December 19, 2014 | 865 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by adreanac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! It has cleared up my skin so well & even faded old pimple scars. You know it's working when your husband notices how good your skin looks. You notice a difference overnight, pimples are a lot smaller , practically gone in the morning. Skin is left looking healthy. I don't mind the smell (black licorice) I got it on sale at Walgreens for $6.49 reg. $9.99 at target. The bottle is pretty small for the price but it works so good, I'll continue to buy it. I took the roller ball off and just use a clean Qtip. This stuff is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by racheldedo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell & it really works! It's really pricey for such a small bottle though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kpborra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just moved to NYC from a tropical humid country and my skin started acting up. I was in K-mart and saw this blemish stick and was a little bit desperate, so I bought even without checking the reviews here in MUA. The fact that it said it was herbal made me want to buy it even more (I'm a sucker for all things natural). To my surprise, after using it the first time, my skin cleared the next day. This is amazing stuff! You must try it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm almost done with my first glass bottle of this, I used it twice daily on acne prone secitons of my face, so here it goes:

PROS:
Cleared blemishes up a lot quicker...with no discomfort
Derailed any blemishes that were about to get real
Scent is indeed herbal (I dont mind that)
Has a lof of oils of herbs that are known for helping with acne
Does not contain straight up alcohol

CONS
Yeah, the bottle is glass....sooooo be careful
Rollerball DOES seem to go against the idea that you dont want to spread bacteria to cause MORE breakouts, but there are ways around that
Althought it has a type of alcohol derived from a grain (which isn't overly drying) it can still sting just a little bit on senstive areas (KEEP AWAY FROM EYE AREA).
Was 8 dollars...and the tonic in the bottle goes quickly if used twice daily as I have. BUT I saw results that way...so....

And there you have it.

I will be picking up another bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh I love and adore this blemish stick. I have pretty much gotten my acne under control with my clean & clear advantage oil absorbing BHA treatment & my St Ives exfoliating pads. But I still get an occasional hormonal pimple. I put this stuff on it & it zaps it away. I love the medicinal smell of it and it also helps me to not pick at my old pimples. I'm such a picker!!! Always have been. Whenever I get the urge to pick, I roll this stuff on & that takes the urge to pick away at the same time, healing my skin. Its a win win!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This blemish stick rocks! I've been using it for about 2 years now and I've definitely seen a difference in my skin, since I have acne-prone skin.
The packaging is simple and the rollerball is really easy to apply to your face. If I apply it to a pimple, I see a difference overnight. It definitely decreases.
One thing you have to keep in mind is that you can't use this product every day because your skin will build a tolerance to it and the blemish stick won't do its job. If you apply the product maybe once or twice a week and only to one part of your face, it'll work. I've tried putting it over one half of my face because I had a horrible breakout there, and nothing happened. It's meant to apply to that one huge pimple you have that's bothering you and won't go away.
Despite the strong (and kind of disgusting) smell, this product is definitely worth it. Just don't apply it during the day if you don't want to smell like herbs. I recommend applying it before you sleep.
This product has worked wonders and I definitely recommend! It's worth the price :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ynakano

I absolutely love this product! I got it half a year ago, and I still have at least half of the tube left. The roller ball applicator is extremely easy to use on the go (I once used it on a date during a movie). I use my Cetaphil facial cleanser and then Bioderma, and apply the Blemish Stick to my affected areas, and 2 days later, my pimples were 75% gone! The smell is a little intense, but the product applies smoothly and it's really soothing. For $8 this was a great investment and I will continue to repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by londonhenry

I bought this a while ago and repurchased a few times but I will no longer because the packaging itself is poor. The roll on applicator isn't a wise detail because the dirt and bacteria it picks up from your face is soon washed back into the rest of the bottle, which I didn't like since I'm a germ freak. As far as the chemical performance, I never saw any kind of breakthrough different in the appearance of my blemishes. The smell was harsh, too. I have a combination of oily and somewhat acne-prone olive toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This works really well for an all natural blemish treatment. Smells like licorice and does not burn on application. I don't use the rollerball directly on my blemishes though. I wash my hands and then roll it on the back of my hand and then apply with my finger. I don't want the roller ball thing to get all gross touching my pimples! I guess if ur face has just cleaned then it shouldn't really be a problem but it just didn't seem like the best idea. Anyway, yes I do like this for the results it gives with all natural ingredients so a thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review on the Burt's Bees blemish stick. It's a glass container with a little rollerball on the other end. It contains huge amounts of natural plant extracts that are helpful for healing acne. I have had mine for 4 months and I have only used a quarter amount of the product, too, so it lasts.
The smell of this is like alcohol, mint, fennel or licorice and other natural herbs. I don't really mind it seeing as it evaporates within a minute. I wash my face, put on my Body Shop Aloe lotion, then dot this product on any pimples I have.
Lately from all the stress my normally 99.9% clear face was breaking out badly-- cystic acne under my eyes, I'm talking DEEP sore pimples that lasts for a week or more, blackheads and whiteheads everywhere. I had around fifty pimples!!!!!!!!
Sorry to gross you guys out. Anyways, this stuff totally works. I wash my face using L'Oreal 360 cleanser for sensitive skin, then tone with witch hazel, then apply lotion and then the burts bees blemish stick.
Within a week, 80% of my pimples are gone. I have only like 5 left. It's amazing..