December 20, 2014 | 975 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by marileab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I live in a very dry climate and the winter is harsh on my lips. I also love lemon scented and flavored things, so I bought the sweet lemon lip butter. I do like the scent. However, this isn't moisturizing enough for my lips, and it doesn't seem to last long. I am constantly reapplying it.

I am also not a huge fan of the packaging: I tend to prefer things in tubes. But I really wanted to try this. I am glad I did, but I will not repurchase. I'll also probably save the rest for late spring or summer, when I don't need so much moisture for my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Belle145

I have to say I really don't understand where the bad reviews on this product are coming from. I absolutely ADORE this product and I've repurchased it countless times! It's the most moisturising lip conditioning treatment I've ever tried and I can't imagine living without it. The scent to these are very strong which I love and I always think that they leave a slight taste behind as well. These lip butters are the only product which can save my lips from drying lipsticks or the winter weather. Can't recommend this enough!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Body Shop, you're doing it all wrong. How dare you charge me $5 or so on this useless bacteria breeding bowl that not only doesn't moisturizes my lips, but goes above and beyond to DRY OUT my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Daladoir

I bought this in the limited edition Chocomania flavour and I LOVE it. The stuff is smooth, creamy, and does a decent job at moisturizing my lips (although to be fair, they aren't seriously chapped). The smell is also divine. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought this in Sweet Lemon. It looks creamy, smells and tastes delicious, but really is completely useless. No hydrating properties whatsoever, my lips got drier and drier, and it left the most vile white residue on my lips (which, juxtaposed against my South Asian skin, makes me look positively diseased).

I would not recommend this to anyone. There are so many better alternatives available, for a fraction of the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

Just awful! Not only did it turn my lips white it actually dried them out!! The packaging is really cute but after a few days in my bag the rim and the lid is super messy and sticky with the product, not very hygienic! I so wanna love these because I use the body butters all the time but these have got to be the worst lip product I've ever encountered.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by valeriehughes24

Available in a wide variety of delicious scents, The Body Shop's lip butter is a solid contender in the fight against chapped lips. The incredibly thick, creamy texture is very soothing and reminds me more of a lotion than a traditional lip balm. The wear time is nothing extraordinary, but the product does leave my pout soft and conditioned for a couple of hours after application. The major drawback of this item is that it's not completely transparent. You have to be careful to blend the butter into your skin entirely or you'll be left with an awkward white film coating your lips.

The Bottom Line: Great for conditioning lips as long as you remember to blend thoroughly

Read more at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com/

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by nileena

Normally, I dont do reviews, but this lip butter changed my mind. I thought the EOS lip butters won the worst lip balm award in my personal beauty product oscars, but after trying these Body Shop lip balms, I change my mind and have decided to snatch it right from EOS and hand it to TBS.
I bought the Guarana Berry flavor after testing it in the store. Yes, it looks cute, smells good and even tastes good. But now after religiously applying it continuously for two days, my previously smooth and unchapped lips have declared war on the rest of my face. They are totally chapped, dried out, red and raw. I can almost hear the cute EOS spheres laughing in my little bottom drawer...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have so many lip balms that if I reviewed them all on here I would spend hours doing it. So I've decided to just write reviews for balms I find absolutely amazing, unusual, or awful. These fall into the last category. I like the scents and like the idea of a butter, but the gritty texture totally ruins this. And even if it didn't, they don't have the creamy texture that sinks into my lips when I think "butter". Don't be fooled by these, please! They're too expensive and you'll end up spending your money on other treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by mimicosmetics

I don't know why these got such horrible reviews but I really like them imo. The Shea butter one is just wonderful. I use this during the nighttime so I don't care for the slightly white cast it leaves on your lips. It's not that bad anyways, kinda nudens your lips. The smell is great, like real shea butter. The moisture is gives is pretty decent, I wake up with not greasy, not dry, but moisturized lips. Keeps them from chapping, and repairs the chapping if I have any. It lasts a long time but I hate the pot packaging. I understand its a butter but cmon' put it in a squeeze tube or something?