October 30, 2014 | 705 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

Love this. I wash my face with this three times a week, using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser on the alternate days, which is more gentle. This keeps the breakouts at bay and my skin is left clean, comfortable and smooth. I also use it as a spot treatment on pimples overnight and they are gone by morning. Love.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Muaviv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, so I don't really write reviews on products I purchase, but this one was a MUST! Never have I had such a horrible experience with a cleanser. I originally bought this product because I saw that it was a mask and have heard good things about it. I started reading the ingredients and saw it has 3.5% benzoyl peroxide acne medication in it (which I like) and that is can be used as a cleanser and a mask. I decided to use it as a mask and knowing it had such a strong acne medication in it and that I have sensitive skin, I knew not to leave it on as long as it said to. I left it on for 2-3 minutes while brushing my teeth and right away i felt the tingling on my skin. I didn't think anything of it so I washed it off after 3 minutes. When I washed it off, i didn't see any drastic changes to my skin right away, which I expected. However, the following day my face got super dry! it was crazy how dry my skin got and it went down to my neck a bit. I thought it was maybe the makeup wipe I used, but it wasn't. The following day (today), I woke up and not only was my skin super dry, but it had tiny little whiteheads everywhere! Even my eyelids were dry and had tiny bumps! These whiteheads are not noticeable though. you can see them if you were to pay attention to the texture of my skin, but if not you wouldn't be able to see them. You definitely can fell the dryness and bumps on my skin though! I have never had this reaction to any product and I have used quite a bit. My cleanser is cetaphil and I use St. Yves apricot scrub, which contains sacylic acid, frequently and have never had this outcome. I definitely do not recommend this product if you have sensitive skin. It is very over drying and can feel a bit uncomfortable afterwards. I am actually scared to use this as a cleanser now. I'm not typing this up to talk down on the product, as it has worked for the majority of the girls. I am just listing my experience with it and how my skin dealt with it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this cleanser for years and it used to work okay as an acne treatment. Much too drying for my sensitive skin to use all over though. I now only use it as a spot treatment for zits. However, I recently had a horrible break-out all over my face so I decided to use it as a mask, as many people do. I left it on for five minutes as the instructions say and then washed it off and applied my aloe vera face lotion that I use daily. A few minutes into the mask my face started throbbing! After I washed it off my face was extremely hot and bright, lobster red! Into the trash it goes and here's hoping my face becomes skin colored again someday! Eek!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this cleanser when I was younger. I remember I use to like it but I ran out and never bought it again. After struggling to find a good cleanser for my oily, acne prone, sensitive skin I saw it and decided to buy it. I am so glad I did I tried it as a mask yesturday. Today I used it as a cleanser and I saw a huge difference on my skin less breakouts. It feels really refreshing when using it it also contains 3.5% of benzoyl peroxide which I feel its the magic on this product. So far I have no complaints. Update: Had to return it, I was getting too many breakouts. I had to run back to my cetaphil daily cleanser. Only bottle that has worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Vzcious

Some may have experienced BP darkening their scars while healing it at the same time, or making their acne scars linger for a slightly longer period of time and also drying out their skin. But using this cleanser in less than a week, my scars have lightened tremendously, like it's 95% faded or gone. And I mean the darkness my some scarring that has been there for months and months. Other products didnt help at all.. And right now I've been using this cleanser for almost a month now and I can say my face is clear, it isn't dry, ( this cleanser makes your face so soft! (: ) and I hardly get any breakouts. It reduces the redness of your face too. What I do is that I will rub this all over my fce and massage it like how we wash our face, and then leave it on for about 3-5 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. Thanks to this I have clear skin. (: ive tried many other expensive brands but this cleanser is so much cheaper and works really well. After washing my face I then use the neutrogena on the spot treatment. And it works really well together this two.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Mrsrhew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great. I'm usually really sensitive to benzoyl peroxide but this isn't too harsh in my skin. I only use it as a mask once in a while, and as a cleanser maybe once a week. My skin is sensitive and mostly clear recently but it does break out every once in a while. I will dab this on my pimple and go to sleep. by morning it's so much better. It brings under the skin pimples to the surface, and dries up the ones that are lingering around. I seriously recommend this stuff. It's the bomb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I woke up one weekend and mini mountains formed on my forehead. I don't get this much acne and so I used retinoin to treat the acne. They say that retinoin causes the acne to get worse before it heals. I got tired of it and used this cleanser recommended by my cousins. A few days later the bumps on my forehead reduced quite a bit and even the ones on my chin. Benzyl Peroxide is the one product that helps to treat my blemishes to diminish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I definitely got sucked into the face mask world and most recently used the Glamglow mask everyone was raving about. It worked well but it was WAY too expensive for my college budget wallet. 70 dollars for the full size, HECK NO. Also tried the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask which was very affordable but did NOTHING for my breakouts or blackheads.. So I was in the market for a new mask as I started getting these random zits on my forehead that were painful and inflamed. I like Neutrogena overall as a brand and have had good results from their products. I was intrigued by this Clear Pore Cleanser Mask seeing that it can be two products in one. I picked it up at Walgreens for 8 dollars which is a WAY better deal than Glamglow and also very easy to find, I've seen it at other stores (Walmart, KMART, Rite Aid, Ulta) but just happened to pick it up at Walgreens. Took it home and read the directions. If you use it as a mask treatment you're only supposed to leave it on 5 mins and then wash it off. It's got Benzoyl Peroxide so it's quite strong but it didn't burn or sting by any means, actually felt very cooling. It's a thin white paste and dries quite quickly as well. I washed it off and the next morning my breakouts were noticeably smaller and less red. I only had to use this for 5 mins for 2-3 days before my breakouts were completely gone. I now use this as an emergency spot treatment. As I said it's quite strong so I wouldn't recommend it as an every day facial cleanser as it might dry you out but it's PERFECT as a mask or spot treatment and gets rid pesky breakouts, pore buildup and excess oil. This product beats all the overrated and overpriced masks I have tried. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by thourigan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, I went to Target a couple weeks ago, and I remembered reading some particularly positive reviews about this, so I caved and picked it up. I am constantly on the hunt for a good face wash.

It actually didn't do much for me for about the first week. I use it in the shower about three times a week, and first I rub it into my skin and then add a little bit more to use it as a mask while I shave my legs. It does burn a little, but not overly, and leaves the skin feeling fresh and cool after you wash it off. I didn't actually start really seeing results until about the second week.

I get terrible millia under my lower lip/chin area, and so I usually have little bumps down there. This stuff has shrunk the bumps and cleared them all together in some places! It also works well on my blackheads, though in my experience it only pulls everything to the top of the pores, and then I use honey to pull it out. Not to mention, I have not had ONE active break out since I started using this about a month ago! I did have a couple existing breakouts when I first started using it, and it also works fabulously as a spot treatment if used sparingly.

Sparingly is the key word with this stuff, though, because it can get drying if overused. My skin is particularly sensitive and prone to getting dry, but it can handle the mask three days a week. I am super glad I picked this up, and I may have finally settled on a facial cleanser. I use St. Ives' Pink Lemon and Mandarin scrub before using this, and the combination leaves my skin bright, glowing, and smooth. Great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember loving this in my early 20s so I decided to revisit it to see if it still works for a 30 year old face. As a cleanser, it doesnot fully remove sunscreen and foundation for me. You have to really work it in the skin and massage gently. It leaves a cooling sensation and doesn't have a strong scent which I like. Best of all, it does wonders to control acne and clear congestion on my forehead and chin. It is not too drying for my oily, but sensitive skin. My skin can actually tolerate this well. It works better as a mask for me too. My skin looks more refreshed and feels soft and clean. This is good for maintenance if you have acne issues and it is affordable if you are on a tight budget.