-orange with copper/gold reflection. Gorgeous for fall and winter!

on 8/7/2010 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite red from MAC. This works great on pale, warm-toned gals like myself who don't want to advertise to the world that they are rocking a red lip :) Kinda wish it was a lustre instead of a frost, as the finish is drying. I love this with Get Rich Quick lipglass on top.

on 3/26/2010 2:09:00 PM

I love this color! On me, an NC45, it looks awesome. It's a red that looks good with my skintone, which is hard to come by. It looks exactly like the description says - red with a bit of gold. Beautimous.

It's a nice orangy deep red with golden shimmer. It fits smokey or neutral eyes. That lipstick goes on really smooth and opaque. It's similar to MACs ruby Darling lipstick, but a bit more vibrant.

on 9/19/2009 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been looking at this for a long time, and finally bought it. It's a frost that lasts a long time. The shade has some sparkle, but not over the top. It's really pretty... a rich brick with golden shimmer. Although I see pink and mauve in a brown brick tone. Not a common shade in other brands.

I've been dying to try this shade for the longest time now, but for some reason MAC counters here in Malaysia have stopped bringing it in. So finally swapped for it, and I must say that the long wait has been totally worth it. I'm always on the lookout for red lipsticks to try, and while Fresh Moroccan definitely has warm undertones, it wasn't too orange on me, which was one of my fears. It's a beautiful, inviting and very wearable bright (but not fire engine) red that makes me feel very good about having it on. I don't need to be too careful with the application and it wears down to a very pretty stain. The glitters don't worry me too much, and the only reason it loses a lippie is because admittedly it's one of the most drying lipsticks I own, even with a balm underneath, but I'm willing to overlook it for the shade. It's like a redder, warm-toned version of my favourite MAC lipstick, Viva Glam IV. For the curious, I would absolutely urge you to try it. It'll make you feel glamorous, if nothing else. :)

on 2/6/2009 10:43:00 AM

I have bought this lipstick three times and it is my go to shade for a versatile red. Pairs well with casual and more formal attires. Matches well with many different eye looks too, from the neutral to smokey eye.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This looked nice in the store when I applied it to my hand, but once I got home I discovered that this color is actually too dark for my skin tone. Much too bright for me. But it looks very pretty in the tube. If you have jet black hair this will work for you.

on 10/19/2008 9:26:00 PM

I enjoy this color in the fall as it's dark brick red tone goes with a lot of my fall outfits. The golden tone of the subtle sparke of this product makes it special and is great on my nc 30 complexion. I do think it makes my teeth look a little dingy, but the plus is that it doesn't turn pink during the day as it wears off. (For a bluer red that still doesn't look clownish, try dubonnet) The overall staying power of fresh moroccan is good, but it is drying and just a bit gritty from the shimmer. That is fixable with a lip conditioner. I also think this lippie looks best with a bit of gloss on top, but that does reduce the staying power. I don't use this often so I can't imagine repurchasing.

Popular Lipsticks