November 28, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This mascara has way too much product on the brush so you have to wipe off most of it this review is based on that put on straight from the tube it's a mess.
With the brush wiped off I really like this it really does give nice volume and some decent length and great definition but it does make my under eyes have the raccoon look even when I set the mascara with shadow but not too badly.If you don't have a tendency with that issue you might really like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by YanyCosmetics

My favorite mascara to add volume and drama. I have thin lashes so this makes them look fuller.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by jihunnie23

I always come back to this after straying. A perfect every day mascara, and I get the occasional compliment from strangers at work functions. Word.
My lashes are invisible without help, very thin and fairly sparse. Thus, I have to be very picky with formulas and brushes. I've tried many others both drugstore (maybelline great lash, l'oreal voluminous) and non (clinique, diorshow). The other drugstore mascaras do wonders for those with strong lashes already. (Not me!) If the brush is too spiraled, or the formula too heavy, it very subtly brings my eyes down.
Volum Express's traditional brush is a win - generous amount of thin bristles, very carefully placed. Not fat in the middle, which undermines thin lashes. Good, light, buildable formula. Lashes come to a point at the ends, which extends, and remain thick on the bottom, which voluminizes.
As others have said, squeegee the bristles along the edge before use. Especially after first opening, there is too much formula. Wriggle the bristles at your roots a bit before quickly swiping up. Can be layered wet or dry.
I hate the waterproof formula, it smells like chemicals, flakes, and doesn't come off even with oil. Stick with the original. And tell the drugstore by my house to get it together, because it is forever out of stock. Hence my experimentation with other brands, and consequential dismay.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

im usually really picky with mascara i always seems to purchase the ones that become flakey, or clump up way too much. Yet this gave me a nice hit of volume, it was easy to take off, and it didn't clump up as much as i thought it would. I also loved the bristle brush that came with it. i found it helped evenly coat my lashes and lasted quite a while. would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

The best one I have try so far. Hold the crul, give me nice volumn and some length. easy to remove. Will buy it again but I kind of want to try something else since maybelline and other drugstore brand have so many new one coming out

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Coco1120

This was the first mascara I ever used! It was good back then when I was just starting to use make-up. I bought again it last year remembering how good it was for me, the bottle has had a slight upgrade. The brush is thick which makes the lashes voluminous. Although, I don't recall if it gave great length. I wouldn't purchase this again as I believe Maybelline has come out with better mascaras e.g. The Colossal, it's a Volum Express too though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Octobercutie888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best Mascara i have ever used i always keep coming back to it for years. If they ever discontinue it i will cry. It doesn't clump smear and the Waterproof kind lasts for hours. Make sure you add the second and third coat fast otherwise it will clump. I have short thin lashes so it adds great volume and length. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this years ago and remember it being a go-to for naturally volumized lashes. Alas, I've left it behind for the Falsies and Full 'n' Soft, but this one is still good.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by roomie97

I think this was a kind of so-so product for me. it wasn't bad, but then it wasn't on the good side either. It was just a nothing special sort of mascara which was quite boring to use for the whole 3 months before it expired. i wouldn't want to say that this was a bad mascara or anything, but it's just a kind of mascara i wouldn't try again twice :P

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by lashesandlace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel about this line the same way I feel about the falsies. They're good backups/normal everyday mascara. Not a stand out, but definitely worth taking a look at.
If I was in a pinch and had to grab something quickly... one of these would be my reliable standard mascara. I'd probably pick this one over the falsie's (in my hypothetical situation) because I like that the brush is just a normal brush and nothing fancy.

Good length/volume/staying power.