September 21, 2014 | 1010 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I bought this in attempt to find a cheaper alternative to my Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion. This does not moisturize like the Clinique version does, it has a strong perfume scent which I hate, and it causes my redness to flare up. Also, the packaging is cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by matchamoiselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This toner made me give up on toners in general... I've stopped using toners completely. This toner gave me multiple spots, akin to an allergic reaction. It dried out my skin and irritated it quite badly that I was shocked since the product is supposed to be alcohol-free! These spots and irritated areas stopped and healed over in a couple of days after I stopped using this toner.

I think this toner is quite harsh, so I wouldn't recommend this toner to anyone at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Koala25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is generally clear these days but this product has made my acne flare up again...IMMENSELY! One of the main ingredients in this toner is butylene glycol which has been shown to contribute to breakouts. Shame because I liked the fact that it was alcohol free. I would warn acne sufferers against purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by troo12

This toner was the first alcohol-free toner I've used. Thus, I don't have much to compare it to besides that it is a whole lot better on my face than those with alcohol. It does a great job at cleansing the rest of the scum of my face that my face wash didn't get and this includes cleaning my pores a bit better than they had been. The tone of my face has changed but I'm not sure if it's because of the product or other factors (age, other products). But overall, I have nothing to complain about!
Warning though: Don't squeeze bottle! It comes out way too fast...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

This stuff broke me out neutrogena always breaks me out i dont know why

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't really feel like this does anything for me.

Good:
I do notice on my cotton ball after using it that it takes off what little bit of makeup my face wash may leave behind
Doesn't irritate or dry out my sensitive/combination skin
No offensive smell or stinging sensation, like some toners have
Alcohol-free

Bad:
I just don't really think this is...worth using. It feels sort of like putting water on my face with a cotton ball. I don't think it really makes any impact
The bottle is big but I think it cost me $8 which is sort of ridiculous for toner (IMHO)
Is sort of slow to dry/absorb, as far as toners usually go

Overall: pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by melkarla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would describe this product as really simple. It didn't break me out and I felt like it could easily slip into my regime. :) It made my face feel clean but not super fresh. It didn't make my face feel dry or tight. To be honest I don't know if it really did much. But I think it's really good in a regime that is intense, for acne maybe.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by cindyful

This is the first toner I've ever tried. I've been using it daily for about a week now and it seems to work well so far. My skin is pretty sensitive but there hasn't been any brake outs, redness or burning sensations which is a very good sign for me lol. This is most likely because it's alcohol-free. I would use a cotton pad to apply this toner at night, right after I cleanse my face. I'd say it's fairly good at cleaning any impurities or makeup that my cleanser left behind, and it doesn't leave your skin feeling too tight. There's also a slight scent to it, which I don't mind. I can't compare it to other toners since this is the first one I've tried, but it's most likely an average toner. It does what it claims to do, however it's not exactly a miracle product. I do see some tiny improvements in my skin; for example, my skin has become a little softer and I think my skin is slowly starting to even out. My t-zone is still oily though (I didn't, and still don't, expect that to change!). One bottle will definitely last you a long time, and I will continue to use it. I think this is good if you're looking for a basic toner.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Eread12

I bought this toner after my previous toner began to dry me out around my nose. The alcohol-free boasted to retain moisture, and i guess you can say that it did just that- but too much!

My skin was oily and had a terrible crayon-y smell to it. it was very bizarre. However, this works very well for my mother who doesn't have acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Syuha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never used any toner but heard that it's a good step for a good skin. I was sure to take this when I saw that this is alcohol free. Bought it at SaSa and gave it a try. It is good for someone who have dry skin and prone to acne. It extra cleanse your face and I always use this before wearing make up and after washing my face. I can slowly feel that my skin is getting healthier.