October 25, 2014 | 1861 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Spite lipglass

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this after wanting it for ever. The color is purplely taupe. It is a really nice nude on me. I can wear it with a dramatic eye or a very sublte eye, but it always comes off as truly sexy! I tried it on at the counter, sans lip balm, and it looked kinda gray but I purchased anyway. Later I applied my lip balm first , as I always do, and then Spite and it looked so much better. It applied smoother, the color looked more natural on me. The texture is creamier and smoother than the other lipglass glosses I have. This is one of the very very few nude lip colors that I don't have to 'work' to make it look good. Just balm and gloss and I'm done! I love it! I am NW 45 for reference.
Spite is very very similar to NYX Trendy. Trendy is milkier, therefore lighter and cooler in color. I do have to put 'work' into Trendy to make it look good on me.
Edit: DDD Lovlies this gloss is the TRUTH! It is truly a very SEXY color. If you want a truly problem free nude lip that goes with evey eye and cheek color, this is it. I can't describe how I feel bout this gloss! Ooo! is all I can say!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cant believe I'm just now writing a review on this. I've repurchased this a couple of times actually and it is actually the only MAC lipglass I have.
Love it. Love it. Love it.
It is a nude, taupish, greyish, brownish color. Sounds awful but looks fantastic on me. It is my go-to dark nude lip color.
Not only is the color fantastic but the shine and 3D effect. Gives you kissable plumper looking lips automatically.
The only downside is it doesnt last too long on me. Maybe an hour or two max.
MAC does have a lipstick of the same color - Fresh Brew. But I hate that - the texture just doesnt work for me. It settles into the lines on my lips and doesn't look smooth at all.
NW45

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cant beleive I almost passed this lipglos up...it is my go to gloss, when I have no ideas coming...its weird how this looks on my lips, as for texture I must have gotten a freak tube bcos its the creamiest lipglass I own, highly comparable to the creamsheen which i regret buying bdw for how common they look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

I wanted a plumy shade that was sheer for this fall and spite fills the gap in my makeup case. it isn't as purple as i wanted but a real neutral on me. lovely with plum liner. it has a warm tone to it that is not unattractive. i found a similar color at sephora called sugar and spice but it is not quite as pretty as spite.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Tlcorey86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I love this liglass it is a very wearable everyday nude/neutral color for darker skin girls its def. a keeper ;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Guinever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for this shade for a long long time and I am so glad I found it.
It is a dark rosewood shade and it looks brilliant and very natural on my lips and I love it. I mostly wear it without lipliner underneath but I do that occasionally and it stays on longer that way.

This is a great product - the only downside is its smell. Even the Mac shopassistant noticed its slightly off smell and re-ordered it for me. The new one smelled better, but still a bit weird (that's one point off in the overall rating).
Anyway, I love it and I will definitely rebuy. It would be great if there would be a lipstick in the same shade though - so that I could wear this shade in the office. I just like to wear lipstick in the office.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I've been purchasing this product over and over for years. It's my favourite lipglass. Every once in a while I stray in an attempt to shake things up, but I always go back to Spite. It's a strange, somewhat depressing looking colour in the tube. To me it looks like a dirty mauve, but on my lips it's a MLBB. Since Spite is very close to my natural lip colour, it looks very natural on me. Spite is without glitter or shimmer, but it packs a punch with the great sheen it leaves on my lips. Spite is a staple for me and a HG lipglass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my MU done at a MAC counter about 12 years ago while I was shopping with my daughter. Not that I needed to, but I wanted to give the young MA a chance to show off his stuff. I really enjoyed being worked on for once and giving this young man a voice in how I looked was refreshing. And he did a great job!

When he got a bit tangled up in brushes and blending, I gave him a few hints and he did a great job using colors on me which I would not have picked out for myself. He asked me if I was in the industry..lol. Anyway, this color lipglass was one of those shades. He lined my lips in Spice and filled them in a bit with the pencil and then used this color. It was fantastic and just as lovely today as it was then.

I just came across this color on MUA and am reviewing it now that the All Ages, All Races, All Sexes is out -- it is one product which I think should have been given a nice mention as an alternate... but c'est la with the cosmetics industry. Spite is called a muted plum taupe brown.. a mouthful but a great mix for a really natrual lip.

These are the colors of our future in 2010 -- muted mixes, bright berries, oranges, pinks and great corals. Time to get into the mood!

I have re-ordered my Spite and also a 3N -- 2N is way to light for me.

I have enjoyed remembering my encounter with the lovely young MAC MA and with my Spite. I think everyone should try this lovely neutral shade --MLBB in gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have not worn a tinted lipglass in years due to their stickiness, but bought this color again while buying brushes. Surprisingly, the formula has improved--smoother than I remember years ago. I prep lips with a good balm in the morning, and my lips don't dry out. Long-lasting as usual, and although the tinted formula is my favorite out of all lipglasses, I'm more in love with the color. It is the perfect non-shimmery, nude-neutral . Don't need to pair with smoky eyes or what-not with my coloring and pigmented, rose-mauve-brown lips. Can be worn with all different kinds of lip liners. For reference, colors like Spite and Chai look good on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this colour,

I will either wear this over top of a neutral lipstick OR blend in a little brown lip liner. Looks great for a neutral look on my dark skin