Burt's Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar [DISCONTINUED]

2.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Vegetable soap base, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, yucca vera extract, avena sativa (oat) kernel protein, urtica dioca (nettle) leaf powder, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf powder, cocos mucifera (coconut) oil, coconut acid.

on 11/29/2008 4:04:00 PM

Best shampoo ever.

on 11/15/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't think I have ever thrown out an unused portion of shampoo - but I did throw out over half the bar of this shampoo.
I tried on three ocassions to use this. I'm the type of person that likes to have a lot of lather with my shampoo and this shampoo bar just doesn't foam up well.
Worst of all, this shampoo leaves a waxy feel to my hair. It's terrible. I just couldn't get it out even with rinsing with a lot of water after and then completing with a conditioner. On the second and third attempts with this shampoo, I tried to use less but it still left that same waxy feel. I gave up and threw it out. I definitely won't be buying this again.

on 6/27/2008 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Makes my normal hair extremely oily...Luckily I have biolage oil control treatment that restore my hair to its normal state...

on 4/21/2008 6:33:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This product is not acceptable.
BB does a lot of things i like but this is not one of them! The "shampoo" bar makes my scalp even drier, and then my scalp feels dirty (because the soap build up). The thing this is good for is the back. If you use some on your back it awesome! But I dont really enjoy the smell either. If you are like me and cant use shapoo bars stick to liquid formulas.

on 3/25/2008 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got this in a travel kit. Ok, I bought many travel kits so I have a ton of these little bad boys. I like em just for my scalp. My hair is too long for this. I need lots and lots of shampoo. But on my scalp its great. No dandruff. Makes it feel clean and theres no shampoo residue or silicones to make my scalp feel icky and built up.

on 1/22/2008 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally really like solid shampoo, but this is definitely not the product for me. I found that my hair became completely unmanageable and had a strange feeling like it had been completely stripped of oil yet had some weird residue. The next day I tried to "undo" the damage with their avocado hair treatment... um... yeah not so much either. I think this may be my last Burt's Bees review, because I can't find any products that I like. Maybe people just want to like these products, but there are much better "natural" products out there and some of them are actually certified organic, which BB's is not.

on 12/16/2007 8:59:00 AM

i needed a all-natural, bio-friendly shampoo for a summer camp where we frequently take "lake showers." maybe the chemicals won't kill the fishies but the scent surely will. this scent is rancid. if you try to sniff it directly, it can bring tears to your eyes and knock you out.
i've used shampoo bars in the past (from LUSH) so i expected the burts bees to lather up as easily. it didn't. after attempting to wash my hair with this nasty stuff, i resorted to sharing my friends' suave shampoo. we were all thankful when i threw the rosemary mint shampoo bar in the garbage.

on 11/3/2007 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received this shampoo bar in one of the sample kits. At the time I was using this, I had short hair. I felt the shampoo bar worked great. My hair felt clean, no residue was left behind, and a lather formed rather quickly.

I am not sure how this would work on long hair. I am guessing that it probably would not work as well. I feel this shampoo bar is more suited for short to medium length hair. The smell was not bad but I feel it could have been stronger.

on 9/7/2007 7:55:00 AM

Finally tried this on my hair. A kind muaer gave me one as an extra. I followed advice to use this on face as a cleanser and it worked fine. But last nigh I decided to try it on its actual purpose: cleansing my hair. It did not lather well, it foamed allright. When I finally stopped rinsing, my hair felt thicker and coarser and it did not need any conditioner. On the morning I wake up with greasy looking hair, which was easy to comb through tho. My hair is in good condition, and it is medium lenght, straight. I would not repurchse, because I am obligated to wear my hair ponytail today, because my hair looks so greasy. If you want a bad hair day to use as an excuse to not to show up in a date, use this shampoo.

on 6/10/2007 5:43:00 PM

as with most of the members here, this shampoo bar left my hair with lots of residue. it says on their website that its suitbale for short to medium length greasy hair, but its not right for me, i think it will work best for those with short normal hair. it has left my hair kinda tangly and dry yet greasy...not a good feel! even with conditioner, hair is still in tangles! i only got this from the sample kit i purchased so the bar wasnt huge, but u can use it for at least a month i guess. i would not repurchase

Popular Shampoos