April 18, 2014 | 2042 users online

Eye Shadow - Isadora - Quartet Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Liddy

I bought an Isadora Quad in Pink Dream yesterday and absolutely LOVE it! Perfect for Spring. I am so SICK of my earth tone neutral colours that I always wear, I could scream...so I'm breaking out of my rut and updating my makeup. There's alot of looks you can go with in this and for 12 bucks, you really can't go wrong. I love the colours and and the shimmer to it. For the people who don't get long wear out of this, wear either concealer or eyeshadow base on your eyelids. I didn't have a problem with this wearing off but pretty much any eyeshadow is gonna need a retouch after 8 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

After purchasing and sampling a couple of the quads and the duos, I find it worthwile to make a review of my opinion on IsaDora e/s. I'm a sucker for good quality, non-creasing, longlasting, colorfull, inexpencive, easy-to-use eyeshadows. And I have to admit that IsaDora shadows are a good choice when you're on a budget but still want to play with your eyes. They are well pigmented, and the colors are well coordinated in the quads and duos. The shadow stays on for a good six-eight hour day without touch-ups, but if you're planning on going out after work I suggest to bring your quad with you just in case. Application is easy, blendability too, and I love the metallic/shimmery results I get. I'm not quite as fond of the sparkly shades, as the glitter usually drops down under my eyes on application. But a quick brushing removes it. Some editions are limited, and not easy to get a hold on as they are sold out very fast.
I know I will repurchase different colors, both quads and duos. Isadora is for me quite close to Dior eyeshadows in pigmentation, texture and lasting ability.
And the color range is very, very good. All shades can be used wet & dry too.
Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sindarine

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've got the shade package 20 Classic Browns of Isadora's quartet eye shadows, and as they're not the best - nor are they the worst.
I must admit, that I usually only use one shade of the package, 'cause in normal days I don't like using too dark colours. And the package is built so that there's too light and too darker ones.

There's a really nice, bit of a terracotta kind of a shade which I love. The quality is well enough, not too good, but at least it stays on my lids with just a bit of powder underneath of it.
It just changes a bit during the day, kind of a "melts" into your lid. I assume everyone don't like this, but it hasn't bothered me much. But if looking for extreme 24h fresh-staying, it probably won't do it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2006 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sparky17

A few months ago I picked up the Amethyst Crystal quartet and was quite pleased. My favorite is the glittery taupe because it has the right amount of sparkle to look fun and young without making me look like a vegas showgirl. The lighter purples are good too because they impart a wash of color across the lid. Staying power is decent, better than other drugstore brands but not as good as higher end shadows.

I purchased the Golden Rainbow quartet this afternoon and have high hopes for getting a nice, nonobtrusive shot of color from this kit.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 9:05:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow does not stay on my lids ,nor does the color show up much. So not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by camae

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I came to drugstore makeup late even as a teen I always used dept store stuff ie Lancome, Clinique. Later I branched to MAC, Stila, Bobbi Brown etc. I always use a base when applying eyeshadow too. I recently picked up a duo and a quad of IsaDora to play with different I got Pink Lilac and Golden Sea. They are very soft and well pigmented I'm having alot of fun trying different combos and they're lasting throughout the entire day. I wonder if maybe the quality varies from batch to batch because I'm surprised at what a low rating these are getting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 2:43:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally like Isadora's makeup line, but the eyeshadows are strange. The duos I've found to have good pigment and lasting quality. However, the quads are horrible! It's smooth at first and shows up pigmented on the lids but then disappears after a few minutes like chalk dust! No staying power whatsoever! Such a shame too because of the colors are wonderful. And for the price, a total rip-off. Try Milani, Jane, or NYX instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2005 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Candre

This was the worst eyeshadow I've ever used. It wouldn't stay on and it was all nasty.. Ok it was very cheap but instead of buying two Isadora eyeshadow you can buy a better eyeshadow from MAC or something!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2005 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hippiepippie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have been buying IsaDora's eyeshadows since i was 13-14.. i am now 22, older and wiser, and realize that they kind of s**k.. the variety of colors is great, but the quality.. NO. after a couple of hours these shadows turn into two thin strokes on my eyelids. this is no good and i can't understand how i haven't seen this before during my 8 yrs long use. but i guess that it never is too late!!! (2 lippies ONLY because of the color-variety)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2004 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Ninnisen

I have been buying Isadoras Eyeshadow Quartet for a while. On the positive side the texture has gotten a lot better in the newer shades. The colors are greate, there is colors for everyone =)and at that price you can play all you want.

But the thing I can't get over is that if you drop it once the shades breaks and can't be used. Droped my "Golden Rainbow" this morning and the Gold and green shades where destroyed. And Isadora doesn't sell that shade in Sweden anymore =(