October 30, 2014 | 1543 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Ak03

Well, at first I hated it. It stinks, it's way to glittery, and it was pretty dark. Let it sit over night and then took a shower the next morning. Washed the glitter away and smell and I *LOVE* the color it left!! My skin looked/felt soft and was glowing and perfectly tan. I really recommend this...but after a shower ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Mands783

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this twice in the past week and gotten compliments on how nice my tan looks! I can't stand the smell or the sparkles though! They wash off easily but you have to wait to take a shower so in the meantime you look and smell like a hooker. Good value overall though IMO. Used it as directed and noticed only minimum streaking I'm certain areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this stuff! I have an olive skin tone and purchase this in medium. It gives me an instant glow! Sorta sparkly- but I like it. The smell is kinda funky, but doesn't bother me because it goes away after a shower. I am actually going out today to purchase another one lol. You won't be disappointed with this stuff, folks!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by nicolebeauty

A great self-tanner. I have light olive skin and I use the medium to dark. In ONE USE it gives me a perfect, overall golden tan that lasts up to 3 weeks.

I put on gloves to protect my hands and use a half-dollar size amount for each arm, and double that amount for each leg. I make sure to smooth it on as evenly as possible--I made the mistake before of not trying to "blend" it on my feet or my hands (which I don't use the tanner on). It will give you a harsh line if you don't take the time to try and blend with your hands.

It dries in 5 minutes and you can put on clothes (even light colors!) and go about your day. I only need to use this once and it lasts 3 weeks. The smell isn't great but will dissipate after your first shower.

It does dry out the skin a little--after the first shower I smooth on Bio Oil all over and it makes the skin supple.

Overall, a great product for someone who doesn't want to spend ages doing the "Gradual tan" thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Jaeie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure why everyone hates this product so much. One my cool, pale irish skin it turned out a nice pinky-golden glow! Just the tiniest bit of orange over brown, but I expected as much. One tip: it is a BIT patchy and goes on dark even after the first application, so I like to mix it with regular body lotion to tone it down and make it less patchy.
Also: VERY glittery, but I love it. No cons here!
Took off a lippy for patchiness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEWARE THIS IS VERY ORANGE. If you want to look like a oompa loompa buy this!!! So unnatural looking!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Cddam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry sensitive skin. I used this once and broke out in a head to toe rash. I looked like I had a bad sunburn I was so red. I've used other brands like coppertone that don't give me that reaction. If your like me with very sensitive skin I recomend doing a test patch on your tummy at least twice before you use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by janeeugenia

atrocious horrific orange color, No more tries for L'Oreal all of their self tanners are orange and smell terrible, thumbs down

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Pinky911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my go to self tanner for years. It takes some practice to apply and even when I'm careful, can leave you with slightly orange palms, but I love the slight shimmer it leaves on your skin and the instant color. It has the typical self-tanner smell, but its not too overpowering. I can always smell it hours after it dries, but my husband never notices. All in all, I will continue buying it, especially in the winter months. I use it on my face too without any issues. Its cheap and gets the job done. It is probably too dark on women with fair skin as I always buy the Medium tones option.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by katypsu620

I wrote a similar review for the Sublime bronze Gel, as both products are similar... I used this product a long time ago (back in 2006-2007), but did want to write a review about my experience with this product. When I used this the product smelled TERRIBLE. Awful. My sister and I used it in college and thankfully we were the only people living in our apartment or any other roommates would have moved out for sure. It made our ENTIRE apartment smell for DAYS after using it. Our friends could smell it as soon as they walked in our house. The stuff just literally seeps in your pores and just leaves your skin dry and feeling unhealthy. I wasn't happy with this item at all. It is better than the Gel, by far.