Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

I gotta say that this just didn't do it for me. I picked my jar up @ Target for about $17 and while I don't mind paying that for something that works, this didn't.

This applies very thick and waxy with a dry matte finish. My issue lies with getting a decent application of the product. I tried wetting my lips with a bit of water to see if the product applied better, it helped a little but the product still balled up in waxy clumps. The best application method was in using a lighter lip balm first, like Smith's rose balm, and then applying this over. Seriously, what is the use in using 2 products to get even application of one. I just didn't see the point and didn't think that this was a game changer, so why go through the effort. It is currently sitting to the far left of my vanity and will soon get pushed into the trash can below.

I will not repurchase.

I recently got this from my cousin.I just gotta say that this stuff works wonders! It makes my lips soft and hydrated. I also use it as lipstick primer aaaand this may look weird, but recently I was sick and the skin under my nose became roughened so I started putting onto damaged skin.. Within 3-4 days skin under my nose was soft and smooth as always.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

In two years, I have gone through five pots of this lip balm. I have used Carmex in the jar as my night treatment, for the past 15+ years. For some reason, I wanted something better, more expensive, more "girly". I don't know...I suppose I wanted something else. Enter Nuxe. I was surprised by the texture at first. It is very ointment like. No gel-ish. You don't need much and it is not someing I would ever wear during the day (unless I had a cold or were sick and needed an extra lip boost). I coat my lips very liberally before sleep and. Wake up with pink, plump lips (at 49, no small feat!) The smell/taste is vaguely lemon-honey-ish...very pleasant. I have had one pot which seemed grittier in texture than the others, but it didn't affect the performance. I will continue buying this as long as I can. I find it effective and you won't feel like you are dying should it ever get near an eyeball (hello, Carmex!) When I kiss my husband "good night", he comments that the taste is pleasant, for 11€, this is a solid lip treatment which I often gift to friends and family.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This is a great winter lip balm. It's quite different from other balms in terms of consistancy - it's very thick and feels a bit like a protective layer on your lips. It's not great for wearing under lipstick so I tend to use it as an over night treatment or if I'm going to be outside in the cold for a while and am not fussed about long lasting lip colour

l've got the little 20th anniversary packaged pink lid jar. a little goes a long way. a very thin layer is all you need. l now have smooth lips which have plump silky feel too them. its a tiny jar but it will last a 7-9mths because of the little amount used.

It is a great lip balm if you use it right.I have been using it for many years.
The best thing to do is to put it on at night time once you wake up your lips are soft and not chapped anymore.
I do not put it on day time as it is grainy and i do not like it under my lipsticks ,however i do not need to do so as long as i am not to lazy to put it at night :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a 'treatment product' rather than a cosmetic/enhancing glossy lip balm. I would recommend everyone living in cold climates to purchase this (unless you are able to find a DIY or indie comany version which works for you). From the 'famous' lip balms renowned on MUA I have tried Dior Creme de Rose (don't recommend it is actually drying over time), Maybelline Baby lips (nice for glossiness but seems to be drying over time), Lypsyl (excellent cheap buy), the Nivea balms (mediocre), Clarins (good but not as good as Nuxe), L'occitane (love it but not as good as Nuxe), Lush (good and almost on par with Nuxe) and probably many more. Lanolin, honey, emu oil, coconut oil, and other diy treatments, too. As you can see, I think Nuxe is the best from all of the above. (Popular balms that I haven't tried are Dr Hauschka's, Lanolips, Jack Black, C.O. Bigelow, and Paula's Choice).
Nuxe is truly healing. It fixed my chapped/bleeding (icky) lips within a couple of days. Within the first hour of application my lips were completely soothed and healing already.
I had tried all my other lip balms (listed above) for a couple of weeks before I decided to buy this. I use it every day now, just a little dab. A little bit is enough for the whole day, do not feel the need to re-apply.
I use it on my son too--he has extremely chapped lips since he was born and this and the SAAF lipbalm (from saafskincare.com, am not affiliated) were tge only two balms in the history of balms that healed his lips. Nothing else works on him. I mean, his is a serious case! With me, I can still make do with any other balm, to tide me over, usually. The Nuxe balm totally soothes the cracked skin and his lips are much more moisturized even the following day! It stayson quite well, too.
If you don't have a major lip problem, Lypsyl is very inexpensive and a great everyday balm! Otherwise, if you honestly need a 'treatment' product, I think this is the one to buy.

I bought a bunch of these in Paris as gifts for friends, and one for myself. After I tried it, I was embarrassed to have given it to my friends :(

The lip balm everyone else is describing is NOT what I experienced. It smelled good, but I found it to be gloopy and sticky, and hard to spread across my lips. I put it on at night and woke up with a while film in the corner of my mouth. After about a month in my bag, it got kind of a gritty texture to it. Maybe I got a bad batch?

I live in an area that's very dry and cold in the winter months so my lips are usually always cracked. I've tried many products and I think this is the best one. It moisturizes very well and makes my lips soft and pink. It's not sticky, it doesn't smell nasty, and I don't feel like I have "something" on my lips. It's very comfortable when I put it on and it instantly heals the cracks on my lips. I wouldn't use it as a primer to a lipstick however. It's good for daytime use and nighttime treatment.

Simply put, I love this. A really good moisturizer for lips that doesn`t give you that sticky, gloopy feeling and works great as a base for applying AND holding on to your lip color products. I dab a small amount before I go to bed and I no longer wake up with "crumb lips." I even love the honey smell. I thought it was pricy ($26CAD), but considering how little I need to apply, I think it`s good value for money at the end of the day.

Popular Lip Treatments