July 24, 2014 | 1361 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

This stuff broke me out neutrogena always breaks me out i dont know why

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't really feel like this does anything for me.

Good:
I do notice on my cotton ball after using it that it takes off what little bit of makeup my face wash may leave behind
Doesn't irritate or dry out my sensitive/combination skin
No offensive smell or stinging sensation, like some toners have
Alcohol-free

Bad:
I just don't really think this is...worth using. It feels sort of like putting water on my face with a cotton ball. I don't think it really makes any impact
The bottle is big but I think it cost me $8 which is sort of ridiculous for toner (IMHO)
Is sort of slow to dry/absorb, as far as toners usually go

Overall: pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by melkarla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would describe this product as really simple. It didn't break me out and I felt like it could easily slip into my regime. :) It made my face feel clean but not super fresh. It didn't make my face feel dry or tight. To be honest I don't know if it really did much. But I think it's really good in a regime that is intense, for acne maybe.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by cindyful

This is the first toner I've ever tried. I've been using it daily for about a week now and it seems to work well so far. My skin is pretty sensitive but there hasn't been any brake outs, redness or burning sensations which is a very good sign for me lol. This is most likely because it's alcohol-free. I would use a cotton pad to apply this toner at night, right after I cleanse my face. I'd say it's fairly good at cleaning any impurities or makeup that my cleanser left behind, and it doesn't leave your skin feeling too tight. There's also a slight scent to it, which I don't mind. I can't compare it to other toners since this is the first one I've tried, but it's most likely an average toner. It does what it claims to do, however it's not exactly a miracle product. I do see some tiny improvements in my skin; for example, my skin has become a little softer and I think my skin is slowly starting to even out. My t-zone is still oily though (I didn't, and still don't, expect that to change!). One bottle will definitely last you a long time, and I will continue to use it. I think this is good if you're looking for a basic toner.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Eread12

I bought this toner after my previous toner began to dry me out around my nose. The alcohol-free boasted to retain moisture, and i guess you can say that it did just that- but too much!

My skin was oily and had a terrible crayon-y smell to it. it was very bizarre. However, this works very well for my mother who doesn't have acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Syuha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never used any toner but heard that it's a good step for a good skin. I was sure to take this when I saw that this is alcohol free. Bought it at SaSa and gave it a try. It is good for someone who have dry skin and prone to acne. It extra cleanse your face and I always use this before wearing make up and after washing my face. I can slowly feel that my skin is getting healthier.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by maddybbb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very mild, has a very light sent to it and almost feels like you're putting water on a cotton ball and using it on your face, I have really sensative acne prone skin and it doesn't irritate it or break it out, I wash my face a lot of times twice with my cetaphil cleanser and use this toner on a cotton ball and wipe it across my face and you'd be suprised how much dirt and makeup it picks up that you otherwise would have never known was there...leaves my face feeling clean, if you have a bad breakout though you might want to use neutrogenas pore refining toner instead on your acne b/c it's waaaaaay stronger and will dry out your pimples

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by youdecide18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is the best. Since it's alcohol free, it doesn't dry up my face (which could sometimes cause pimples too). This toner removes excess dirt that my cleanser missed. Also, it minimizes my pores. My face just feels clean after using this, and I actually get less pimples after using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I looove this toner! I am so glad I decided to purchase this!
After trying almost every other toner in the drugstore, everything dried out my skin! and broke me out! and then I saw this Neutrogena Alcohol-Free toner and thought, oh this should be good it has no alcohol in it!! and it's more than good!
This toner does everything for my skin. First of all I transfer this into a travel sized spray bottle and spray it on my face and then massage it into my skin with my fingers, because the packaging on this toner kind of sucks..the toner comes out really fast, the hole is quite big unless you use a cotton ball..
Anywho, this toner evens out my skin tone! and keeps my skin clear! I do still break out occasionally but when using this toner my acne pimples go away with 1-2 days! and they're not dry! flaking or peeling or anything, and that's all I'v been using for my acne! AND, you'll love this part: it helps soften fine lines!! I swear I have noticed a difference! my biggest lines are around my mouth and they def. look softer! I'm not kidding. I'm just about in love with this product, I do wish it worked better on my pores but..I have sebaceous filaments so..I'm prob. not the best judge of that.. I think if you use this toner/apply moisturizer afterwards then your pores do look invisible, but if you just leave your skin bare then the toner has nothing to absorb so..it'll leave your/or MY pores looking not so good..but again I do have sebaceous filaments, I think if you have normal blackheads then this will def. help!
It's also not heavy either which I love because I was really nervous about that, some toners make you feel like you have layers and layers of lotion on your face and then they break you out, this one doesn't so I'm really happy about that. For a drugstore product this has def. surprised me and exceeded my expectations.
I also believe with time this will help fade my acne scars, I'm already seeing a slight difference. I will def. continue using this, I'm surprised, usually I find Neutrogena products very harsh on my skin but not this one, this is like the only Neutrogena product that is gentle.

I will def. repurchase this.
Very good value/it's a huge bottle and the way I apply it it'll last me months and months.
Would def. recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by MammaMia18

Anyone who has acne-prone or sensitive skin MUST try this! I've only had it a week and it is already making a noticeable difference on my face. There is only 1 cleansing product that I use on my face daily because my skin is THAT sensitive and breaks out with everything I use, but I am thrilled to say that I now have TWO products that I can trust to clear up my face. I've tried witch hazel and Lancome toners, but both made me break out so giving this a shot was one of the best decisions I have made. No stinging, no strong scent, alcohol free and doesn't strip skin of its natural moisturizers, and gets out all the leftover dirt and makeup in your skin. Pores are visibly smaller!!! MUST BUY.