Chapstick lipbalm

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Padimate O (1.5%), White Petrolatum (44%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Propionate, Camphor, Cetearyl Alcohol, D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Fragrance, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Light Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenyl Methicone, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Wax

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My lips get VERY dry and chapped, so i couldn't get by with just this, but it works pretty well and its good for carrying around in the day. Unlike a lot of lip balms it actually helps soothe my lips rather than just smelling nice and making your lips look pink.

on 3/18/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After using this for several years, it has stopped working for me. It doesn't do anything to prevet my lips from getting chapped and it doesn't help once they are chapped. For some reason my lips get really dry overnight and even if I put tons of this one right before I got to bed, it doesn't last until the morning.

on 7/18/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The only lip balm I think I'll ever use and will ever want to use. This is my HG lip balm by far.
I hardly ever have chapped lips, but whenever I do, I always reach for this product.

on 5/23/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always have chapped lips during all the seasons, and when I apply this lipbalm, it feels like it's just sitting on my lips. It doesn't moisturize, nor make my chapped lips any better, and if anything, it makes my lips even worse. It's cheap, so I give it credit for that, but I would refrain from buying this product.

A classic staple in my bathroom cupboard-always to be found at the bottom of my bag, my makeup case, and basically anywhere else that I lurk. Given the strong proliferation of lip treatment products flooding the DS market, this lip treatment is a surprising stayer, amidst the competition from the variants of Softlips, Vaseline, Burt's Bees, Nivea, Blistex, Carmex, Rosebud Salve et. al It can be waxy, or mushy, but it is a temperature-dependent product, so the slippy texture can vary, depending on where you store it. The outer label always falls off on mine, but aside from that, the packaging is almost always reliable-never had a problem with the tube not winding up properly, product breakage, etc. The classic does have a slightly medicinal scent/flavor/taste to it, but not obtrusive. In my book, it's not trying to be something else-except reliable and effective. I practically live in this balm, even in the Northern California Winter, which is nowhere near as harsh as winters on the South Island of New Zealand, where I spent my childhood-and grew to love this Chapstick-long before the advent of scented/tinted balms. I've strayed to other balms and treatments at different times, including the Blixtex in the white screw top jar, which as close to an equal to this, as any. Still, there's something less disturbing about using a stick balm on your lips, rather than your fingers. This is it. Unless the formulation changes radically, this will remain a cult favorite for me. I also appreciate that it isn't overly glossy-just polished and refined-and is also a great base for lipstick application.

on 11/10/2009 12:12:00 PM

Original Chapstick is my HG of lip balms. I love the simple black packaging, and the light-pink balm - it is almost a little vintage! This is one of the few lip balms that actually moisterizes my lips without drying them out further. In addition, the texture is perfect and it leaves your lips with a soft, moisterized look. Did I mention it is dirt cheap and available everywhere? This is a must-have for everyone.

on 6/19/2009 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got the 30 spf one cuz i love spf

it smelled like lemons tasted like em too

but i mousturres good after wiping the tip.

feels good on my lips and looks natrual

on 3/25/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have reviewed some flavors here individually, but here is my take on the brand in general. i like it for the following reasons, like someone else said, this is not a greasy, off your lips in two seconds, super shiny lip balm. its waxier (look at the ingredients) and therefore lasts longer on the lips, feels more soothing, and coats better in my opinion. i have a med condition that kills off all my moisture glands so i know dry like many cannot fathom! i have about 25 lip balms as i need some stashed everywhere, and i even have a few at a time in my purse should i lose one. i come back to this when though i try many, cause it works and helps. it also provides a smoother base for lip gloss, lip stick, to adhere to.

i find the cherry most emollient for some reason (i find this to be true of cherry in store brands as well).

on 9/27/2008 1:56:00 AM

Best lip product I ever used. Its the only lipbalm thats ever really made my lips soft! Ill continue buying this as long as they keep making it. My favorite is the cherry!

on 3/24/2008 1:25:00 PM

Works good to keep my lips moisturized, but doesn't heal severely chapped lips (for that I use Aquaphor). This is a nice everyday-type lip balm with some SPF in it. My favorite is the original.

EDIT: Just tried the Spearmint one and I really like it!!!!..... may become a new favorite flavor

Popular Lip Treatments