Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 6/13/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The first time i used this foundation was in the shade warm beige, and as summer came around i got a tan and switched to soft honey. And as everyone else here complained, their darker shades give of a pinkish tint when applied.
I think this product is good for users with lighter skin tones, but definitely not for ones with tan or medium brown skin tone - looks very pink.

on 6/6/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I picked up shade 535 medium light. I have yellow undertone and it looked just a tiny bit pink on me. It did help with my oiliness. Didn't love the coverage. If I tried to cover my red acne marks it would cake easily.

on 5/6/2014 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is foundation that I always go back after I try & fail with something else, lol. I've noticed a lot of complaints about getting the product out of the bottle - I use a cue-tip (the other end having already been used to blend concealer) to dab on the foundation & then spread it with a make-up brush (using small motions). I'd give it one less lippie if I had to use a sponge!

The coverage is light, which I like - if I want fuller coverage, I add a powder. It does tend to get shiny after about 5 hours, but it doesn't move, and almost every other foundation I've tried ended up shiny an hour after I put it on. It has very little smell and it disappears quickly.

Biggest peeve - the colours are hard to match properly - when you do a colour test, wait at least an hour. Back when I first did a skin test, the shades I thought were a match darkened too much!

on 4/20/2014 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is quite oily so I thought this foundation might save me from my misery but it made it worse. After a few hours of apply this, my face felt somewhat itchy and was defiantly reflecting oils. Especially on my forehead. Then to make it worse it started blotching up, making it look terrible.

on 4/7/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Seriously cover girl not everybody looks like a burnt lobster underneath !! They need to make foundations with YELLOW undertones!!!!! This would be amazing if it had a yellow undertone to it. Smh !!! MAKE FOUNDATION LOOK RELAISTIC!!!!!! ADD YELLOW TONES!!!!!!!

I REALLY wish it was easier to get out of the bottle and was more...covering...it just looks kind of see through which totally defeats the purpose.
Its a good foundation i guess and maybe i just got the wrong color! Its the same color i usually get with other foundations, but it doesn't seem to work too well.

I would love this so much more if it had a pump or something.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a really awful foundation if you want good coverage. I have to apply it twice just to get it to cover evenly! And it's a struggle to get it out of the stupid bottle. It says "Oil Control" but it does just the opposite. I have to apply loads of powder just to stop my face from looking greasy. It doesn't last through the day, it wears off and looks splotchy. I won't be buying this again. I usually use cheap Wet n Wild foundation, which works much better than this. Just a terrible product.

on 3/4/2014 8:15:00 PM

I really like this foundation for people like me who don't need a full-on flawless makeup look but still need coverage. The foundation is very lightweight and feels like your just wearing moisturizer! The coverage is pretty good and easy to blend in.

I just bought this foundation today, so I'm not sure how long it lasts but I have a feeling its pretty good. The price is great!

My biggest complaint about this product is there is no pump to get the foundation out. I honestly DON'T understand whyyyy people would make foundation without a pump. Its pretty hard to get out and I would probably give it 5 stars if there was a pump.

I personally don't find the need for powder or concealer with this foundation because I don't feel like I need it, but my skin isn't very oily so I'm not sure if someone with oily skin would need it.

I will definitely be re- purchasing this foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ive been using this product for over 2 years and I absolutely love it. The only thing I would say is that you need to use a primer and concealer underneth it! If used alone it doesnt cover anything so make sure you invest in something like that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was on sale at my Bed Bath and Beyond for $2 so I had to give it a try. I actually bought 2 bottles (diff. colors). I bought the Ivory and Classic Ivory and as an NW 15, both work just fine. I don't notice a major difference between the two color after they are applied with blush and some powder. I don't get any oranging from the product at all, which I love so much. The color stays true.

This is a really nice foundation! I am so surprised, since I seem to have passed it by for the newest and latest all these years, and was not expecting much from it. What I like about it is how light and airy it feels! Just like a facial lotion. Very different than Revlon Colorstay or other thicker foundations (which I like but they do have a different purpose). This blends so nicely and stays well all day with minimal touch ups. I have oily skin so I am never going to have no shine, but I don't think that this adds to my shine at all.

I have no problems getting it out of the bottle. You just have to turn it upside down and voila, it comes out! It is pretty thin but not runny at all.

I would buy this again and I plan it use it more often. It has been hiding in my collection! It provides a light coverage (more than sheer, not medium) but you can build it up (although I typically don't). I use it when I want to look natural but put together in the day time. This is not going to cover up major acne or marks on a first application or with no concealer, so keep that in mind, too.

I have so much more love for Covergirl recently. Everything I try from them I really have been loving, and I am sad that I have passed them up over the years. They have a lot of tried and true products that generations have used, and this is one of them! I even like the old school bottles- it reminds me of simpler times and I like how it feels in my hands. Very compact, thick and sturdy, and easy for travelling. So inexpensive, too!

This is a winner in my book!