Avon Rare Gold

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered a bottle of this about a 4 yrs ago and I couldn't believe how lovely this scent is! Last year I bought a gift set and every item in the set the shower cream, lotion, deodorant and powder all smell exactly like the spray and a lot of times with some high end fragrances the lotion smells different sometimes. I think this is more of a night time or special occasion fragrance for it smells elegant. One of my top 10 favorites and I want to try rare diamonds as well.

on 1/15/2012 10:49:00 AM

I received this free from Avon for my birthday. I'm very pleased with it as it smells expensive, rich and classy. My boyfriend loves this on me. It's a bit heavy for work - I save it for evenings and weekends.

on 1/1/2012 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the purse sprays and full size lotions when they were on for 2 for $10 for my mom and grandmother. I was thinking that "older" women would love this scent, although I had never smelled it. The reviews were so good for an Avon fragrance, I thought it was worth a try. I'm not disappointed! I ended up keeping one set for myself and getting Grandmother something else. I am very impressed with both products. The spray is so nice and elegant smelling. Not sweet, not heavy, doesn't bother my allergies and is not Avonish (cheap, cheap)! The lotion is surprisingly good quality with a nice creaminess that absorbs right into the skin and is a wonderful compliment to the spray. Highly recommended! Now, I'm probably going to have the buy the full size parfum. And, my mom took one sniff and said, "MMMM, this smells good", and she's very honest, almost to a fault and spares no expense on high end fragrances. Rare Gold is a gem. A winner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a very big fan of this perfume:)It's just such a nice smell!It lasts long too.To me,it's a really good scent for winter.It's a good floral with a very slight cirtus hint.A tad bit sweet,but not overly sweet by any means!

on 11/16/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

A dressy, warm fragrance that is nice for a special occasion, but I don't wear it every day.

on 11/14/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading many good reviews, i ordered for myself. I am a rep and i order alot lol. So i was not too sure what to expect. I don't like it on me... It smells like pure amber on me. ICKKK

on 9/26/2011 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This one is very nice...it reminds me of a few other warm honeyed floral scents that I own and like, but this one has a more distinct honey note without being cloying and sweet. There is a slight chemical note when I sniff too close to my skin, but I can't detect it when smelling from a distance. Honey, honey and honey flowers. Yum.

Edit: dropped a lippie for the slight headache it gave me.

on 7/30/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

a truly beautiful fragrance, its opulent, feminine and clasy!!! love the way it turns out on my skin, i have several comments on how beautiful i smell!!! people keep asking me and when i say its an avon parfum they`re really impressed. not a every day fragrance cuz its strong, floral and warm, perfect for a date or a night out! do not spray too much cuz a little goes a loooong way! so is a great buy cuz you can get it at low price and a full bottle will last so much time! deffenitley will buy it again and again! hope they never discontinued this!!!

on 7/12/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really, really LOVE this fragrance. So warm and delicious. Mixes well with my chemistry. Opulent amber, rich florals, and a velvety dry down that just wraps you in a golden glow. This is going to be in heavy rotation among my fave fragrances, even if it is Avon - it smells high end...similar to Amarige de Givenchy.

UPDATE: I grew tired of this rather quickly surprisingly. After a couple days, I found it got too sweet and cloying on me. Other people commented they liked it, but after a while I felt like I spelled just like "Country Garden" Glade spray.

on 2/25/2011 10:38:00 PM

I just love this scent as does my friend who I might add is 30 years old. The book says opulent orange flowers mixed with precious amber. I will be buying more!

Popular Fragrances