Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

on 5/16/2013 4:02:00 AM

Firslty this smelt gross I work at a drug store and alot of people have mentioned the same thing. Feels like black tar when applied and makes my lashes stick together did not like this at all, my lashes started falling out more from this mascara

on 5/11/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the original Volum Express mascara that started my love affair with all the new mascaras in that line. I used this product years ago as my go to mascara when I wanted lots of volume. Great staple DS mascara.

on 3/3/2013 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I occasionally buy this macara when I am tried of trying new ones and being disappointed. Lately I have been applying maybelline classic volum' express for thickening and then maybelline illegal length for length. The second product works okay but not well enough to stop trying new options.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This mascara has way too much product on the brush so you have to wipe off most of it this review is based on that put on straight from the tube it's a mess.
With the brush wiped off I really like this it really does give nice volume and some decent length and great definition but it does make my under eyes have the raccoon look even when I set the mascara with shadow but not too badly.If you don't have a tendency with that issue you might really like this.

on 1/12/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite mascara to add volume and drama. I have thin lashes so this makes them look fuller.

on 12/26/2012 3:20:00 PM

I always come back to this after straying. A perfect every day mascara, and I get the occasional compliment from strangers at work functions. Word.
My lashes are invisible without help, very thin and fairly sparse. Thus, I have to be very picky with formulas and brushes. I've tried many others both drugstore (maybelline great lash, l'oreal voluminous) and non (clinique, diorshow). The other drugstore mascaras do wonders for those with strong lashes already. (Not me!) If the brush is too spiraled, or the formula too heavy, it very subtly brings my eyes down.
Volum Express's traditional brush is a win - generous amount of thin bristles, very carefully placed. Not fat in the middle, which undermines thin lashes. Good, light, buildable formula. Lashes come to a point at the ends, which extends, and remain thick on the bottom, which voluminizes.
As others have said, squeegee the bristles along the edge before use. Especially after first opening, there is too much formula. Wriggle the bristles at your roots a bit before quickly swiping up. Can be layered wet or dry.
I hate the waterproof formula, it smells like chemicals, flakes, and doesn't come off even with oil. Stick with the original. And tell the drugstore by my house to get it together, because it is forever out of stock. Hence my experimentation with other brands, and consequential dismay.

on 12/15/2012 12:15:00 PM

im usually really picky with mascara i always seems to purchase the ones that become flakey, or clump up way too much. Yet this gave me a nice hit of volume, it was easy to take off, and it didn't clump up as much as i thought it would. I also loved the bristle brush that came with it. i found it helped evenly coat my lashes and lasted quite a while. would buy again

on 12/14/2012 11:28:00 PM

The best one I have try so far. Hold the crul, give me nice volumn and some length. easy to remove. Will buy it again but I kind of want to try something else since maybelline and other drugstore brand have so many new one coming out

on 12/14/2012 7:25:00 AM

This was the first mascara I ever used! It was good back then when I was just starting to use make-up. I bought again it last year remembering how good it was for me, the bottle has had a slight upgrade. The brush is thick which makes the lashes voluminous. Although, I don't recall if it gave great length. I wouldn't purchase this again as I believe Maybelline has come out with better mascaras e.g. The Colossal, it's a Volum Express too though :)

This is the best Mascara i have ever used i always keep coming back to it for years. If they ever discontinue it i will cry. It doesn't clump smear and the Waterproof kind lasts for hours. Make sure you add the second and third coat fast otherwise it will clump. I have short thin lashes so it adds great volume and length. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

Popular Mascaras