October 2, 2014 | 1086 users online

Loose Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product feels very luxury on the skin, I like the new package, too. For me the best about this powder is that it contains no talc, mica or any comedogenic ingredients. It looks very natural on the skin and doesn't make you look cakey or over-powdery. WARNING! Do NOT expect that this product will control oil beautifully, it is not oil-controlling powder, but I bought this (and I have very oily skin) because I want to have a powder which is absolutely non-comedogenic and doesn't break me out like many powders that were made to control oil production. I rather do more touch-ups during the day, so for me this one of the best loose powder. It doesn't oxidize on me. It has matte finish although it is a little bit glittery, but on my face I don't see any glitters. It just made your skin looking gorgeous! :-)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

Beautiful product. My mothet swears by it and I love using it too. It makes the skin a matt and smooth but not dull, and it's also great for touch ups during the day.A bit on the expensive side, but it lasts a long time. The only thing I kinda dislike about it is the packaging -which has changed by the way, it's not like the picture. It's nice and good quality, but a bit impractical, I find that after I'm midway through the product, I have to either flip it over and tap the back or open the security lid to get the product out. Still, it's a great translucent powder and I will repurchase a third time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by solstice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this one for more than two decades through youthful problem skin to crow's feet and menopause and it has never let me down. It has never upset my skin, it has never settled into lines, it has never shown strange colours - and I have very fair skin - I use 01, Light. It is fine, light, colour-free, and reliably 'sets' your makeup. It is expensive, but one pot lasts at least a couple of years of daily use. In short, no other face powder has ever matched it and I have bought it over and over again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure why there isnt more love for this product and wonder if some of these folks are meaning their review for another product? This is a simple basic loose setting powder that is translucent-there is no color. For those folks talking oompah-loompah orange, that was your foundation-not a translucent powder. I use this as a setting powder. If it was cakey, either that is your foundation or you used far too much powder. The packaging has changed-it is now clear glass with black lid. I suspect this will last me just two days short of forever lol. I do not like powder poofs so I apply with a big fluffy brush. I would repurchase- if I can ever use it all up. It is a good translucent setting powder, nothing more, nothing less. Not purse friendly though-the container is big and heavy. Goes on flawless.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

The purpose of this powder is to "set" your makeup and take away shine without settling into lines, pores, etc. The translucent powder is not meant to cover, etc. It is one of the lightest and most finely grounded powder out there that I have found so far. It is one of the few powders out there I have found that will not accentuate fine lines, big line, etc., or pores. This is why I love it.

I use this powder over my new fav makup, Cover Girl Ageless. When I apply the powder, I use the puff. Also, I use a light hand. I like the big puff more than a brush as I think it provides a smoother finish.

Oddly, even though I suffer from oily skin and acne, I still prefer this powder even though it is a little moisturizing. This is one of the few powders out there that do not make my pores look bigger or accent fine lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Valerie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't understand the good reviews for this. I guess it's okay if you have really dry skin and don't need to use it as powder. It will give you a bit of a glow, but that's it. It does not give a matte finish. It has no coverage whatsoever, yet the transparent shade still gives off a bit of a yellow beige color and is too dark for me. Stay away from this if you want any oil control at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by tinsel5001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my favorite loose powder for years. (At least 15.) I've tried others, but always come back to this one. It's an investment, but lasts a long time. For me, one purchase will last me at least 2-3 years. All the positive reviews for the product... I agree with all of them. This product does all of the good things that people rave about. ( ...Don't expect miracles, however I've yet to find a loose powder I like better. )

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmomma

I looooooooooooooooove this loose powder! It it so silky and beautiful on! It looks so natural too and no matter how much I put on, it does not cake up or look thick. It's just a nice wonderful silky powder. I wear it on top of double wear foundation and I tell you my skin looks flawless with this combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe my mother received this as a gift and never used it! Luckily for us, we share cosmetics so anything I don't like, she uses and viceversa.
I have normal skin that doesn't usually get oily throughout the day so that's not a problem. But my foundation sometimes cakes or flakes and I don't look so flawless at the end of the day.
I started using this mostly out of pity because I thought it was such a shame to waste an Estee Lauder product. I did notice something different when using a light dusting of this powder but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I just thought it looked better than my drugstore compact powders.
Then one day it hit me: OMG MY FACE LOOKS AWESOME AND PORELESS! And it's all to do with this powder! It's a miracle, I look so flawless and I stay like that throughout the day! Any other powder I've tried matiffies my face, even makes it look dusty or chalky. With this, it's like I'm using a softbox!
Edited: I have to add that I have this powder in Transparent and I just use a fluffy brush with a minimal amount of powder on it to dust my face.
Completely in love, will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Strawberrysaint

Have been using this for a few years now, and I havne't found anything else that does what I want it to do better. The new packaging is so much better than the old blue plastic one, and I take it with me everywhere (I hate pressed powder), and it have never spilled. It is pricey but It normally lasts me about a year at a time, so when you break it down it is excellent value. I also like the velour sponge that it comes with, it really presses the powder in and makes my makeup last.