July 30, 2014 | 2124 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Disa17

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This certainly works. My nails were in a very brittle state. After using this product for one week I noticed a difference. My overall rating of four is because it's a bit messy. The price is rather expensive. The packaging is nothing to rave about. I would purchase again - if needed. I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsofaDiorAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first Dior product I was exposed to as a child-- only then I didn't even know of who Christian Dior or the brand (Dior) that will become one of my all time favorites and objects of my addiction.
My mother owned this nail crème. Now that I look back on it, it MUST (and it IS) be an absolutely amazing product for her to have splurged on. (My parents are not the type to spend money on frivolous things.) I remember adoring the packaging; so simple, yet so delicately elegant. The product was sticky but not as sticky as the formulation of in today's market. I didn't care for the scent too much, but when I purchased this for myself, I find that I don't mind the scent at all because it brought back childhood memories. (yes, I must've had a dull childhood to have been fawning over a nail crème.)
Overall, I love this product; it makes my nails and cuticles feel nourished, cared for, and luxurious!!! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nail creme without any particular concerns. Although it's pricey for a nail crème, a little goes a long way. If you are into manicures or painting your own nails, this is definitely an item you would want to splurge on! Don't get me started on the Dior nail vernis polishes! That in it self is a whole another rant and rave.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Jennyfurdouglas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It is expensive but man was it worth it!

I had the worst case of dermatitis I have ever had due to a terrible reaction to IBD nail gel. My cuticle burnt away in awful red rashes, and my nails almost disintegrated, it was awful, and so painful. I had had acrylics/gels for years and was fine, then one day my body just decided it hated the gels and after a new set of gel fills I woke up in the night with itching burning fingers. Literally (because of the pain) had to pick the nails off.. you can imagine the result - total mess! I went to the doctors for it and was given steroids creams etc along with being told to use only Caroline's Cream on my hands.. Cotton gloves on my hands at night etc, etc! But my cuticles just kept peeling and paining, my nails were so thin they would not grow and this went on for weeks -- well, long story short, this stuff gave me my hands back. I honestly didn't know if a couple of my nails would even grow back, I had just stubs on them, but woo-hoo all fixed!

Details:
Okay down to the details, It smells strongly of apricot (sweet and sickly not fresh and fruity) and it is thick, sticky and heavy so be warned, its not something you can put on and then go off and start your sewing. You need to apply it before bed or perhaps in the evening when you are sitting watching TV. Or (as, I just did) before you are perhaps going on the computer!! It needs time to absorb into your cuticles. But when it does it is just delicious! It softens like nothing I have ever used and leaves your cuticles soft and luxurious.. After 2 weeks of using it my hands were vastly improved. All my cuticles had healed and the soreness had stopped. (Seriously, had monster hands!) Now I am hooked, I use it all the time, I love the softness it brings to my cuticles and it cures little cuticle nics very quickly (2 days all healed!).

Price:
That being said, it is very expensive for the amount you get! ($45 from David Jones or Myer here in Perth) and the pot is tiny! It is only 10g..

Packaging:
As I have said before I am a packaging lover, I adore pretty makeup and perfume bottles and packaging and this is very meh! Little white pot, CD embossed on it (even that gorgeous CD looks boring and dull on this pot!) So in short - come one Dior, lift your packaging game, it has to look pretty on the dresser!!!

Anyway as I said, I love it, but yes $$$$ ! I have seen it on ebay much cheaper so for you lucky ladies in the US you can get it for about $25 with a couple of dollars shipping.. I tried to order some but they also wanted $25 to ship it to Perth so blah, blah, blah! works out the same!

If anyone sees it anywhere with cheaper shipping to Perth, Western Australia send me a linky and I will love you forever :)!!

Hope this helped!~

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by moushka26

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff but the price has become ridiculous. It is sticky and goopy but it does work, and very quickly. When I first started using it, it cost $2.50, which was expensive for the times (late 'sixties). Now, in Canada, with tax, it comes to over $30! Sorry, but Paula's Choice Lip & Body Balm works just as well at $13. I always buy it on sale so I pay even less. I hate to be negative about an old favorite, and if I were in the 1%, I'd probably buy it without thinking, but given that I didn't inherit money and I'm not a movie star, I'll stick with PC Lip Balm and spend the balance on something else.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a lovely cream for nails. It is expensive but it's rich and moisturizing. Sally Hansen makes a knockoff of this but the texture and fragrance are not as nice as this Dior product. It lasts a very long time, I've had mine for 2 years and I still have plenty left. I am not sure I would repurchase even though it's nice but I am glad I tried this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Kaneve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very dry, ragged, cracked cuticles. This works. I don't know why it works so well but it does. And I have tried so many alternatives, every other popular nail cream or oil, none of them even came close to this. In fact the money I spent hunting for a cheaper option, I could've probably stayed supplied with this HG for 3 years. How foolish. Sticking with what works...I'll be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good cream. It takes real good care of cuticle, can't say for sure it hardens the nails a lot. But the price is a huge drawback. There are other creams that are doing as good (if not better) job and they cost a fracture of this price. Brand name - yes, but it should deliver so much more for the price in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does nothing spectacular for my nails, but it's not bad either, so I will continue using it as long as it's empty. You can use any other oily/paste nail cream instead of it, imho, that will cost a lot less. Like Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream, which is similar in consistency, does the same job, but for a lot cheaper price per ml and can be used elsewhere as well. Or any other similar thing. I think the price is the weakest point of this, it's just too much for the little boxful you get. It's great to carry around in your bag, though. Abricot creme is sticky, so do not try putting on nail polish after using it. I think they recommend using it at a night time before going to bed and that is what one should do. Good I got it from Ebay for a reasonable price, otherwise it would have not been worth the money. The package is cute, though, and once it's empty, I can use it to store some other cream in it to carry around in my purse.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this product. It is a great nail/curticle cream. The texture is thick but the only thing I didn't like about the product was the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan at all. It is really sticky and hard to get off of your hands and I haven't noticed any difference in my cuticles.

Definitely a waste of money in my opinion