December 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Loose Powders - Cle de Peau - Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an incredibly airy and finely milled powder. It looks slightly pinkish in the tub but is completely transluscent on the face. I had some pretty high expectations using this powder, but I don't think it's fully lived up to my expectations.

The container is glossy blue and looks wonderful displayed on a vanity, but it is impossibly messy to travel with. It has an extra inner screw cap upon which to decant some powder before applying, but I find that to be an extra step that I don't want to spend time on. It is a big container, I think I will be using this product for a long time!

The finish when applied is a light diffused effect and slightly airbrushed. It is very pretty, but I have a very oily t-zone and need it to do some heavy duty setting of my base product. I don't think it did a very god job setting base makeup, but rather just sat on top of the skin. I tried both brushes and the enclosed puff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Michele1956

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! Started using Cle de Peau concealer a year or so ago, then recently got a sample of their fluid foundation, and I was forced (!) to shell out the $$ for that. Curiousity got the better of me and I just got the powder. My face (at 54 years old no less) looks so smooth and radiant! No feeling of powder on my skin, nor that look of powder when I look into the magnifying mirror. I'm afraid I'm hooked, expensive or not!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only nice things about this loose powder are that it really brightens up make-up and surprisingly keeps the oiliness at bay for at least 4 hours on me. The price is exorbitant (SGD 180.00 for the full product, SGD 127.00 for the re-fill alone and SGD 17.00 for an extra luxurious puff). I'm going Japan soon, hopefully will encounter better prices. The packaging is opulent, but sucks if you want to travel with it. I've tried so hard to decant it into a travel-sized powder case, but I suspect it's the puff that helps to disperse the powder so well. Really wish Cle de Peau makes travel-sized accessories for its best-selling product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Scrumpee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very finely-milled, excellent quality though one of the more expensive loose powders in the market. Gives good coverage, makes skin look radiant and dewy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ddunzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm just 15 but since I start modeling, two years ago, I started get interested in beauty products. My problem is that I have very oily skin, which look horrible in everyone, but now imagine a person whose profession is model.
I have to control that very well, because make up, just goes well in a matte and pure skin.
So this is the product I use to make my skin matte but not looking dry, I don't really have imperfections , so I don't know if it goes well in skin with that, but in my oily skin it goes amazing.
And the only products I use doily, are: this powder and ysl touché éclat (under the eyes when needed), and I swear that my skin looks perfect with boot of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by 0rang3chan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I usually love almost everything from Cle de Peau! I've used this brand (skin care) since I was 8, and it has yet to let me down!

Best loose powder ever! Very translucent, does not appear cakey or pile up or have powder spots on my face that I have to rub off. Gives a very pretty "porcelain doll" finish! Get lots of compliments, expensive but totally worth it! Also it lasts forever!

Packaging is gorgeous as usual, but due to it's size, it is extremely hard to travel with, will have to find a smaller container or another lose powder to use when traveling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Obscenely expensive, annoying packaging, strong perfumey smell when the container is first opened, BUT , no other powder rivals the way this one makes skin look. Simply remarkable non-powdery powder. It`s the only powder i`ve found that doesn`t just sit on top of the soft fine vellus hairs on the face which is what makes most powders look powdery. You won`t see a powder particle on your skin- even under a magnifying glass!

(Note to frugal people like myself: once you realize that this is simply the best loose powder you`ve ever used or will likely ever find, repurchase the REFILL only. You`ll save $30 and get the same amount of product which can be transferred into any other powder container you already have. It`s $75 versus $105)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Lesa63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the best loose powder I have ever used. So finely milled and gives the skin a flawless beautiful look- did not give a white cast - beautiful over the CLP refining foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I have this in the old version (square box), and I have to option to choose the newer version (round box) I prefer this one mainly because of the square box, although I don't believe neither the pink powder (old) nor the beige powder (new) will deposit any colour on the skin.
I have in the past tried various so called "transparent" loose powder, yet they all made the face whiter/lighter for an hour or so until face oily/moisture kicks in.
However, like everyone said, this finely milled powder, absolutely does not add any colour over the foundation, but gives the fdn a more finished look. I find the fdn tends to oxidize less with this powder on. It takes away the shine but does not make my dry cheeks appeared cracky.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best loose powder I've tried (and I've tried a lot of these high ends!). Its very finely milled, give you a natural flush, and makes your skin looks flawless. The older version is square case with pink powders (which I absolutely love the packaging) and the newer version that just came out not long ago is in round case with white powders. I love both and its defintitely worth the price, what't the point of buying 3 cheaper loose powders and never use them up because you don't love it?