April 19, 2014 | 1066 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh I love and adore this blemish stick. I have pretty much gotten my acne under control with my clean & clear advantage oil absorbing BHA treatment & my St Ives exfoliating pads. But I still get an occasional hormonal pimple. I put this stuff on it & it zaps it away. I love the medicinal smell of it and it also helps me to not pick at my old pimples. I'm such a picker!!! Always have been. Whenever I get the urge to pick, I roll this stuff on & that takes the urge to pick away at the same time, healing my skin. Its a win win!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This blemish stick rocks! I've been using it for about 2 years now and I've definitely seen a difference in my skin, since I have acne-prone skin.
The packaging is simple and the rollerball is really easy to apply to your face. If I apply it to a pimple, I see a difference overnight. It definitely decreases.
One thing you have to keep in mind is that you can't use this product every day because your skin will build a tolerance to it and the blemish stick won't do its job. If you apply the product maybe once or twice a week and only to one part of your face, it'll work. I've tried putting it over one half of my face because I had a horrible breakout there, and nothing happened. It's meant to apply to that one huge pimple you have that's bothering you and won't go away.
Despite the strong (and kind of disgusting) smell, this product is definitely worth it. Just don't apply it during the day if you don't want to smell like herbs. I recommend applying it before you sleep.
This product has worked wonders and I definitely recommend! It's worth the price :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ynakano

I absolutely love this product! I got it half a year ago, and I still have at least half of the tube left. The roller ball applicator is extremely easy to use on the go (I once used it on a date during a movie). I use my Cetaphil facial cleanser and then Bioderma, and apply the Blemish Stick to my affected areas, and 2 days later, my pimples were 75% gone! The smell is a little intense, but the product applies smoothly and it's really soothing. For $8 this was a great investment and I will continue to repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by londonhenry

I bought this a while ago and repurchased a few times but I will no longer because the packaging itself is poor. The roll on applicator isn't a wise detail because the dirt and bacteria it picks up from your face is soon washed back into the rest of the bottle, which I didn't like since I'm a germ freak. As far as the chemical performance, I never saw any kind of breakthrough different in the appearance of my blemishes. The smell was harsh, too. I have a combination of oily and somewhat acne-prone olive toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by simi531

This works really well for an all natural blemish treatment. Smells like licorice and does not burn on application. I don't use the rollerball directly on my blemishes though. I wash my hands and then roll it on the back of my hand and then apply with my finger. I don't want the roller ball thing to get all gross touching my pimples! I guess if ur face has just cleaned then it shouldn't really be a problem but it just didn't seem like the best idea. Anyway, yes I do like this for the results it gives with all natural ingredients so a thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review on the Burt's Bees blemish stick. It's a glass container with a little rollerball on the other end. It contains huge amounts of natural plant extracts that are helpful for healing acne. I have had mine for 4 months and I have only used a quarter amount of the product, too, so it lasts.
The smell of this is like alcohol, mint, fennel or licorice and other natural herbs. I don't really mind it seeing as it evaporates within a minute. I wash my face, put on my Body Shop Aloe lotion, then dot this product on any pimples I have.
Lately from all the stress my normally 99.9% clear face was breaking out badly-- cystic acne under my eyes, I'm talking DEEP sore pimples that lasts for a week or more, blackheads and whiteheads everywhere. I had around fifty pimples!!!!!!!!
Sorry to gross you guys out. Anyways, this stuff totally works. I wash my face using L'Oreal 360 cleanser for sensitive skin, then tone with witch hazel, then apply lotion and then the burts bees blemish stick.
Within a week, 80% of my pimples are gone. I have only like 5 left. It's amazing..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really needed something for the huge zits I get when it's around that time of the month. Based on the ingredients, I figured this product would work for me. It actually did somewhat. If you applied it, the blemish would definitely improve a bit even after one application. However, it seems as though I built a tolerance of some sort, because now it does not really work at all. Also, the packaging is a real downside. Very unhygienic and it often releases so much of the liquid that it ends up dripping down your face. I really need to find a new blemish treatment. This was good in the beginning, but eh, it doesn't work for me now.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by dotgirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I picked this up at Wal-Mart a couple of months ago for under $10 in the hopes it would be at least somewhat helpful in reducing my blemishes overnight. I was also intrigued by the fact that it was all-natural; I previously used a different natural spot treatment before (Andalou's Blemish Vanishing Gel, which I can't find anymore) and LOVED it. I was under the assumption this would be similar, but alas...it was not.

The first time I applied this to a blemish, it almost instantaneously flattened it and I was very impressed. I thought, "Finally! Something that works!".
However, within two days the area in which I had applied the spot treatment to had broken out in three to four little pimples. Wondering if it had simply been a coincidence, I continued to use this off and on, and each time I did, I would break out in more acne where I applied it.

It was also relatively drying and the packaging could have been a lot better. It has a little ball-thing that as you roll it along your skin, the product comes out little by little. Well, when you roll the product on blemishes, it picks up little pieces of dry skin (and who knows what else) and redistributes it back into the product itself. So, each time you re-apply this to a blemish, you're also re-applying dead skin, bacteria, etc. You can actually look at the product itself and see little pieces of dead skin floating around. Ick!

Overall, I just wouldn't recommend this. It's drying, the packaging is pretty bad, and it actually CAUSES more acne!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product maybe around two years ago. It did NOT work for me and I threw it out after giving it three tries! I also really dislike the packaging-- it's unhygienic. I'd stick to Clean & Clear's Benzoyl Peroxide .5% treatment any day-- it works the best and quickest for me whenever I get a blemish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by CanopicDC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it works! i have oily/combo sensitive acne-prone skin ( the best kind there is...i know haha) I get ginormous zits on my chin if i eat too much sugar esp. around that time of the month and once the zit is upcoming nothing ever helps to stop it and it heads and i pop it and yeah it's gross! but this little guy works like a charm on upcoming blemishes...i put it on my zit a few times a day and within two days the zit stops hurting and starts to shrink...I also put ice on the zit to help speed up the process. It smells nice, dries up fast and works! i once put it on a zit near my eye and the product went in my eye and it hurt like a B lol but it works! fellow acne prone people def. give it a try!