Kerastase Oleo-Relax Masque

4.4

Aqua (Water), Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis / Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Methylparaben, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cl 47005 (Yellow 10), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

on 9/10/2013 9:17:00 AM

I bought this because I couldn't stand the smell of masquintense, and this supposedly smelled better. Well, I beg to differ. The smell was horrible, and made my hair reek all day. Because it was so expensive, I tried to give it away to a friend but was honest with her about why I wasn't keeping it. She sniffed it and shrieked, "ewww, it smells like urine!" I don't know what the deal is with kerastase products, but most of them smell awful. Any minor results I got weren't worth that.

on 8/19/2013 7:24:00 AM

On my seventh tub - at least. Cannot rate the results this treatment gives highly enough. Yes, it's pricey. But I will always repurchase - forever. A tiny bit goes a loooong way. There are other things I can live without to be able to have the softest silkiest hair this gives every time. Totally transformed after one use I promise!

on 8/14/2013 1:26:00 PM

Waste of money. It only works on the surface of the hair for about a month and does absolutely nothing to repair it, or calm frizz after your hair gets used to it. The smell is too strong and lingers for days. A rather unpleasant smell. My husband didn't stop complaining until I finally ditched it when I realized it doesn't work.

on 7/23/2013 1:02:00 PM

Picked mine up at Nordstrom Rack. I have dry, color treated (30% gray), thick, wavy, very frizzy hair. There are no instructions on the jar or box so my friend told me how to apply and it made all of the difference. Shampoo and lightly towel dry to remove excess water. Emulsify in palms - be generous and apply to your hair in sections. Leave in for 30 minutes to an hour in a shower cap. Rinse with warm water. I cannot praise this product enough. It truly is nectar for dry hair. The KEY to locking in the moisture and shine with this masque is to dry and flat iron your hair! Almost like a BB, you need to lock the product in! If your hair air drys, you might think the masque didn't work. For me, I have to use heat to seal in the 3 oils in the product. My hair has been miraculously transformed, and I use this weekly. The health, condition, and shine is my hair is unbelievable. HG product that I cannot live without.

on 5/17/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a pretty good mask - not quite heavy enough for my dry, thick, coarse hair to really call it a mask, but doable as a regular conditioner. The packaging is mediocre, as with all these tub masks, but it lasts a long time even with weekly use. It doesn't suck all the moisture out of my scalp, either, like many conditioners with alcohol.

It's not my perfect hair masque as far as performance, but the reason I've purchased this again and again is the scent. It's the most perfect, classic, fresh rose scent and it just screams summertime. For some reason, the Oleo Relax Masque has the perfect scent mojo for my hair -- the odor isn't too heavy, like I find a lot of other Kerastase products to be, but it lasts for a couple days after I use it. Just a perfect whiff of clean, flowery happiness that doesn't knock you over with overwhelming scent or disappear after you rinse it out.

I've tried a couple of other Kerastase masques and the Elixir Ultime, but find the scents too heavy for hot weather. Nice in winter, if I'm not wearing other perfume, but nothing beats the Oleo Relax!

on 5/10/2013 11:19:00 PM

WOW, this stuff delivers! My overprocessed, frizzy, aging hair loves it. I scored this as a clearance item and was very weary due to the cost but I can happily say it is totally worth it!

As soon as I use a small amount of this stuff, it conditions, untangles and changes the texture of the frizzy top layer of my hair. I used this on my daughters curly, chlorine effected hair and was able to comb through it easily - nothing has ever had that effect!

on 4/6/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This hair masque does an awesome job of getting rid of frizz and making my hair very soft and shiny. This and the Kerastase Masquintense for thick hair masque are my favorite hair masques. The Oleo-Relax masque has a nice rose scent. I shampoo my hair, towel dry it, leave this product on for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse it out. I highly recommend this masque.

on 1/19/2013 3:12:00 PM

Hm I'm sorry to say, but I was quite disappointed by this masque. I love the shampoo and the serum of this line, so I decided to buy the big bottle of this treatment as well. It makes my hair a little softer and smells divine, but my hair felt also a little dry and was hard to comb through (it was not when I only used the shampoo and the serum!) so in the end it made my hair worse than without the masque. It felt somehow coated- maybe due to the potato starch in it. No idea. Its a pity because I love the scent but I will definitely not repurchase!

on 12/9/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this masque! It is like nectar to my hair. It makes it soft and shiny, just the way I want it! Nothing left of dryness, it is very moisturizing! And it smells superb!

on 11/20/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

The best for truly rebellious hair. Nothing is as effective to control the big poofy into sleek and silky. Its expensive, but it works.

Top Rated Kerastase Products