October 30, 2014 | 1688 users online

Loose Powders - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by bratirella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A so-so product. A little too glittery for my taste so I mix it with Johnson & Johnson's Pretty Powder (Fair Blue) to tone down the bling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this loose powder and I have it in the lightest colour. I was so upsed when I found out the Revlon was discontinuing the skinlights line and I still don't understand why they are doing that. The liquid face tint was my favourite thing in the world and this powder is just wonderful. A little goes a loooooong way just as the other reviews say. It's very shimmery but not overly so if you use it properly. This will last me a very long time (thank goodness since it won't be sold anymore) and I love the packaging on it. I use m big fluffy brush to apply just a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by romantica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this TWO years ago and the jar is still more than half full! I have this in the palest color, and it blends perfectly with my light complexion. I use this to highlight the cheeks, as well as my shoulders and decollete when I go out.. It gives me a gorgeous natural glow. The downside to it is that I've noticed that it might clog pores, so some people who are very sensitive to this might want to avoid the product. For me however, it wasn't TOO bad, but I wouldn't use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 2:43:00 AM More reviews by KristaSelene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product in the lightest shade offered for years. I LOVE it! I recently heard it has been discontinued and it breaks my heart. Why must all good things come to an end? This product lasted forever and for as long as it lasted, was priced well. I used to think it was too expensive for being made by Revlon but its quality was outstanding and hardly needed to be replaced. A little bit was better than too much and went a longggg way. This product made my face appear flawless in pictures (hopefully in person as well) and it is far from perfect without it. I don't know how I'm going to live without this face illuminator. BIG mistake, Revlon!!!! I'm writing you a letter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Elle13

I love my Skinlights face illuminator in bare light! I would love to swap for another as i just learned it is discontinued... It lasts quite some time, ive had mine for the better part of 2 years! Its almost glittery! You can use it as a thick layer on the eyes! I mix a little bit into myfoundation (loose powder) sometimes, just to add a little glamour! Great stuff!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I won this in a competition in Golden Light. I don't often use shimmers so probably wouldn't have bought it. However now I have it, I love it. I apply it very lightly over the cheeks and up towards the eyes for evening wear. Less is more, other reviewers are right on the money there. You can definitely end up looking like a disco ball if not careful. When well applied it gives skin the same lovely shimmery appearance that candle light does. I find I can also use it very lightly during the day in summer to give me that touch of sun look.

I probably won't repurchase because A) the one tub is going to last me forever and B) I have since found other loose shimmer powders for considerably less that look just as good. However if I was a makeup junkie I would probably have gone out and bought this in every available colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by foxytina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this in "bare light". I've used this for several years. DONT use it all over your face lol. It's great lightly applied to your cheekbones and the bridge of your nose, and forehead. I also like to apply it with my finger dipped in the powder, and near the tear ducts of my eyes, in the sides by my nose, and under my eyebrows. It's a very natural look and makes your skin glow. It's also great on your chest, neck, collar bones, legs, basically anywhere your skin is exposed. I even use it lightly on my hair sometimes to make it sparkle. It lasts a very long time. It's also great on your lips. Just apply a little vaseline or gloss to your lips, dip your finger into the powder, and lightly apply it to your lips and spread it around. it makes them "nude" and sparkly. A great look with a smokey eye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

I have this is two different shades and have to different opinions about it.
    Golden light: too orange for my pale skin. Love the shimmers though.
    Natural light: Really like it! I bought this on a really bad day just too cheer me up and thought this was just a "try once and then throw away product".(I bought the skinlights lotion a few months ago, and have never used it) But I was very wrong. I`m a real shimmer-freak so this is perfect for me. Do not use this all over your face.. you will look like a disco ball. Less is more. I use this on my cheekbones, a little on my nose and chin + around my eyes. This is amazing! It doesn`t cost much and since I use just a little bit each time, one box will last forever. Only bad thing is that it seems to make my pores(that aren`t really visible at all..) more visible..a bit greasy feeling in a way. I think I prefer Clear Radiance from BE because I can use it all over my face or just as a highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

In theory this seems like a great idea, a face powder that can illuminate, contains a large amount of product, is easy to find and affordable. However I cannot wear it anywhere on my face because the iridescence is so obvious, as is the shimmer. It is also very heavily perfumed. I love many other revlon products and they have other skin light products with great reviews here. But I think the main problem is that this powder came out several years ago when shimmer was more of a new buzz word. Revlon was one of the first companies to provide a drugstore line that talked about illuminating skin, and that idea is still a good one. However with all the more recent shimmer powders, highlighters available that are so finely milled,and contain small, barely perceptible shimmer particles, this just isn't comparable. So to paraphrase what they used to say in the start of the bionic man "we can rebuild this, we have the technology!" Revlon should offer a new, loose, skin lights powder sans perfume (so many people now are much more aware of the irritation fragrance causes, as well as mica type ingredients and others we now know aren't great for sensitive skin), cut the shimmer down to something thats more practical and useful, and they would have an amazing product so many people would love. I think because they were ahead of the pack in the ds on this type of item and are so associated with it, they may be hesitant to change but again. Revlon redo this, tell us how it now really does give the wearer that amazing lit-from within look that buyers hoped for from the description and you will have a best selling item.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by 867_5309

I gave it a three b/c it draws attention to the large pores on my nose and sides of nose. I bought this in August when I started wearing makeup and I didn't know all the ins-and-outs of makeup products, such as, shimmery products accentuate pores and lines on the skin. But I do believe when you have lost the receipt for something or for other reasons cannot return a product that you are not satisfied with, that you could always find alternate uses for it. So I use this as a highlighter under my brow, and I also take a brush and buff it into my declotte (spelled wrong yes I know), that area around the neck and on the chest area, since I wear lots of v-neck shirts it works out quite niceley. I have it in Bare Light. Won't repurchase.