July 22, 2014 | 1104 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Crimper/shiner/straightener/waver

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by heycutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This iron sucks. The plates always fall out burning my hands and it didnt do anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by lub1na

SUCKKKKKS.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by hockeyprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

yep this thing sucks, the only thing thatworks good is the waver on it, i luv the waver plates but thats about all

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This was my second straightner from conair, the first being the steam one. Both were so lame. This one wont straighten unless your hair IS straight and you just wanna smooth is out. Other than that a great waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by PlNKdiamond

this was my first styling tool when i was 16 and all it did was fry and poof up my then smooth and shiny virgin hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by dudeitsrenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No!! Stay away from this thing. Don't buy it for yourself, don't buy it for your 11-year old daughter, don't buy it for your nieces or granddaughters or grandmothers or friends or even your dog. It is horrible. The crimper does not crimp, it turns hair into a humungous lion mane! The waver does more of a crimp job, but you end up with lots of little seamlines everywhere. The straightener fries your hair as if it were bacon, and I don't even know what the "shiner" is for.. It's just felt glued to another straight panel! This is horrible for your hair and doesn't do a good job. Run, run, as fast as you can!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by pureblonde813

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this when i was like 10 thinking it would straighten my hair. wrong!!!! it did nothing but fry, fry, fry. buya remington wet2straight straightener, they're cheap, but they work wonders

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2006 5:56:00 AM More reviews by blondemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this thing a long, long time ago. Can't even remember how long ago it was (possibly 5 years). Anyway, I pretty much agree with everyone else. The "wave" feature makes my hair look like a total fro, although I've gotten compliments on my hair after using it (why, I couldn't really tell you). I used the small "crimper" attachment a few times, but found that it didn't do a very good job. I really had to press for it to leave a crimp imprint on my hair--so much so that my hands would hurt after using it Also, it leaves a "crease" line between sections of crimped hair. Also, I don't think I ever even tried that the attachment that looks like it has little dots on it (what the frick is it anyway?!?) or the "straightener" attachment (looks like such a joke that I wouldn't even waste my time trying to dink with it). Overall, I don't like this product very much, if at all. It's incredibly clunky and awkward which makes it really difficult to reach the hair at the scalp. I don't think any of the attachments are particularly good. I give it a big thumbs down.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2005 9:33:00 PM More reviews by littlemisspriss05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave it a 3 because well the curling and crimping works prett good but the straightner?! haha what a joke?!?! i would not recommend or re buy although its sad because this gives the brand Conair a bad rep........tisk tisk! lol

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by MirandaLeigh

This is the very first product I ever bought from Conair and it was the last. I listed the price as five because I can't believe they put it on the market to begin with. I have mainly straight hair that waves in some areas and even then this *thing* couldn't straighten my hair without at least ten passes and it made my hair dry and brittle looking. It never did make it completely straight. I wont get started on the other features because I don't feel like writing an essay. I'll just say they don't work.