Aura Cacia 100% Essential Oils (All Plants)

4.6

oil

I use the EO's for aromatherapy ~ it's one of the few pleasures I have for chronic pain. I use Sweet Orange and Lavender in an oil burner and they are so much cheaper than the home fragrance oils at The Body Shop. Sweet Orange is one of my favorites, and I mix it with TBS, Satsuma. I combine Aura Cacia Lavender and TBS Lavender as my sleepy time ritual, for my never ending insomina. It doesn't put me to sleep, but it sure smells wonderful, and it makes me calm and relaxed, while I wait hours and hours to fall asleep :)

I have peppermint, grapefruit and eucalyptus too. My DH loves the oils for his allergies ~ I mix eucalyptus, peppermint and grapefruit in a spray bottle and mist this on his chest ~ then I add a hot towel and he says this opens up his sinus's and helps him to minimize his allergies.

I use peppermint on the stove during the holidays, and I mist my Christmas tree too. It makes my house smell so wonderful. . Peppermint is one of the more expensive EO's at $9+ and the rest are about $3 or $4, which is reasonable considering I use Sweet Orange and Lavender everyday. I love this product, and I may branch out and try a few new scents...

Great, reliable product; easy to find at health food stores & some supermarkets (my Whole Foods has a whole shelf); pricing reflects market availability of different oils. Packaging is key -- the child safety caps are a MUST if you have small children in the house -- some oils smell delicious but ingestion would be truly dire since these oils are highly concentrated & potentially toxic. Even with the safety caps, I recommend keeping these oils high out of reach, as you would any medicinals.

EOs are a best-kept beauty secret -- with a bit of research (there are great books, but also a wealth of info available online), you can be on your way to mixing room sprays, bath oils, body rubs, facial moisturizers -- as well as "wellness" oil blends to treat a variety of complaints like cold/flu, headache, stomach upset, etc.

I've been buying Aura Cacia essential oils for a long time and I hsve always been satisfied with the quality and selection.

heaven=ylang ylang and sweet orange oils blended on the wrists!!!

Aura Cacia essential oils seem to be moderately priced and great quality. I am not an essential oil expert but I have trusted Aura Cacia oils for my beauty and medicinal purposes for about 6 years now. The brand is easy to find as it is stocked in most health stores, which takes the frustration out of searching and online purchasing (unless you know what you want and don't need to test it). I have, and have tried, the following oils: Bergamot, Sweet Basil, Cardamom Seed, Cinnamon Leaf, Rosewood, Cypress, Lavender, Rosemary, Eucalyptus and probably several others that I forgot to restock. I like, and would buy them all again (except the Cinnamon Leaf which I don't care for). I use the Lavender and eucalyptus the most; putting several drops in water atop our woodstove; this helps purify the air of germs when you are sick and helps respiratory health. The internet is a great resource for ways you can use essential oils for beauty and health. Also, each of the bottles has interesting information about the specific oil it holds and a suggested use for it. For those that think essential oils are only for scenting a room or a perfume I recommend looking into them further. As essential oils can be used for that and so much more. They are not oils as you think of olive oil or vegetable oil but are in fact volatile oils extracted from specific parts of a plant. The one thing I was surprised to learn when I first started using them is that if they are not used properly they can do more harm than good. This is largely because they are so potent and many have healing, antiseptic and anesthetic properties (for instant clovebud oil can be applied in very small amounts for mouth irritations and discomforts but can prove irritating if not used properly). If any of this sparks your interest, do your homework; there is a whole exciting world of essential oils to explore (you can wow your friends with different remedies for their ailments and have a great smelling house at the same time!). Anyways, I hope this review helps you to decide on your purchase. One more thing I would like to add is that Aura Cacia uses child saftey caps on their bottles which is a must if you have children and a hard time keeping them out of stuff; however I have had one bottle that I couldn't open because it got stuck and after trying numerous times (from time to time) I finally gave up and threw it away. Happy hunting!

I have the vanilla, sandalwood, almond, apricot and apricot kernel versions and love them all. All of them smell fresh and natural (except the apricot which is essentially unscented). I use all of them as a body moisturizer, and the apricot kernel version to remove mu. I'm finding more and more that I don't need any other lotions, cremes or moisturizers except these. Very happy with the whole line.

i have the lavender and peppermint oils. i use them to relieve headaches and put them in my bath water for relaxing. i've also made a lavender linen spray and put lavender in my green tea/ACV toner, etc. they seem to be quality oils & i can find them conveniently at my neighborhood supermarket.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Aura Cacia's products. I can't comment about the prices, because the market prices for different oils rise and fall, and thier price points reflect the going price. For instance, sandalwood is currently very expensive, but the tree is also overharvested and somewhat rare. Their oils are the real thing, very strong, fresh, and I've never had a bad one. I especially love their cedarwood oil.

I have some of these EO's in lavender, a few citrus scents, as well as a few others. The prices are very reasonable and the bottles are quite large. I'd definitely buy EO's from aura cacia again.

I have a couple of Aura Cacia's oils and mostly NOW essential oils. The spearmint Aura Cacia smells kinda weird, but I don't have another spearmint to compare it with. I think their oils are nice and I also have a lavender salt bath and a lavender spray from them.

Popular Other Products