April 16, 2014 | 1975 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Start to Finish Base & Top Coat

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Experienced the same problem as others with it becoming goopy as the bottle got to the bottom half. Not as pleased with it as a base coat. Wouldn't purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Suzy05

I bought this product primarily as a nail strengthener and to use as a clear polish so can't say how well it works over coloured polish as a top coat. However apart from the wide brush and the fact it is formaldehyde free I do not rate this product at all and will not buy again. It does not work as a nail strengthener at all, does not dry to a high gloss finish and also dries with a grainy texture so not smooth. I am very disappointed to say the least. I would have expected far more for the high price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by vivi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this overpriced OPI product.
1. Using it as a base coat does not help prevent stains nor does it make polish last longer
2. Applying this over wet polish results in tiny bubbles. I had to wait about 15 minutes for the polish to dry before using this (totally defeats the purpose of a quick dry top coat)
3. Horrible as a top coat for nail art because it will drag the different colors onto each other creating a bleeding effect. Yuck.
4. Has no significant shine to it, and does not help even out polish.

I only use this polish as a sticky base for applying rhinestones. I'd rather not waste my good top coats. Total waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupwithstyle747

THIS IS SOO NOT DRYING!! Im pretty much just wasting my nail polish coz of this stuff. If you are looking for a REALLY REALLY REALLY good nail polish base and top coat- go ahead and pick up ones from the brand Seche. They are super drying!!! And thats what the manicure person (sorry dont know what theyre called lmfaoo) used!!
THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY REVIEW!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by msintroverted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Violet

I really don't care for this product at all. I was pretty disappointed that it didn't work considering that it's a bit pricey. Every time I use this stuff without fail, it makes my nail polish peel off the same day. I've tried just using it as a base coat and skipping the top coat and vice versa. No matter how many variations I try it still manages to cause my polish to peel right off. I usually like OPI polishes but this stuff is a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Newyorking

I had to edit my previous positive review. After using this for a few months, I noticed that it doesn't work as well. The product thickens very easily and causes a big mess. Also, I purchased this product twice, and each time the brush area came off the cap, and it is such a pain to use this product. Not convenient at all.

I tried Seche Vite, it is much better. SV dries much faster and although it thickens easily too, it is much better quality than Opi. Faster drying, no dislocation brush from cap, I prefer SV over Opi.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by jazmint

Do not use this for your top coat if you are impatient.
I relied on this for strengthening, top and base. Considering the fact that its a three in one, it does its job reasonably well. Its great, but I wouldn't purchase a second.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hnn

This polish takes a long time to set as a top coat. The shine it gives is so-so, nothing you can't get with a cheaper drugstore base/top coat. Definitely not worth its retail price, stay away!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by NightAtTheOpera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

It bubbled from the very beginning. I wasn't even halfway through the bottle before it turned into a goopy substance, that can only be compared to glue straight out of a glue gun. It was also stringy. Would not recommend this to anyone.

The only positive was the substance didn't evolve in to a Gorgon and try and eat me. That's good thing, right?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by juicynsweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This I would say is just an average base and top coat. For one, sometimes when I would open it, it would just leave the brush part itself stuck and the cap comes undone. When I let it dry, it doesn't have bubbles yet so I will stick to this for now.