Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 2/2/2015 3:33:00 PM

I don't get the hype.

The scent is herbal/honey, very mild. The texure is similar to that of a sugar lip scrub. It's very thick and crumbly, so you have to be careful if you're using this in public. I do not want crumbs on my lips, no thank you, the only thing worse than chapped lips are chapped lips with crumbs on them.

It's does not really sink in, my lips feel okay afterwards because they were protected by this thick balm but they're not really moisturized. I will use this up in the winter when it's helpful in protecting my lips from -30 windchills.

Also the jar is very heavy/bulky, which makes it annoying to put in my purse.

on 2/2/2015 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the best lip product I have ever had.
I have had chapped lips for several months now and I couldn't fight it. I was using Avene Cold Cream that helped a bit, but I had to apply it several times a day and in very thick layer.
This, however, worked overnight. My lips were so soft, plump and smooth in the morning, I cannot stop being happy! I am continuing to use it and the effect is long lasting.
The balm itself is also very pleasant to use - I like this thick spreadable waxy (but not oily) texture and the matte finish. And the grapefruit scent is surprisingly pleasant.
I will definitely repurchase, I have never been so satisfied with any lip balm ever!

on 2/2/2015 3:41:00 AM

My lips are perpetually dry and flakey. I certainly don't make matters better as I love a good matte lippy (that is known to be unkind to dry, textured lips). As such I need a good lip balm that works wonders. This stuff is great. I put it on at night and it does not migrate all over my face whilst I sleep. In the morning, it's still on my lips doing its thing. Since implementing it to my lip routine, my lips have stopped cracking and definitely matte lippy ready. It has a citrus smell that is not discerning and like another reviewer, I was expecting a honey scent. I took points off for the packaging; sticking a finger into the pot isn't exactly hygienic. But this stuff is great and I will definitely repurchase over and over.

on 1/29/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best lip balm ever!!! I re-purchase it always since the first time I tried it. It has amazing formula which can keep my lips hydrated over whole day also in winter time plus it smells beautifully. It contains mostly nature ingredients as whole Nuxe cosmetics. What I love the most about this balm is that it is matte. Most of lip balms have shiny, dewy finish. I use only Nuxe balm as lip primer under lipstick for my clients. I use it in the beginning together with primer. So it has enough time to absorb, then when face and eyes makeup is done, I just remove the peeling parts which left on the lips and start with lip pencil and lipstick. It creates perfect primer for lipstick, it nourishes lips as well and on top of that, it is photographed perfectly:)

on 1/27/2015 9:36:00 PM

Agree with laumar47 below re paste like texture. Because of this texture, I don't like to use it as a base for lip stick or lip pencil, but at least it's not sticky or glossy and doesn't migrate off the lips (like smiths rosebud salve). I find that I rub my lips together constantly in order to work the product in.

It's also a strong citrus, not artificial, but somewhat surprising since I was expecting honey. Sometimes I get a tingly sensation, that signals the possibility of a slight skin reaction, but it hasn't happened yet. The citrus dissipates (unlike the very strongly scented palmer's chocolate mint or nivea creme brle or macadamia cream scented balm all of which are unapologetically artificial and long lasting)

I keep it at home like some other reviewers because I don't like to dip my fingers in the pot on the go.

It is taking me a very long time to use this up, so it is a generous amount, but it's relatively expensive. Not moisturizing enough to repurchase, but I have chronically dry lips. Basically I will use it up because I have it, which is kind of how I feel about drug store balms costing much less.

on 1/27/2015 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ever since Caudalie reformulated their lip conditioner and added a fake citrusy scent, I've been on the hunt for a new lip balm for night treatments and for wearing under my lipstick. I had a Target gift card and decided to splurge on Reve de Miel.

At $19 it's pricey but it's not made of petroleum, either. It has a citrusy scent that isn't cloying and has a matte finish so you can wear it under lipstick or gloss during the day. It's more moisturizing Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm, but not nearly as heavy as Weleda Everon. I like using this before bed as a night lip treatment and applying a layer in the morning after brushing my teeth and letting it sink in while I'm doing my makeup. By the time I do my lips, it's settled in nicely. Overall, I think the Weleda is more effective for super dry lips as it's more moisturizing but this isn't bad either. I keep my pot at home because I don't like using my fingers to apply lip products when on the go, but when I'm at home it's not an issue. Would definitely repurchase!

on 1/25/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is not the best I've had. It's not moisturizing enough regardless how much I put it. Aquaphor is a better choice for overnight treatment. i only use this as a base for my lipstick bc it's matte.

on 1/25/2015 3:21:00 PM

This is okay. It works well but its effect is only temporary. You need to apply very small amounts and rub in well in order for the gritty feeling to disappear.

on 1/16/2015 3:06:00 PM

This is my favourite lip balm I've ever used. I consider it as a holy grail item. It lasts for ages so it's good value for money, it's got a nice thick texture that seals the lips beautifully. It smells like orange cakes so if you don't like fragrance it may be a little offputting but I'm not a fan of scented lip products yet I love this one. I put it on as a nightly lip moisturizer since I find it a bit too thick to be lipstick base (that may be because I slather it on, now I think about it...) and I can still feel it in the morning. It's not sticky at all, has a very silky/velvety feeling to it. I love the glass jar too, it feels a bit more luxurious than the cheap plastic containers. I'll definitely purchase the stick version for traveling since the glass jar is a bit heavy and impractical to carry around. Would recommend it 100%. It's a bit pricier than the average drugstore lipbalms but imo it's worth every single penny.

on 1/4/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well, I have had this lip balm for quite some time now. I find I keep returning to it, because it really is wonderful and effective. It takes some getting used to as it has some gritty parts in it, but the honey hydrating goodness that heals and moisturizes overnight is really fantastic. I wish it wasn't so expensive. I'm tempted to rate this lower simply due to the price.

Popular Lip Treatments