October 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by SarahGrace

Picked mine up at Nordstrom Rack. I have dry, color treated (30% gray), thick, wavy, very frizzy hair. There are no instructions on the jar or box so my friend told me how to apply and it made all of the difference. Shampoo and lightly towel dry to remove excess water. Emulsify in palms - be generous and apply to your hair in sections. Leave in for 30 minutes to an hour in a shower cap. Rinse with warm water. I cannot praise this product enough. It truly is nectar for dry hair. The KEY to locking in the moisture and shine with this masque is to dry and flat iron your hair! Almost like a BB, you need to lock the product in! If your hair air drys, you might think the masque didn't work. For me, I have to use heat to seal in the 3 oils in the product. My hair has been miraculously transformed, and I use this weekly. The health, condition, and shine is my hair is unbelievable. HG product that I cannot live without.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good mask - not quite heavy enough for my dry, thick, coarse hair to really call it a mask, but doable as a regular conditioner. The packaging is mediocre, as with all these tub masks, but it lasts a long time even with weekly use. It doesn't suck all the moisture out of my scalp, either, like many conditioners with alcohol.

It's not my perfect hair masque as far as performance, but the reason I've purchased this again and again is the scent. It's the most perfect, classic, fresh rose scent and it just screams summertime. For some reason, the Oleo Relax Masque has the perfect scent mojo for my hair -- the odor isn't too heavy, like I find a lot of other Kerastase products to be, but it lasts for a couple days after I use it. Just a perfect whiff of clean, flowery happiness that doesn't knock you over with overwhelming scent or disappear after you rinse it out.

I've tried a couple of other Kerastase masques and the Elixir Ultime, but find the scents too heavy for hot weather. Nice in winter, if I'm not wearing other perfume, but nothing beats the Oleo Relax!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Terese4444

WOW, this stuff delivers! My overprocessed, frizzy, aging hair loves it. I scored this as a clearance item and was very weary due to the cost but I can happily say it is totally worth it!

As soon as I use a small amount of this stuff, it conditions, untangles and changes the texture of the frizzy top layer of my hair. I used this on my daughters curly, chlorine effected hair and was able to comb through it easily - nothing has ever had that effect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by starling21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This hair masque does an awesome job of getting rid of frizz and making my hair very soft and shiny. This and the Kerastase Masquintense for thick hair masque are my favorite hair masques. The Oleo-Relax masque has a nice rose scent. I shampoo my hair, towel dry it, leave this product on for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse it out. I highly recommend this masque.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Candence

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hm I'm sorry to say, but I was quite disappointed by this masque. I love the shampoo and the serum of this line, so I decided to buy the big bottle of this treatment as well. It makes my hair a little softer and smells divine, but my hair felt also a little dry and was hard to comb through (it was not when I only used the shampoo and the serum!) so in the end it made my hair worse than without the masque. It felt somehow coated- maybe due to the potato starch in it. No idea. Its a pity because I love the scent but I will definitely not repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this masque! It is like nectar to my hair. It makes it soft and shiny, just the way I want it! Nothing left of dryness, it is very moisturizing! And it smells superb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best for truly rebellious hair. Nothing is as effective to control the big poofy into sleek and silky. Its expensive, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product! Rinsing this mask out is like petting a puppy, silky softness overload!! haha. Anyway to the point, it is an effective mask, but with a 'luxurious' price tag.

Maybe a cheaper natural alternative may be simply jojoba oil as overnight treatment, my hair feels softer and less frizzy when I shampoo it out the next morning, similar to the results from using the Kerastase mask.

I use to obey the instructions, until I found I didn't have time for 2 showers and was using the product less frequently. Instead, I now shampoo normally in the shower then apply the treatment and shower cap it for as long as I can, usually 5 to 10 mins doing other things like cleansing/shaving then rinse, same great results as obeying instructions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I forgot how much I love this - it was one of my staples, but then I went travelling for 8 months and never really got back into using it. I picked it up again a few days ago and remembered why I loved it so much. It makes my hair smooth and soft like few other masques ever have, and even in a hard water area, it doesn't weigh my hair down. Even now, 2 days later, after washing again, my hair is still smooth and soft, which I attribute to this masque. Definitely try this if you have thick dry hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Pi89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works great for my hair and is also the first hair mask that im really satisfied about.
My hair is fine and tangles very easily, when
I apply this I detangle it in the shower with my fingers and it leaves my hair very smooth and anti-frizz.
I put the mask everywhere on my hair except on the roots since my scalp tends to get greasy very easily, I do this also with every conditioner and mask that I use.
A little goes a long way, I've been using this for 4 months now (2times/week) and 80% of the package is left.
The con with this product is that its pricey, but since it lasts long its worth it.