December 20, 2014 | 1201 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

I have it in light/medium which is more yellow toned than the lighter shades. It's great for the under eyes, but make sure you have a good moisturizer and warm up the concealer first. I like this concealer more during the warmer months. I use a pointed foundational brush or a short duo fiber brush to blend it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

7-22-14 Edit: Had to drop lippies as this was making my break out. I don't know if its the product itself or the way I had to dip into a pot to get the concealer out which is pretty unsanitary, but I started to get some breakouts from this and when I stopped they went away. Too bad because the finish I got from this was so nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by thebeeskneess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am NC 35 and this has been my HG concealer for the last 2 years - I use the shade "medium". I predominately use it for covering acne and acne scars. I sometimes use it for under-eyes but I think it works better for acne as it is THICK with full/medium coverage, thus may settle into lines, but luckily this is not a problem I have to deal with. I find it applies best with fingers to warm up and melt the product so it applies smoothly.

PROS:
-I have been using this concealer pretty much every other day for the last 2 years and I am only just about finishing it. There is ALOT of product which makes it good value for money IMO.
-The colour is a fantastic match for my skin tone and does a very good job of covering my acne.

CONS:
- This has been stated many times but the packaging is poo. Like many people, my lid broke early on and the packaging looks like cheap.
- This product does transfer if you accidentally brush your face against something white, or perhaps that is just because I apply so much product. The product is quite an oily texture which makes it thick and good coverage, but may look greasy to others so it requires a setting powder.

Overall I love this concealer and have been faithful to it for the last 2 years. I have heard that it is a dupe of the MAC studio finish concealer, so now that I am finished with this concealer, I am going to try that one next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by hellomorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in medium shade. The texture is solid, lil' bit dry, and near full coverage IMO. I used this for my brow bone, and near my nose. I love how it covered my uprooted eyebrow hair on my brow bone, and giving my eyebrow a nice shape definition. I dont like using this on my under eye, cuz I noticed that it make me crease after an hour or more. Oh and sadly the packaging is so crap, mine is already cracked. Wish it'll be okay until it's run out :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This has become my new favorite concealer. This looks less chalky than the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (which has been a staple for me for a while now), and blends easily into the skin. It does not settle into fine lines and does not migrate. It lasts all day and does not get drier over the course of the day as do some concealers. It is, in short, perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by debpeters

Yuck. just YUCK. The most awful concealer i have ever used in my entire life. I've used concealers that cost less than HALF of what this did and did a WAY better job. It's the same prices as the Mac studio finish concealer and doesnt even come close to being as good. It's greasy, and cakes almost immediately and looks crack-y if you powder it. Creases like you wouldnt even imagine, and the shades come off lighter on your face than it does in the pot. Never touching this again, and i'm so disappointed because TheBalm is such a great brand. They def need to up their concealer game. No bueno.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Tabatta

I like this concealer, it is quite efficient on my darkcircles, and it blends well. A little bit goes a long way. I like the fact that it's very easy to work with, because it melts on your skin. The only thing I regret, which is why it doesn't deserve 5/5 according to me, it's that it goes into my fine lines (I'm 20 so I don't have a lot of them, but anyway). I apply it, and five minuts later, I have so smooth it again to avoid this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Packaging FAIL! But nearly perfect otherwise. My container broke after about a week, but I just scooped out the concealer and put it in a travel container. I had to throw mine out earlier this week because I'd had it for well over a year and the travel container broke, but I miss having this concealer! It's brilliant! You need so little for amazing coverage and it blends like a dream. Shade selection is pretty good. I'm usually the palest shade in everything but they have a shade that's too light even for me! Super thick, and you need the tiniest amount on your concealer brush for amazing coverage. I even used a lip brush for covering spots and then just blended the product with my finger and it was perfect. A bit more than I would typically spend on concealer, but you need so little that it will last for a long long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by vaka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I am using it under the eyes and around my nose. It's creamy and melts into a liquidy spreadable texture if you rub it between your fingers and dab it on. I find it easier to apply than many other formulas I have tried. It's not the highest coverage concealer I've ever used, more like Medium-Full coverage. My eye area gets dehydrated easily, but I don't find this drying at all. I have not used it for concealing acne or other marks, so I can't speak to how well it would work for that purpose

This concealer comes in a simple plastic pot with screw-on lid, like a mineral makeup eye shadow jar with no sifter. I'm fine with simple packaging and actually like this, but if you enjoy luxe packaging, you might miss that with this product. The price was great. TheBalm is on hautelook and overstock.com often enough that you can probably buy it for what you would pay for a drugstore concealer.

I'm NC15 and use the shade Lighter Than Light.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's marketed as an undereye concealer, but it's a little prone to creasing - I actually bought this to cover acne scars and blemishes. I actually prefer it to the Liquid TimeBalm concealer, just because it seems to cover better without making my skin worse and I didn't notice huge acne-clearing benefits from Liquid TimeBalm.

I opted for the slightly more yellow undertoned Light/Medium even though I am pretty pale right now, because I noticed that it wasn't much darker than the pink-toned Light. I threw out the sponge that comes with it (it really is useless) and opt to just warm it up with clean fingertips and dab onto spots. This concealer covers reasonably well and blends out seamlessly for me. I always finish with a mattifying powder so that the concealer is set and doesn't rub off.

I notice sometimes if my skin is a little dryer than usual that it can accentuate a flakey look, so I don't think I would recommend this to someone who is extremely dry unless they exfoliate as needed and take care to moisturize/prime before application.