September 17, 2014 | 2002 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Mousse Confort- Foaming Cream Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 3 weeks on my dry, sensitive skin. It hasn't broken me out nor made my skin drier. A small, pea sized amount is more than enough so the full-sized tube will last for a long time. However, it will not remove ALL traces of makeup, so I still have to remove my makeup with a cleansing oil prior to this cleanser. Also, I don't recommend using this cleanser to remove eye makeup, as it burns my eyes. It has a slightly perfumed smell that I find tolerable but unnecessary. However, I won't be repurchasing this product because it does contain parabens.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a GWP deal. I think the key to using this is to be sure to wet face well, then use the tiniest amount you can squeeze out, - think pencil eraser diameter. Even a pea size is too much. Perhaps this is why some reviewers have complained about dryness.

I get lots of foaming coverage, and it seems to remove makeup well. The 2 oz. tube should last me for months. I may just toss it in my travel kit - I Like the plastic tube packaging.
As for all the chemicals, I may try alternating this with my fave John Masters cleanser, just for some balance. Too bad his comes in a glass pump bottle - not for travel for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by tinaweha2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the product made in France: Creme-Mousse Confort - Nettoyant Reconfortant - Creme de Mousse Peaux Seches

As far as I can tell, the product list for the French cleanser is different than that for the American-made Lancome cleanser. If you know where I can get the product made in France, see my contact info on my notebook page.

Thanks

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by csk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is really underwhelming. I bought it after trying it while visiting my mom (who only uses Lancome products) and finding it to be a good make-up remover.

Well, I went ahead and bought a tube, and, after using it for a couple of weeks, find that it really doesn't do a good job of removing make-up, it smells so strongly of artificial perfumes (as do most Lancome products I've tried - there's something very old-fashioned about the co's need to add tons of gaudy scents to every single product), and it stings my eyes pretty painfully if some gets into them.

Two lippies because it's not drying and hasn't broken me out, but really, I can't wait to be done with this and try the Ren cleanser or go back to Kiehl's.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this wonderful product received somewhat "Mediocre" review here? I am on my 3rd product now and its really helping out my skin. *I've also tried their previous formula before*

I bought this product for it contain "Salicylic Acid" yet its totally NOT drying! My doctor told me salicylic acid work the best in facial cleansing products. However, I've tried Avenno's, Olay's or even Clinic's products and they ALL irrititated my skin and somehow break me out badly. Good thing this cleanser doesn't annoy my sensitive skin at all. I love the soft-creamy texture, very soothing when I wash my face, its lightly scented, a very pleasent scent. The cleansing power is more then enough for me! *Much better then their mousse cleaner which completely dry me out*

This cleanser contain certain fruits/flower seed-oils. (A bit similar like Genifique Nutrics face cream) I think sensitive/combination and dry skin would definitely benefit from it.

One tube last me 5 months during winter time, probably 4 months during hot/humid seasons. Its $34.5CND, not cheap, yet not that expensive for a good quality cleanser, I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by divineviandi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for 2 weeks. I have mature skin. Along with Renergie I feel a mountain of difference.
I'm glad the makeup assistant listened to me so carefully to find this cleanser. I've been getting closer to a good cleanser, though always felt miles away.

Because I can't have any comfort that the ingredients are safest I give this a lower score. I am not an expert: however propylPARABEN, ButylPARABEN and the high amount of 'acid' ingredients makes me suspect a high chance of health hazards. I will keep using this until I find something that can clean my sensitive, break-out prone, dryish skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I strayed from Estee Lauder Soft Clean to give this one a try. First off, I love the flip top lid. I wish EL would get a clue. They only put flip tops on the sample tubes. This cleanser is creamy and smells quite pleasant. It removes makeup well too. From my experience, it requires me to use a little bit more product than the EL brand and this is more costly. I like it, I'll use it up and then I'll go back to the other one. A tube of Soft Clean lasts much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by rose919

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is a good cleanser, though makes my skin dry wintertime... but for summer, it is okay. Bit pricey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good cleanser but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it was part of a set for dry skin. It's very drying all over my face; my cheeks and forehead are actually taut (and not in the good way) after using it. It doesn't irritate my skin but does bother my eyes a bit. Most products do, so that's not a great strike against it.

In its favor, it foams beautifully and a very small amount, about the size of a pea, is enough for face and neck. But even though the Confort toner, which came with it, seems to alleviate the dryness, I'm not using this cleanser any longer and certainly won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by hollyholly

This is a beautiful cleanser. I use it when I have had a hard day or when I am getting ready for a night out. The cleanser makes my skin soft and glowing and really clean! I use it with the Hydra Zen cream and eye cream. My skin is in great condition when I use this at least once a week in the summer and pretty much every day in the winter. Love it. Will repurchase.