July 31, 2014 | 1495 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - 1 1/2 inch Hot Air Curling Iron and Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by flynn9090

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so disappointed in this product. It does not heat up at all. I hated it. It was worthless for my hair. This product did not curl my hair. It left it poofy and gross. Thank goodness I can still return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2006 8:37:00 PM More reviews by northbynw

The air on this iron is REALLY weak and room temperature. It took forever to dry my hair and was really frizzy afterwards. I think it may work for people with straight-ish, silky type hair, but it was useless for my curly, coarse hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by gingery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is an HG for me. I'm clumsy with a brush and blowdryer, but this gives me quick and easy results. I usually use a regular dryer to get most of the moisture out and then use this to shape my hair. Sometimes if I really need my style to last 10+ hours, I'll set my hair in velcro rollers when the section is still hot from the dryer and let cool, which will make the style last all day. I use this every day and have had it for at least 3 years and it's still going strong (I probably paid about $30 for it) so I consider it a pretty good value compared to all the $100+ stying irons out there). For the record, I have medium-thickness, straight, layered hair and sideswept bangs that varies from shoulder length to about 4 inches longer. I'm prone to flatness and am on a continuous quest for lasting volume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gave me hair that was sooo smooth, and nicely turned under/wavy without having to use a lot of product. And my hair didn't get stuck in the brush. But the blow-drying function is very weak. With all my hair, it wouldn't be practical for use right out of the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ilima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ladies who are round-brush impaired, this is the hair styling tool for you! Everytime I get my hair cut the stylist ends up giving me a style that requires me to dry my hair with a round brush and I'm just not coordinated enough. This product gives me the same effect and it's so incredibly easy to use. I'm taking off one lippie because the hot air flow isn't very strong, so it takes a LONG time if your hair is only towel dried, but I still love this thing! It's made styling my hair infinitely easier!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by g_ancheta

Just bought this recently, and used it on my hair today...love it. I have fine hair. I first use Big Sexy Hairspray on my wet/damp hair, then I use the Conair, after all this it gives me the volume that i need. What I love most about this, it is a 2-in-1 deal: blowdryer and curling iron all in ONE.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by smile_and_wave

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the blue, ceramic one--love it. Everything everyone else said, but I'll add that I'm a spaz who cannot do my own hair. Untill now. YAY!!!!!

My biggest fear is that this thing will break and I won't be able to get another...maybe I should stock pile them in the basement?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 12:07:00 AM More reviews by agirlnamedagnes

i'm speechless. i have thick, frizzy, unmanagable hair. my routine for years has been, wash, dry (with a very strong blow dryer) for 20 mins and then flat iron the heck out of my hair for another 20 minutes. since stick straight hair seems to be going out of style, i wanted to try a natural looking wavy style. nothing seemed to work for me. i tried hot rollers, dryers, various curling irons etc. i was very skeptical of this iron because my hair needs VERY hot strong tools to get the frizz out. when i got this, i turned it on and it didnt seem as hot as my blow dryer. when my hair was 80% dry, i proceded to "curl" and dry my hair. within 15 minutes i had silky, SHINY beautiful wavy hair. i'm utterly speechless. i love this! btw, i haven't tried out the curling iron piece. i've been useing the brush attatchment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2004 2:04:00 PM More reviews by yoshio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered this based on other reviews and have to say this is an outstanding hair appliance. It really smooths my hair, adds body and shine and is easy to use. At first I really like the curling iron attachment but now I find myself using the curling brush attachment more. While the flow of air isn't terribly strong it is more than adequate. I was concerned that it would be underpowered but it works great. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 8:41:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

I don't have a Conair, but I have the WAHL Ionic Hot Air Brush. This thing is the best styling tool I've ever used. It actually comes with 3 attachments (a round brush/iron, a straightening brush/iron, and just an end attachment to direct the air flow). I just use the round brush attachment... it works great on my layered shoulder length hair, styling and drying at the same time!!! This saves me about 10 minutes of styling in the morning - it only takes me about 15 minutes. It beats fumbling around with a separate round brush and a hairdryer. I'd recommend this to anyone who is less coordinated when styling their hair! Pretty cheap too - I think I paid $17 at Wal-Mart.