December 18, 2014 | 975 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Body Glow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gawd, I love this stuff! Surprised at the low ratings, because it gives a beautiful sheen to legs and arms and it smells absolutely divine. I wish it was in a squeeze or pump bottle because it puddles in the hand, but otherwise I think it's fabulous - a real summer staple, especially for legs in short skirts.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 2:32:00 AM More reviews by kdoggyfizzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product on my legs. It gives it a tanned, smooth look but the only thing i dont like is the smell. some people like it but i think it smells too much like a makeup product. I reccomend this for someone who is already tan and wants to enhance their tan, because its not a self-tanner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by skendall

As a pale-O, this is the only product that doesn't look super fake and streaky on me. Probably because it doesn't stain the skin, but actually looks like a natural tan/glow.

I love the fragrance. It reminds me of summertime and suntan oil.

But the dispenser could be easier to use. I agree that a pump would be better. And it is expensive.

But I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by snofkins

I tried this on at Sephora on my mission to find a nice body bronzer to disguise my pale, pale skin on a trip to Hawaii. It is an oil, so the packaging is hard to use-- a pump or something would have made it a lot easier to use. I was hoping this would smell something like Tahiti Sweetie, which has monoi oil in it, but the oil smells weird, not like monoi oil at all.

On the skin, this leaves a shimmery glow, but not very bronze. This would maybe work on darker skinned gals who are already tanned but pale girls should skip this unless you want to look like you bathed in sparkles. Even then, I'm not sure its wroth the money- the stuff is EXPENSIVE!

Pale girls, check out Two Faced's Tanning Bed in a Tube-- gives a nice bronzy glow AND imparts a deeper, gradual tan over time. It smells a ton better too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by foxylesley29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product, I love the scent, the glimmery way it shows up on my pale skin. It makes me look like I have a glowing golden tan. BUT... why so expensive??? For the price ($80 at Sephora in Canada), my goodness! I love it, it works great for me, but I am torn as to whether I would buy it again or not. Not for the price, I wouldn't, but I love how it looks, and I'm a sucker for the elegant bottle. I would gladly search eBay for a cheaper bottle...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Fit42

This doesn't score well for me for one reason. It stained my pink gym bag. I was wearing this on my shoulders in the summer. I would then carry my gym bag over my shoulder only to end up with Body Glow on the inside of the straps. It stained (not surprised, it is oil) and my gym bag looks dirty. I had to buy a new gym bag and say good bye to a great smelling and pretty product.

This is a nice product that needs to be used with caution.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by star81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was indeed a waste. I like the way it look on my legs but that is all! It has a very annoying scent. The only reason I haven't tossed it is because it costs so much. Booooo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBlossom

For you people out there who are thinking about buying this product I beg you don't, it's a waste of money.

It's not even 100% monoi (50%) and the scent is off, I agree with the person below who said it reminds her of lipstick.

If you whant a shimmery monoi oil go for the Hei Poa version which is tons cheaper and smells like it's supposed to.

BTW I do not own this product but have tested it on counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lm378

I'm in the love camp on this one. Love the smell, love the look, and love how it feels on my skin. Very expensive, yes, but you don't need a lot -- I'm on my 2nd summer with the same bottle. This really enhances my light tan and leaves a subtle, not showy, glimmer.

My only gripe is the glass bottle (looks nice, but too heavy and worrisome for travel) with the screw cap. It's hard to dispense the right amount, and screwing the cap back on with this stuff on your hands is a pain. But it's worth the annoyance for the stuff within the bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by astroblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I received this product from a friend who has super pale skin. Bronzers don't work for the girl. I, on the other hand, have chocolatey brown skin and we both thought this stuff would compliment my skin tone. It did. I can't believe I fell in love with a bronzer because, well, I never really thought black people used bronzers. I guess the scent can be overpowering for some, but I like it.
No, the sparkles won't last all day if you're running around in the sun, sweating them off. But if you put on the right amount and chill out, you'll glow four hours. I never experienced the stuff staining my clothes, so no complaints there.
It's hella expensive though. $65 or some craziness like that, which is why I won't buy it for myself, but it's been keeping me shining for two summers and I've got a third of a bottle left.