September 21, 2014 | 992 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Strawberry conditioner

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by P3achyK33n

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In an effort to grow healthy long hair, I've stopped using shampoo. So after a lot of Co-Wash research, I ended up leaving the drug store with this little guy. The smell is really fake, but somehow addictive. It does not linger in your hair after rinsing. The texture is watery, but it coats the hair really well in the shower so that you can effectively clean every strand. It didn't lather at all, but that's the point ;D That being said, I found that my hair felt weighed-down and not entirely clean. I figured I wasn't used to Co-Washing just yet, so i kept using it. Eventually, I used a different conditioner to switch things up; lo and behold, no icky residue. So while this is cheap and smells yummy, it might be too much for those with baby fine hair, even if it does curl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I have thick, somewhat damaged hair that gets oily quickly. I love Suave conditioners because (despite their thin texture) they work through my hair easily and detangle like a dream, making combing through after even a vigorous towel drying easy. The only catch is that it takes a while to rinse thoroughly - with other conditioners it often helps to leave some in, but with Suave it would give me scalp zits, so I do have to commit 45 seconds extra or whatever. It's definitely worth how soft and manageable it leaves my hair. The fake strawberry scent is yummy, much nicer in the shower than in the bottle - as someone below said, it smells like strawberry and cream gummi candies. The best part is the price - nothing is cheaper per mL other than the store brand at Price Chopper which is, naturally, useless. I do get a laugh out of the very stingy "family size" bottle - I know the Suave family size bottles sold in the U.S. are a lot bigger, so I really don't get why they do this, but buying two at a time is no big deal. It's cheap and it's good, can't ask for more than that!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by nanimo8

I hate that I have a very sensitive scalp meaning I cannot use any other hair shampoo or condition product other than head and shoulders :( and the head and shoulders did nothing for me. I picked this up at a grocery store for 1$!!! I love the strawberry scent and I also have the coconut one which i personally prefer but they are both great. and get this, It does NOT irritate my scalp!!! So happy! I dont notice so much the conditioning it does for my hair but I love it and use it every night =) Would for sure buy it again especially for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by aliford

This is an excellent conditioner for co-washing. It's very inexpensive, which is great because you use a lot when you co-wash. It cleanses well and smells good. It rinses clean, and I like to use a higher quality follow up conditioner after the co-wash. Will repurchase again and again. Great alternative to Wen.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by cnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell and the slip for my natural coarse hair but even when I apply it to my hair and not my scalp, my scalp itches. I hate to let my suave go because of the price but the chemicals in this product are horrible for my scalp.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by SamNeggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a conditioner, this product worked fine. The consistency of the product was thick enough to work on my long, curly type 3B hair. However, the strong, sickly sweet, synthetic strawberry smell was overwhelming. I couldn't stand having the scent on my hair all day. I started using it to shave my legs instead. I prefer the Coconut conditioner hands down over this scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not gonna lie, i thought because of how cheap this is, it would suck. WRONG! i have NEVER EVER EVER had my hair feeling so soft! this in combination with the shampoo is heavenly. loooovvveee iittt.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sexytresses

I use this for CO washing as well. I just started about 4 days ago after reading reviews for the product. Since it's cheap, I decided to give this and the "co washing" a try. Man am I glad I did! I didn't know how well it would work out since I have caucasian, mildy wavy hair that is dry on the ends and CAN get oily at the roots. This stuff doesn't get too heavy at all and leaves the hair bouncy and looking pretty. Also, in this humid weather we've been having it has totally cut down on the frizz and my hair stays straight now. I love this!!! Give CO washing a try people!! I probably won't buy this scent again since it's kinda BLAH for me. I think I'll try Coconut next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by sabet

Great for CO washing for me. I usually don't even use another condtioner afterwards. Detangles well and lots of body. Scent is not too strong, which is the case with some other Suave conditioners. I rotate a few conditioners and I don't really have build up with anything that way.
Suave Strawberry probably won't be that impessive as a rinse out conditioner after shampoo for processed or dry hair, because it's very light.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this conditioner. At first I thought it was too wimpy, but I found if I use a generous amount all over my hair it leaves my hair soft and shiney without build-up. I had usually used conditioners on the middle and ends of my hair for fear of being too heavy and greasy on my roots. That is not the case here. It's worth a try. Update 4/18/08: I wrote the review after about two or three weeks of use because I was so excited something worked for me for that long. Well, it just stopped working. I gave it a rest for several days and then used it again today. All I got was dry, frizzy, flat, hair. I don't know how a conditioner can just stop working but this one did. Makes a great shaving cream though, so all is not lost. Update again 2/21/09: After reading a review on Aussie's Moist shampoo where it said she uses this conditioner with it, I thought "hmmm". I NEVER would have thought to use it with moisturizing shampoos, but it really works! I've been trying this out with Pantene's Moisture Renewal shampoo for about a week now and I like the results so far. My hair is long, dry but fine, so maybe someone with thicker hair needs more of a heavy duty conditioner, but for me it's great.