October 25, 2014 | 1241 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Daily Exfoliating Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by kametotsuru

I love this product. It's kind of expensive, but definitely worth it. This cream really cleans my skin and leaves it looking refreshed and feeling soft. This in conjuction with Dr. Hauschka skin care products has really helped my skin to improve tremendously. I used to break out a lot, but now when I do get a pimple, it goes away very quickly or just dries out and falls off. I've used many different products and have decided to switch to natural products that contain no parabens. I think there is a huge difference in quality and care. I feel like I'm really taking care of my skin and pampering it rather than feeling like i'm just washing and going. My skin has calmed down so much and I'm surprised to see that my skin is not irritated at all. My pigmentation from acne scars are going away and my pores are a lot tighter. I've even stopped squeezing my nose to extract blackheads because they aren't there anymore. It's weird, but great. One more thing, I apply a warm compress before and after using this product. I think the compress helps to further clean my skin. The process can be a bit time consuming, but it's definitely worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by quarterblanket

I really wanted to like this because it is organic and so highly recommended. I've tried it repeatedly, and I'm pretty sure it makes me break out a bit. I have sensitive oily acne prone skin (fun!) and though this face wash makes the non-broken out parts of my face look nice, it also irritates existing pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Aisukurimu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm still not sure how this product works, but it just does! It cleanses without drying, leaving your skins clean but not at all dry. At first I was put off by both the cleanser itself and the instructions, which I never ended up following. The cleanser is a thick, chunky creme made up of what appears to be oatmeal and perhaps almonds (correct me if I'm wrong here). The smell is quite pleasant and 'natural'. But the directions to 'press on face' just seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I usually mix a small amount in the palm of my hand with some warm water, then use like an ordinary scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by siata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is excellent. The only exfoliating product that I can use every day and that absolutely does not dry my skin out. It contains (so they claim) only natural products and lots of essential oils. I personally do love the smell. It made a huge difference to my skin. It cleared the breakouts that I used to have regularly and even the blocked pores are almost gone (which is in itself a miracle, I've always, always had blocked pores and despaired to get rid of them). The texture of the product is not creamy, because it has oatmeal in it, so it's more like porridge. It does not need to be rubbed on the skin. I find it's best to use after showering, when the skin is all warm and the pores opened up. It leaves a pleasant feeling on the skin, moisturised and fresh. One small thing that disappointed me was the packaging: the product comes in an aluminium tube and at the end it gets hard to squeeze the rest of the product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by victoriavef

After reading the comments, I decided to buy the face wash. I actually love this product. My face feels so soft and clean after using it and it does not irritate my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2007 9:46:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Initially I thought the concept of press and release to pick up dirt is full of rubbish coz I'm so used to scrubbing with beads. I thought I might give it a try and I was actually quite impressed. it gives a radiant and clean feel after using and your skin doesn't become as sore after exfoliation. My fingers get extremely exhausted from the press release motion so i only do it once a week if I can be bothered. Not sure if it really removes the blackheads as promised but it does do a pretty good job by giving you a radiant look. And what is with jurlique packaging? Can never extract the last bit of product.
**Update (06/5/08)**
I use this product after exfoliation, and it works like a dream... then i put on any cheap drugstore type mask and whoa... you really do give your skin a deep cleanse. Then topped with your nightcream to make it work super effective for the night. Try it, you'll see results in only just 5 days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2006 8:25:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One lippie down due to the metal tube... This feels like i am applying a lovely oatmeal mask to my face. The scent from the essential oils are very soothing and using the press 'n' roll method, apply all over the face. The after feel is very smooth and moist and the application method remids me of using Clarins gentle facial peeling. I try a mask after that and i must say the results are good. I did notice a bit of breakout but i attribute it to the detoxifying effects. Will continue to use it...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2006 11:33:00 AM More reviews by weirdpoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I HATE THIS. this is a useless product to me.

firstly, i hate the smell. i usually don't blame a product for smelling bad, so it's a personal thing.

it's hard to apply. 'squeeze some onto your fingers,roll it a bit and apply onto your face using press-release motions'. it is highly time consuming and also useless because everything then starts dropping all over the sink. more product wasted. if it is too wet it falls off, if it is too dry it falls off while applying.

i don't see how this is exfoliating or how this can even clean.

i've never disliked a product as much as this.

i prefer lush-angels on bare skin over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 2:21:00 AM More reviews by miranets

This is my second holy grail cleansing cream (along with Dr Hauschka's). This will definitely be in my skin care regime forever!!! This is a much gentler version of Dr Hauschka's face wash cream, though it still contains some astringent herbal extracts and plant alcohol, it does make my skin tingle slightly especially if I use after a hot shower. This is one of the only other cleansers that can physically make a difference in my skin's clarity, no other cleansers could help with my blocked pores and sensitive skin!! The scent is divine, and the texture works best when moist, as the product begins to fall off once it dries. To me, this is not meant to be a "cleanser" in the sense that it remove makeup or the day's grime. I In the evening I only use this after a gel cleanser, unless I have been indoors all day with light products on, and I can use it in the morning after rinsing and compressing in warm water to dissolve oil.

I have discovered that the best way to use this cream to see its full healing potential is to use it once you are out of the shower and not have lots of water rinsing the product away as you try to use it. I spritz my cleansed face with loads of rose hydrosol(or any other suitable hydrosol)and then use about 1.5 inches of product. I use a similar Press and Roll method to Dr H's recommended way, and begin to slowly spread the product around. I massage until the cream has dried, then spritz more hydrosol on and begin again, working on blemished or flaky areas. I repeat this 2-3 times and my skin is remarkably clear the next day. Also, I used to have very red and irritated skin all around my face, so much that you could see an outline of unpigmented skin around my eyes! I noticed that after using this face wash cream (withholding changes in other skincare products), my skin is incredibly calmer, a lot of the inflammation has gone down.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Trunks

I agree with most of the comments here - this stuff is fab. It gives you instant results - the first time I used this (following the regime) my partner commented on how great my skin looked - the first and only time he's EVER done that - so that's what got me hooked onto Jurlique products. Removes my need for an exfoliant and leaves me with soft beautiful skin, zero redness. I agree also that the con is the packaging, someone should tell them about their tubes....but doesn't stop me from re-purchasing for the last 3 years. As for the price, I have mentioned this before in another J review - become a National Pharmacies member (in certain states in Australia) and get 20% off ALL Jurlique products!