December 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - Super Matte Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am obsessed with this powder. Is is so finely milled it's like silk on my skin. You can't see it AT ALL on your face, even if I put too much on. It makes my finished complexion (with foundation and concealer) look flawless and smooth. Along with the MUF primer and this powder, my makeup stays put and I haven't gotten oily by the end of the day like I used to before (probably more due to the primer). I use translucent natural, and I am extremely pale with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new HG setting powder!

I didn't expect myself to like this powder that much but I really do! I thought that the powder was too light and translucent but it actually puts on really nice. It doesn't look cakey either! The finish is matte and looks like natural skin!

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good setting powder without a cakey look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at the Sephora VIB sale 20% off. I got color 52 because I wanted a setting powder with a bit of color, since it's November and I'm getting very pale. This is a nice product but it adds way too much color to my foundation. I'm not sure if it's oxidizing since I naturally have tan skin and this color 52 is very golden tan in color. Also, I like a setting powder that gives more coverage. This I feel is very sheer. I will use it up, but most likely will not repurchase and try something else. Also, the oil control is not great. It's not bad, but definitely not great. I am shiny at the end of the day. It would be worse If it was the hot time of the year here. I'm glad I'm trying this in late Fall. My cheap Coty Airspun works miracles compared to this for oil control and setting my foundation. Also, I don't feel like this goes on evenly. I guess I have to play with this a little more.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Aijamal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does not contril oil, makes you look cakey after a while. Just temporary fix.Would not buy it again. I find Bare Minerals Mineral Veil works much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The very best for my oily skin. I am NW20 and use this in #12 translucent in the summer to set foundation and tinted moisterizer. It's a little pricey for the amount you get, the Laura Mercier Translucent that I use in winter is better value for the amount but I really love MUFE. Sephora only seems to carry it through online ordering now though, not in my local store. Finely milled, doesn't bother my skin - just about perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am NC20 and I have it in #16. It is very matte when you apply it but it doesn't control oil much. I still find myself having to blot throughout the day. I like HD powder a lot better than this because of the smooth skin finish but I can't use HD powder alone without using the HD foundation. I still can use this without the HD foundation because this powder though being matte, doesn't make you look too dry. Overall this is a good powder but after a few hours it's just oxidize, doesn't stay long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by saying that I have extremely sensitive acne prone dehydrated skin and I have tested a lot of different loose powders in the market. Some left my skin powdery, some seemed to suck up all the moisture in my skin and some just killed the teeny bit of glow left on my complexion. Despite the name do not be fooled by this little gem! Although it claims to be 'super matte' it actually did not dry out my skin.

The powder itself is silky smooth and I believe is because silica is one of the top ingredients in the formula. However this powder neither caused me rashes nor broke out my sensitive skin. A light dusting of this powder over sunscreen and my skin is left with the most beautiful and even glow. There is no need for foundation at all.

My only gripe is that this powder does not do a stellar job in oil control. Although I have combination-dry skin, my complexion was slightly greasy by mid-day. Also I feel that there is plenty of room for improvement on the packaging. MUFE I hope you are listening. This powder is not travel friendly and has a tendency to spill therefore causing wastage.

For reference I am NC15-20 and I have it in #12 translucent. Despite several reviews which claim that this powder oxidises I have not experienced this problem so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this however, the Tarte smooth operator finishing powder has this one beat. The Tarte controls oil & holds makeup better than this powder in my opinion. It is very matte when you apply it, it gives you a very smooth, matte, even canvas to work with when you apply your bronzer, blush, etc. but it doesn't control oil as much as I thought it would which is the main reason I bought it. I still find myself having to blot throughout the day, not as much but it's still not effective enough for my very oily skin. I like this a lot better than their HD powder though, that's for sure. This powder though being very matte, doesn't make you look too dry, unless you apply a little too much. I find this makes your makeup prone to blotching off if your skin is rubbed against, so it doesn't exactly set the makeup well enough in my opinion. It's a good powder & makes your makeup look initially good, I've just found better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ladyli3n

I have a love-hate relationship with this powder - for one thing - it has A WHOLE HELL of shimmer in it for a matte product - it does mattify your skin however but i find that it dosen't keep me matte throughout the day. It's an okay product - nothing spectacular - just like any loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This loose powder has the most lovely finish I have ever experienced from any other loose powder and that includes the great Chanel & Laura Mercier ones, both of which are very good but this beats them both in terms of the finish. The powder is extremely fine and goes on invisibly no matter what condition my skin is in. It doesn't settle on the dry patches or enhance my pores. My skin type is a combination of oily and dry acne-prone. This powder doesn't break me out, doesn't cling to dryness or enhance it but it also does not control oil. It's important to know before buying this product that it will not do anything to help control oil. It is an excellent loose powder that finishes off your foundation very well, locks all the makeup in place and puts an incredible smoothing, diffusing finish over your skin. The finish is just so flattering and makes everything look so much more perfect and soft. It is amazing that something can have that effect without adding any additional coverage. I generally use a very light coverage foundation/tinited-moisturizer on a daily basis (TheBalm BalmShelter and Mac Face & Body) and finish it off with this powder. The effect is that of very light, natural coverage but of the most diffused smoothing effect. I've even layered this over a moderate coverage foundation and it still adds a more perfecting, diffusing touch to the skin. When compared to the Laura Mercier and Chanel powders, I find that the Laura Mercier one controls oil a bit better but looks generally invisible and doesn't enhance the finish like the MUFE one; the Chanel powder is a bit more brightening but also just goes on invisible and also doesn't add that extra touch. I highly recommend this powder. I don't think oily skin can be controlled by products anyway and I use this frequently for the beautiful finish it imparts.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No