Sephora Express Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover w/ vitamin E

3.3

on 6/5/2009 2:18:00 PM

I don't know if I'm writing about the right product. The stuff I have is the Sephora brand of eye makeup remover pads for waterproof makeup. Well, it's horrible! I had to rub, rub, rub till my eyes were irritated and it didn't budge my waterproof mascara. I'm going to stick to my HG waterproof makeup remover-- Take It Away by Estee Lauder (creamy with no tugging and cleans the stuff right off).

on 6/7/2008 10:42:00 PM

Cheap but TOO oily. The sephora SA told me to shake it a little then apply it onto a cotton swab. Instead I had to shake it for a few minutes so the oil would mix. Surely it wiped off all my eyemake up however it was too oily. Would I purchase this again? No way.

on 5/19/2008 2:52:00 PM

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same one. I'm rating the one with the blue waterproof eye makeup remover, (I thought they only have one for waterproof...) I actually find it very good. By for it's the best eye makeup remover I've ever used for waterproof products. I have to admit that somehow it feels the old package (the one w/ a small clear cap) worked better. Don't know if Sephora changed the formula but it's still working great. It's not oily, and it does the job w/ no hassle... at least for me.

on 4/10/2008 3:46:00 AM

This stuff is complete crap. I've been looking for a cheaper substitute for my two favorite eye makeup removers, Decleor Cleansing Oil and Lancomes Bifacil. This stuff may have removed my eyeshadow and eyeliner well but did terribly when it came to taking off my mascara, even non-waterproof formulas.

A very greasy eye make-up remover which doesn't do a very good job. Even after washing with warm water I still gets marks on my towel. Won't buy it again.

on 1/1/2008 2:57:00 PM

This is my least favorite remover of the oil type. I have used a lot of them, always with great luck. It takes a lot of product and effort to get off my Diorshow (not waterproof) and MAC liner off with this. Usually four cotton pads and sometimes Q-tips after when I see it still has not come off.

on 10/22/2007 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: doesn't sting your eyes (actually, this is a HUGE pro in my book), takes off everything (except mascara) fairly quickly.

Cons: doesn't take off mascara particularly well. Took me a couple of cotton balls per eye until it looked like it was all off. And when you wash your face - you still find that all of the mascara has not been removed. You have to shake the product vigorously to get the product to mix.

I don't mind the screw-top so much and I am in the habit of washing my face after makeup remover anyway (especially eye makeup remover since all of the ones I have tried tend to be oily). Still - I don't think this stuff is particularly special and there is other stuff to try.

on 9/15/2007 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Not bad at all! My eyes didn't sting and burn. Not a bad price either.

on 7/20/2007 12:43:00 AM

Likes: (1)Makes eye area soft, (2)does not irritate contacts, (3)no irritating smell.
Dislikes: (1)Carpel Tunnel from shaking the bottle in the hopes that it mixes and stays mixed (an exaggeration, sure... but you get the point), (2)screw cap- I prefer a flip top when I have that stuff all over my hand, and (3)it really takes a lot to get it to remove anything. I have to saturate a cotton pad and swipe both sides over my eye area (and non-too-gently) to see minimum results.

Even if it is 10 bucks...

on 7/8/2007 10:22:00 PM

Love this product! If you wear waterproof like I do you need a heavy duty eye makeup remover. This works!!!