TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 8/9/2014 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I guess this is your typical "love it or hate it" kind of product. I happen to really love it now. When i first started using it (had to replace it with my Bobbi Brown concealer, as it ran out), i disliked that it was too matte, and give off a very "i have under eye concealer on" look, as compared to the rest of my face, until i paired it with my BB cream, which has a dewy finish. (I also realized that i was using too much product before)

Just a tip for normal or combination skin girls, light dust loose/mattifying powder before dewy-finish foundation/BB cream (after skincare routine), to off-set the dewy-ness (some korean BB cream tends to give a "i'm oily and need to bloat soon" rather than a fresh well-rested look. Trust me, it works wonders. Followed by concealer and then seal off with another dusting of powder, my ELF mineral booster in sheer works very well.

It's a med-full coverage product, works well to cover my very dark under eye circles and i personally feel it has some color correcting properties.

I hate the packaging, as with time, the cheap plastic case will start cracking. I havent found a perfect way to depot it, but i have also yet to find a better under eye concealer for my skin. So i use a layer of moisturizer to keep it moist, and wipe that layer off when i need to use it, it is kind of a waste of my moisturizer, but i dont mind.

on 7/10/2014 2:17:00 PM

I purchased this product for half price on hautelook.com in the shade Light. I apply it first with my finger and then stippling with a damp beautyblender.

The color in the pot is darker than it actually looks when applied.

I applied this at 8am; it's almost 3pm and very minimal creasing and settling into fine lines.

Really happy with this product!

on 7/8/2014 4:17:00 AM

I have it in light/medium which is more yellow toned than the lighter shades. It's great for the under eyes, but make sure you have a good moisturizer and warm up the concealer first. I like this concealer more during the warmer months. I use a pointed foundational brush or a short duo fiber brush to blend it out.

on 6/17/2014 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

7-22-14 Edit: Had to drop lippies as this was making my break out. I don't know if its the product itself or the way I had to dip into a pot to get the concealer out which is pretty unsanitary, but I started to get some breakouts from this and when I stopped they went away. Too bad because the finish I got from this was so nice.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am NC 35 and this has been my HG concealer for the last 2 years - I use the shade "medium". I predominately use it for covering acne and acne scars. I sometimes use it for under-eyes but I think it works better for acne as it is THICK with full/medium coverage, thus may settle into lines, but luckily this is not a problem I have to deal with. I find it applies best with fingers to warm up and melt the product so it applies smoothly.

PROS:
-I have been using this concealer pretty much every other day for the last 2 years and I am only just about finishing it. There is ALOT of product which makes it good value for money IMO.
-The colour is a fantastic match for my skin tone and does a very good job of covering my acne.

CONS:
- This has been stated many times but the packaging is poo. Like many people, my lid broke early on and the packaging looks like cheap.
- This product does transfer if you accidentally brush your face against something white, or perhaps that is just because I apply so much product. The product is quite an oily texture which makes it thick and good coverage, but may look greasy to others so it requires a setting powder.

Overall I love this concealer and have been faithful to it for the last 2 years. I have heard that it is a dupe of the MAC studio finish concealer, so now that I am finished with this concealer, I am going to try that one next.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in medium shade. The texture is solid, lil' bit dry, and near full coverage IMO. I used this for my brow bone, and near my nose. I love how it covered my uprooted eyebrow hair on my brow bone, and giving my eyebrow a nice shape definition. I dont like using this on my under eye, cuz I noticed that it make me crease after an hour or more. Oh and sadly the packaging is so crap, mine is already cracked. Wish it'll be okay until it's run out :p

on 4/19/2014 5:44:00 PM

This has become my new favorite concealer. This looks less chalky than the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (which has been a staple for me for a while now), and blends easily into the skin. It does not settle into fine lines and does not migrate. It lasts all day and does not get drier over the course of the day as do some concealers. It is, in short, perfect.

on 4/17/2014 3:56:00 PM

Yuck. just YUCK. The most awful concealer i have ever used in my entire life. I've used concealers that cost less than HALF of what this did and did a WAY better job. It's the same prices as the Mac studio finish concealer and doesnt even come close to being as good. It's greasy, and cakes almost immediately and looks crack-y if you powder it. Creases like you wouldnt even imagine, and the shades come off lighter on your face than it does in the pot. Never touching this again, and i'm so disappointed because TheBalm is such a great brand. They def need to up their concealer game. No bueno.

on 4/17/2014 11:28:00 AM

I like this concealer, it is quite efficient on my darkcircles, and it blends well. A little bit goes a long way. I like the fact that it's very easy to work with, because it melts on your skin. The only thing I regret, which is why it doesn't deserve 5/5 according to me, it's that it goes into my fine lines (I'm 20 so I don't have a lot of them, but anyway). I apply it, and five minuts later, I have so smooth it again to avoid this.

on 4/13/2014 9:59:00 AM

Packaging FAIL! But nearly perfect otherwise. My container broke after about a week, but I just scooped out the concealer and put it in a travel container. I had to throw mine out earlier this week because I'd had it for well over a year and the travel container broke, but I miss having this concealer! It's brilliant! You need so little for amazing coverage and it blends like a dream. Shade selection is pretty good. I'm usually the palest shade in everything but they have a shade that's too light even for me! Super thick, and you need the tiniest amount on your concealer brush for amazing coverage. I even used a lip brush for covering spots and then just blended the product with my finger and it was perfect. A bit more than I would typically spend on concealer, but you need so little that it will last for a long long time.

Top Rated TheBalm Products