April 20, 2014 | 1898 users online

Treatments - Kerastase - Masque Oleo-Relax

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this masque! It is like nectar to my hair. It makes it soft and shiny, just the way I want it! Nothing left of dryness, it is very moisturizing! And it smells superb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best for truly rebellious hair. Nothing is as effective to control the big poofy into sleek and silky. Its expensive, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product! Rinsing this mask out is like petting a puppy, silky softness overload!! haha. Anyway to the point, it is an effective mask, but with a 'luxurious' price tag.

Maybe a cheaper natural alternative may be simply jojoba oil as overnight treatment, my hair feels softer and less frizzy when I shampoo it out the next morning, similar to the results from using the Kerastase mask.

I use to obey the instructions, until I found I didn't have time for 2 showers and was using the product less frequently. Instead, I now shampoo normally in the shower then apply the treatment and shower cap it for as long as I can, usually 5 to 10 mins doing other things like cleansing/shaving then rinse, same great results as obeying instructions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I forgot how much I love this - it was one of my staples, but then I went travelling for 8 months and never really got back into using it. I picked it up again a few days ago and remembered why I loved it so much. It makes my hair smooth and soft like few other masques ever have, and even in a hard water area, it doesn't weigh my hair down. Even now, 2 days later, after washing again, my hair is still smooth and soft, which I attribute to this masque. Definitely try this if you have thick dry hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Pi89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works great for my hair and is also the first hair mask that im really satisfied about.
My hair is fine and tangles very easily, when
I apply this I detangle it in the shower with my fingers and it leaves my hair very smooth and anti-frizz.
I put the mask everywhere on my hair except on the roots since my scalp tends to get greasy very easily, I do this also with every conditioner and mask that I use.
A little goes a long way, I've been using this for 4 months now (2times/week) and 80% of the package is left.
The con with this product is that its pricey, but since it lasts long its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by junglegirl004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best thing for my long dry hair. I prefer 100% natural stuff but you need a bit more technology to deal with dry hair! I could shovel this on every 3rd day and it wouldn't get too heavy, and yet it has a penetrating effect which makes me want to eat my soft glossy hair afterwards... A lovely subtle sweet-ish smell too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Oleo-Relax line is my HG hair regime. I have very very long, fine, wavy hair, so my main problems are frizziness and dry ends. I never thought I'd find a product that would make so much of a difference in the quality of my hair. It tightens curls, almost completely smooths frizz (= mega shine), and softens ends. All without reducing volume. I comb the masque through in the shower and then I don't even need to re-comb it before I leave the house. I could not give this a higher rating. One bottle of the conditioner lasts me for about 1 month.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by emmaapple96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I signed up to here, because I really don't understand how this has gotten so many amazing reviews and I had to share my not so amazing experience. I purchased this because of the great reviews on here but I followed all the instructions (clean hair, towel dry it, apply to hair, wait, then wash out and wasn't very impressed. My very thick hair seemed just as frizzy and fluffy as before, if not, there were more frizzies than usual on the top of my head. I guess if you were looking for something to soften your hair, its really good, but to tame fluff and frizz, I didn't really see results. Mind you, I have only used this once, and will continue to use it because it is so bloody expensive, but the packaging is quite nice and fits a fair bit inside. Overall, I think I'll be sticking to the cheaper brands from now on

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mask makes my hair INCREDIBLY shiny,smooth,straight and manageable.This is the best mask I have ever tried and find the results truly worth the $. Only thing I do not like is the strong scent which seems to linger a bit. Oleo line is HG for my long heavily highlighted hair

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After eyeing Kerastase products for so long, I finally managed to get my hands on the Oleo-Relax masque. Up 'til now I've been a long-time devotee to L'oreal Professionel (which is great, and quite inexpensive). My hairdresser was having a closing down sale, so I managed to pick up a 75mL travel size tub for only $12 AUD.

Having used it for about 2 weeks now, all I can say is that I am beyond gobsmacked as to what it's done for my hair. I can't stop touching and smelling my hair! It's so straight, smooth and shiny. For the first time in my life I feel like I can leave home, walk out for hours and not feel the compulsion to run a hairbrush through my hair to get that "just brushed" look. Because it looks perfect. And the even bigger shock is... it still looks perfect even 48hrs after I've washed my hair :O :O :O

UPDATE: It's now been about 2 years since I discovered this product, and it's still my holy grail of holy grail beauty products. Out of every product I give 5 stars too, this is the only one I absolutely cannot live without. For 2 years, I've had only good hair days, and I've never had to brush my hair. Ever. It just looks damn good all the time.

UPDATE 10/2/14: It's been 3.5 years now. 3.5 years of compliments on how nice my hair looks.

I realised in the original review I wasn't clear on how I used this product. I use it instead of a conditioner. I dip my fingers into the pot and take out the tiniest amount (because that's all you need), distribute it throughout my hair and the immediately rinse off. People think masques work better if they're left to soak in, but honestly, I don't think it's really necessary. A jar of this will last a whole year (using it once every two days).

As another reviewer mentioned, this doesn't contain any protein, so if you have damaged hair, you will need to alternate this with something that does have protein. My hair is so ridiculously easily damaged. I coloured it 3 times last year, so now I have to use the Masque Force Architecte once a week along with Ciment Thermique every day. However, only on the days I don't use Masque Oleo Relax my hair just does not feel the same. It really is the most wonderful miracle product ever.