Avon Beyond Color Plumping Lip Color

3.8

on 8/19/2007 11:48:00 AM

I bought this actually I bought two tubes of Avon's Beyond Lip Plumping lipstick in Gilded. This shade is a rather close to my Estee Lauder Electric Intense Lip Creme-Merengue which I love but Estee Lauder has discontinued it. Avon's is much less expensive a tube cost $8.00. I got two tubes for $6.99 Avon was having a sale which happens often. I do find that the lipstick can be a bit drying but I just use a little lip moisturizer or clear lip gloss or balm.

on 8/4/2007 2:09:00 PM

Mad for Mauve and Divine Wine --finally found colors that work for my fair/cool skintone, Mad for Mauve is a medium soft pink on me; with a subtle mauve tone. Divine Wine is a deeper, more dramatic, almost-red blueish pink. Love the smooth texture and the emollients that do make lips a little fuller. Other colors I tried --including the popular Twig --- were glaring bright pink or orange disasters on me. Don't get discouraged, get samples! (As of 7/07, my Avon Rep's was giving out those tiny tubes.)

on 3/2/2007 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Mad For Mauve is my "go for" lipstick. This color works with everything I wear. I can play it down by using it alone; play it up with liner and gloss. It has a fairly long life considering that it's creamy. I guess you could say this is a good old fashion lippie. Pure and simple. What more could you ask for at $3 ?

on 1/22/2007 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I didn't realize this is supposed to be a plumping lipstick. I didn't notice any plumping, but that's fine with me because I don't want bigger lips. I have this in Burgundy, and that's exactly what it looks like: a deep red wine. It's very rich and creamy. I like to thin it down to a perfect deep berry stain. This was $2.99 during a sale.

on 11/15/2006 4:14:00 PM

I really love this lipstick! I own it in terracotta, and the color is absolutely PERFECT for my skintone. It brightens up my whole face. I find it goes on fairly smoothly and stays on quite awhile however I think it dries out my lips a little. continued >>

on 9/27/2006 3:56:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I use and love Avon's Beyond Color Plumping Lip Color SPF 15 with Double the Retinol Lip Conditioner alone _AND_ under Beyond Color's Beige Nude Lipstick which is the perfect neutral, subtle lipcolor. This line of lipsticks really are lip treatments - they moisturize and plump my lips. The price is affordable and it's easy to order these from many Ebay Avon sellers as well as from the regular Avon website or your local Avon Lady.

A slight downside (which is why I couldn't give it a 5) is this updated version has a fragrance and taste added along with the spf15. I wish Avon would go back to the original 'nutralush beyond color' formula. Why change something with more add-ins when it was so effective and popular to begin with?

A complimentary lip liner that I use to the Beige Nude color is Avon's Ultra Luxury Lip Liner in Neutral, which is less than 3.00 when on sale.

on 3/14/2006 3:57:00 PM

I much prefer Avon's Ultra moisture rich lipstick and My lip miracle to this one. It is creamy but does not go on smooth. It looks rough on my lips not a good thing. I expected some benefits from the retinol and there are none to be had. Also no plumping effect.

on 8/5/2005 8:22:00 PM

A while back, I bought Avon's beyond color lipstick in Chocolate Frosting. After I ate, the all of the color slipped right off my lips. Therefore, there was no color left on my lips. I have not had this experience with lipstick for a long time.

on 6/8/2005 12:26:00 PM

I may or may not purchase this product again. I have two colors - Twig and Beige Shimmer. I never really noticed any "plumping" and the color seems to wear off quickly. If the price were right, say, $1.99, I would probably repurchase.

on 6/1/2005 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm reviewing Beyond Color Plumping Lipstick with SPF15. I bought 'uptown pink' which turns more like a bright fuschia pink on my lips. This is my first Avon lipstick (believe it or not). I have pretty plump lips (far from Angelina's Jolie, though ^.^) - but I thought I'd try this. I think I don't use this often enough to see whether or not it really does the job (plump your lips), because I don't like the texture at all! It's creamy but somehow it doesn't glide easy. It looks uneven & 'rough' on my lips. I found even cheaper brand such as Wet & Wild lipstick has better texture! Not to mention the smell of this lipstick. Which is weird, because I don't normally 'sensitive' to smell, but this one smells like melon & I don't really fancy melon scents. Oh well .. I bought it when it was on sale, but still - I thought I could use this & see my lips more plumped.

Recommended for Medium Skin