L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

on 12/24/2013 9:53:00 AM

I don't like this at all... I bought the Sublime Bronze Tinted Gel for face and body, and I'm not pleased at all. First when applying, it went great. It wasn't hard at all and I was very careful when applying. The gel was tinted, and was very manageable. It dried really fast, which was great, but I felt sticky for at least an hour or two afterwards, which wasn't as good. I massaged the gel onto my entire body. It said on the package that it was going to be shimmery, but this was waaayyy to shimmery than what I hoped for. It's supposed to be instant color, and I did notice my skin being a shade or two darker and I was pleased with the color then.
The morning after (I put the gel on before I went to bed), was a catastrophe. My legs were dark orange and patchy. It looked like I had been scrubbing it off in some places, even if I did exfoliate before doing all of this. And the smell was just - horrible. It had that typical self-tanning smell, and it was awful. I had slept with a white t-shirt, and it was stained. It looked like I had taken a powder bronzer and dabbed on the shirt.
I got up to take a shower, and most of the shimmer and the "powder" got off my body, but the smell remained. The only thing that looked good was the color on my face and neck. Luckily, I didn't break out with this gel. But I didn't take as much on my face, as on my legs of course. I had to scrub and scrub and scrub for an hour before getting most of it off (it was christmas). I saved the day with my Dove Summer Glow, thankfully. BUT, the smell STILL REMAINS. I'll probably finish the bottle, but I'm only applying it to my face. I won't repurchase this. The only reason I gave it 2/5 was because of the easy application and how it looked on my face and neck. BUT MAKE SURE YOU PUT A THIN LAYER ON IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON USING THIS!

on 7/31/2013 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Did not like it one bit, it is too orangey, too dark, too fake, too sticky and yes, it streaks and takes forever to dry. I am blond but have a nice tint to my natural skin so it is not like I am very pale either yet it was still too bright, orangey for me. Wont be buying this again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've used a ton if self tanners, so when I see bad reviews of good ones it's usually because people don't know how to use them. I love this stuff. To get the best color though follow these steps. Don't wear this as lotion alone! Before you go to bed mix this w a dab of lotion and apply. In the morning it will be very dark! Take a shower and shave as well as use a loofah w body wash. Afterwards it should be the perfect shade. This stuff is very concentrated and dark so I wouldn't recommend for light skin tones.

on 6/12/2013 8:35:00 AM

Well, at first I hated it. It stinks, it's way to glittery, and it was pretty dark. Let it sit over night and then took a shower the next morning. Washed the glitter away and smell and I *LOVE* the color it left!! My skin looked/felt soft and was glowing and perfectly tan. I really recommend this...but after a shower ;)

on 5/8/2013 9:53:00 PM

I've used this twice in the past week and gotten compliments on how nice my tan looks! I can't stand the smell or the sparkles though! They wash off easily but you have to wait to take a shower so in the meantime you look and smell like a hooker. Good value overall though IMO. Used it as directed and noticed only minimum streaking I'm certain areas.

on 4/28/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff! I have an olive skin tone and purchase this in medium. It gives me an instant glow! Sorta sparkly- but I like it. The smell is kinda funky, but doesn't bother me because it goes away after a shower. I am actually going out today to purchase another one lol. You won't be disappointed with this stuff, folks!

on 4/14/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A great self-tanner. I have light olive skin and I use the medium to dark. In ONE USE it gives me a perfect, overall golden tan that lasts up to 3 weeks.

I put on gloves to protect my hands and use a half-dollar size amount for each arm, and double that amount for each leg. I make sure to smooth it on as evenly as possible--I made the mistake before of not trying to "blend" it on my feet or my hands (which I don't use the tanner on). It will give you a harsh line if you don't take the time to try and blend with your hands.

It dries in 5 minutes and you can put on clothes (even light colors!) and go about your day. I only need to use this once and it lasts 3 weeks. The smell isn't great but will dissipate after your first shower.

It does dry out the skin a little--after the first shower I smooth on Bio Oil all over and it makes the skin supple.

Overall, a great product for someone who doesn't want to spend ages doing the "Gradual tan" thing.

on 4/8/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm not sure why everyone hates this product so much. One my cool, pale irish skin it turned out a nice pinky-golden glow! Just the tiniest bit of orange over brown, but I expected as much. One tip: it is a BIT patchy and goes on dark even after the first application, so I like to mix it with regular body lotion to tone it down and make it less patchy.
Also: VERY glittery, but I love it. No cons here!
Took off a lippy for patchiness.

on 3/24/2013 3:40:00 PM

BEWARE THIS IS VERY ORANGE. If you want to look like a oompa loompa buy this!!! So unnatural looking!

on 3/2/2013 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have very dry sensitive skin. I used this once and broke out in a head to toe rash. I looked like I had a bad sunburn I was so red. I've used other brands like coppertone that don't give me that reaction. If your like me with very sensitive skin I recomend doing a test patch on your tummy at least twice before you use it.