Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

on 1/28/2015 10:49:00 AM

This just doesn't DO anything... If you have acne-prone skin, you definitely need something stronger. If you have clear, nice skin, use natural Witch Hazel which is better for you than this and doesnt contain alcohol. I just dont see the point of this toner, it feels like water..

on 1/16/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this today along with two other Neutrogena products. I am always nervous trying new products because I have pretty sensitive skin and I am always fearing a breakout or irritation. This caused nothing like that! Overall, I am satisfied so far (I have only used it once) so fingers crossed!

on 1/2/2015 12:08:00 AM

I LOVE this toner! I have sensitive skin and was using Clinique's Toner, but did not like the strong alcohol content. Anyways, back to this toner...I call it my floral water. It reminds me of the expensive Dior Facial Water I used to buy. It takes my makeup off and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I have found my new favorite!

on 12/23/2014 1:30:00 AM

I haven't reviewed anyting for ages but my experience with this drove me right back here. After a bed experience with a Nivea sunscreen years ago I broke out in small pimples on my upper left cheek that never really went away. I tried all sorts of remedies and nothing seemed to work for very long. Anyway, 7 years went by and I decided to use a cortisone cream for 7 days. Lo and behold the area cleared up! I was ecstaic and began to use different toners and creams again - until the spots began to return. I 've seen this toner on the shelves for years but decided to give it a go after all the expensive and Paula's Choice toners recommended only added to my spots. I decided to go for chep and basic and it worked. This keeps my skin clear like nothing else. Strongly recommeded.

on 11/19/2014 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have loved Neutrogena products since God knows when (I guess it's not so long ago since I'm only 21. Lol) except the pink grapefruit line, those made me break out so bad.
But THIS toner, I must say, is the answer to my prayer. I just bought it yesterday because I couldn't find any other toner and Oh my gosh when I woke up this morning my subclinical acne and my pores reduced in number! Thus, this review at 9:50 in the morning. I will definitely use this forever or until Neutrogena exists :)

on 11/8/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Given, I haven't tried any other toner before, but this one is a winner!

PROS:
- it does its job and removes all remaining dirt off my face
- makes my face feel super clean

CONS:
- drys my skin out afterwards (since I have super dry skin) so you do have to be quick about moisturizing afterwards

on 8/15/2014 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this toner, it's not amazing but it's also not harsh, which is a serious plus for me. Gets all the excess make up and dirt out of my pores, I can clearly see it on my cotton pad. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and have felt a difference in the softness of my skin. I put it on my face when it's damp and follow up with moisturizer while the toner is also still damp on my skin, absorbs my moisturizer better (I have oily skin.) my only complaint really is the packaging.... It comes out in drips and sometimes there's not enough on my cotton pad, sometimes entirely too much. Other than that, I like it and will repurchase.

on 7/30/2014 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pretty average toner. It's good it's alcohol free and not as irritating as other toners on the market, which is hard to find. The only thing it really does is remove excess makeup/dirt and refreshens the skin. If you want a simple toner that does just that and you have normal-oily skin this is recommended for you. The formula is not hydrating at all and the fragrance is irritating to the sensitive/extremely dry spots on my skin so I wouldn't recommend it to someone with eczema or extremely sensitive skin.

on 7/28/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this inexpensive toner since my teens. It has always kept breakouts at bay, calms redness, and is soothing after cleansing my skin. The bottle is pretty big, usually lasts me about 2 months and I use it 2x a day every day.

on 7/25/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've only been using this for a short time but I've been very happy! I needed something without alcohol that would still remove any remaining dirt/makeup, and this fits the bill. No breakouts, no stinging or tight feeling after using, you can buy it anywhere, and the amount you get for the price makes it very economical. I can detect a very light, perfume-y scent but I think it's very pleasant. The packaging is attractive, I just wish they had a different dispensing lid because the opening on this one is an awkward size - I either get too much or too little product. Not that big of a deal, though.