Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow - Fawn [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 4/15/2009 10:25:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow!
It blends well, the colour is beautiful, the packaging is big but there is a lot to last you. I use an ivory base and then put the fawn shimmer wash along with the bobbi brown violet ink or black ink gel liners, def makes brown eyes pop. I use this as an everyday eyeshadow and you can really glam it up at night with a smokey eye.
Only thing I don't like about this eyeshadow is that I use a primer with my eyeshadows and after a couple of hours I feel like that deep purple taupe colour fades and I have to re-apply to get that "shimmer". I think this only happens to me as I applied it on a friend and her colour lasted the whole night of dancing so it may just be me. Would love it if someone could give me a tip on how to get around this because I really do like this e/s
Definitely would repurchase unless I found a new HG :)

on 12/3/2008 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this shadow! It's a taupy midtone shade that has a slight mauve/purple tint and a bit of shimmer. Works great as an overall lid wash, and I love to wear the Gel liner in Black Mauve with it on the upper lashes for a quick and easy eye look. I love the way this blends very well, is sheer, and shimmery but slightly so.

Kind of similar to Laura Mercier's Topaz, just a bit less shimmery and cooler.

on 11/10/2008 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful e/s color that looks so gorgeous with my brown eyes! It's a purple shade, but yet has brown in it so it looks natural yet adds a pop of color to my lids. I love that it's a purple shade without being overbearing and too bright like some other purple shadows I have seen. I find myself wearing this one everyday now. Will definitely buy again.

on 6/8/2008 10:24:00 AM

I really like this. It's a medium taupe with just a teeny bit of mauve in it. The shimmer is very subtle. I wear it primarily all over the lid, with a bit of Velvet Plum (from the Velvet Plum metallics collection), or Gunmetal or MAC Deep Truth on the outside corners to smoke it out. It's lovely!

on 5/24/2008 6:55:00 PM

HG. I keep going back to this since I found it through MUA. I have blue eyes with a bit of grey and green, and this makes them stand out as if they're turquoise. I use it on the lid as well as in the crease, actually I just use my finger and swipe it across the lid and let it go at that as I'm too lazy to keep brushes organized, washed, etc.. It looks natural but smokey and pretty. Sometimes I line the lower lashes with Fawn also. I love this shadow. The shimmer is very soft, hardly noticeable. I would think that anybody with blue eyes should own this but then I wouldn't be so unique so hey forget it.

on 12/4/2007 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not in love because A: this is almost exactly like MAC Satin Taupe only slightly more red (not good for me) B: it's bulky and the packaging of BB e/s is terrible and C: the texture is a little harder than the MAC. I'm swapping this.

on 7/2/2007 1:24:00 AM

This is one of my favorite colors of eyeshadow and I've bought over and over. It's a beautiful neutral that makes eyes pop. I have hazel gold eyes and everytime I wear this shadow, I get compliments. I've tried many e/s, but always come back to this one. I just wish that Bobbi would use smaller pans and less packaging. This is a lot to carry around. My HG? Very, very close!

This is a wonderful shadow and very versatile - to bring out the mauve tone, I wear a navy liner - To bring out the brown/taupe I wear a brown liner. It's hard to describe this colour - its a mix of taupe, mauve, grey and brown. However, it has been in my makeup bag for a while and I reach for it often - Usually I pair this with Mahogany as a liner!!! Although I find Bobbi Brown on the expensive side, her products are worth it!!!

on 1/26/2007 3:02:00 PM

I've recently fallen in love with Bobbi Brown eyeshadows, and this is one of the reasons why. Fawn is a beautiful warm plummy taupe. The dominant colors are brown and plum, but there is a silvery sheen to it that makes me think of it as a taupe. The shimmer is in no way frosty, but is rather a lovely sheen, brighting up the eye area. Much like all BB eyeshadows, it can give you a look that is professional, sophisticated, and sexy, all at the same time. The texture is lovely, soft, and easy to blend. I would repurchase.

Because i had Stone I didn't think I needed Fawn but the two are very different. Very lovely. I'm cinvinced that BB shadows are superior to MAC, Stila, NARS you name it. The best on the market!